Feels Like 2013 Again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JeffJohns, Jul 22, 2023.

1. JeffJohns New Player

This may come off as cheesy. But I’ve seen quite a few Creativity people running around in game again, and I gotta say I love it.

We need more of the OG great leagues to come back. Select Few took over the mantle for ‘Best League’ when Creativity took a break. And with SF pretty much in hibernation we don’t have any leagues that are highly respected or well known (not the league lol).

Idk, it kind of feels like DCUO’s player base is mirroring the Kingdom Come comic in a lot of ways. In the absence of those great leagues years ago, we have a bunch of no names with super high SP that stick to themselves (maybe bc they hack, maybe not…. But let’s be honest. Most likely).

What made Creativity so great was they were really good players, and they proved it live on FNL. They didn’t hide from the community so they can run cheats and just flex on others with their SP. They proved themselves in front of the whole community for all to see.

The other part that made them awesome is they weren’t toxic. When you randomly got to run with them from LFG you didn’t worry about getting kicked from group…. You felt like Superman showed up, and you knew you were gonna win. Nowadays so many leagues and groups discriminate against players for their arts, allies, or if you use prec or might. The peeps in Creativity don’t do that.

Idk, I may be rambling, but I just want to say welcome back Creativity, you’ve been missed and I hope you guys can rally the player base again so we have someone to look up to again.
    • Like x 2
  2. ScorchedFortress Level 30

Wow! What a humbling post to wake up to! I can’t say I disagree with you haha.

I always respected and wanted to be apart of their league, and was thrilled when they asked me to be apart of their return. They’re all so much fun to play with. Thanks for the shout out, I’ll be sure to share this with Selene and the other OG’s!!
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

Anyone else feel like both of these posts were written by the same person?
    • Like x 16
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]

What a clever way to disguise a league recruitment advertisement in General Forum haha
    • Like x 1
  5. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Detecting extreme levels of cap from the OP….
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I was just going to question the use of Kingdom Come as a comparison, considering, y'know, what happened in the story AFTER Superman and his faction came back to the forefront. :confused:
  7. JeffJohns New Player

lol I can see that, but sadly no. This post wasn’t just about them. It was about all of the OG leagues that we looked up to back in the day. Creativity, SF, Entitled, Well Known… stuff like that:). They just happen to be the ones I saw the other day that made me excited. I know Entitled/Success is still around but DPS has left a less than favorable impression on me after a couple of runs with him.
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

How did you forget odyssey in here :eek: when I got on dcuo in sept 2011 that were the premiere league, and very active on the forums. Then there was a league on PS3 called “titans” who were really good (think it’s dispensed now), and lastly probably one of the most fun leagues I’ve run with, very fun group “rebels” I’d be asked to join some runs by one of their members… it was alway fun they were funny and we never struggled in anything.

I do miss seeing some of these old leagues. My old league “JustUs legion” never was huge and “known” in the community but it was a fun group.

I also miss seeing some of the old names on the forum like khalofogun… what happened to him? The marvel, my boy dogico, and lacedog…. Spytle :(
    • Like x 1
  9. JeffJohns New Player

Holy crap I forgot about Odyssey too! They were really good!
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I believe they were the first to have a feat named after them
  11. JeffJohns New Player

I actually…did not know that. That’s really awesome! There were so many great leagues and players back in the day. Now it’s like you can’t trust someone’s greatness bc of how bad hacking has become. It’s honestly kind of sad
  12. ScorchedFortress Level 30

Mmmmm jaded by the forums, you have become. Lol
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Dang, Xbox really needs helpful top leagues like that. Sadly, the population is so traumatized right now the small handful of top leagues (that actually have active players left) mostly stick to themselves/closed recruitment.
  14. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

I heard he actually passed away unfortunately :(
  15. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Oh my god. I remember talking to him on forums sometimes. :(
  16. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

What…. Damn I hope that’s not true
  17. ScorchedFortress Level 30

He logged in like 4 days ago. He’s in my old league.

Checking now. Stand by.

Uodate: he may have. I saw he logged in on 07/19….. didn’t see of last year.
  18. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Dang so he logged in last 7/19 of 2022? Or you didn’t see the year … man that’s too bad if he did pass … he seemed nice
    • Like x 2
  19. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

I heard he passed away last summer, so about a year ago now..

EDIT: Could be a rumor of some sort, but his last forum posts align with it, and it's not really something I would lie/joke about either.
    • Like x 1
  20. ScorchedFortress Level 30

I’d say it’s safe to say he did past last summer bc that’s the last time he logged in.