Fear gas or Cryo-foam?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Baron Fell, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Baron Fell New Player

Im looking for opinions on the benefits and detriments of each in a Gadgets DPS loadout. I have used both and will save my opinion for myself. Im curious what other players prefer and why.
  2. Lokkii Committed Player

I used both during my short stent as a gadgets DPS
  3. Death Throe New Player

Both, because they are both good powers to use. If you use them you will see. They are Greeeeeat!
  4. Hard Night New Player

5. Baron Fell New Player

I dont have room for both in my loadout. I like feargas because it uses relatively little power and it can be jump canceled, however it does half the damage of Cryo-foam. I like cryo-foam because it does a lot of damage, but it cant be clipped or cancelled and uses as much power as Gauss Grenade. Thus, you can see my problem.
  6. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Each one has its advantage and disadvantage.

With Fear Gas, it will hit only two random opponents per half-second of casting it (meaning if you jump cancel it, you will get at most 2 or 3 enemies at a time only). Its range is slightly longer than Cryo-foam and it will not split damage. The tick rates are also faster and the power is overall cheaper. The downfall is that it's interruptible if you keep casting it, and that it's only a 35% damage bonus power. To get the power interaction, you have to constantly reapply Burning or Electrified on your targets.

With Cryo-foam, it has a fixed uninterruptible casting animation, hits 4 random opponents at once per half-second (if you're lucky, it can hit 5), has a stronger but slower damage over time. It splits damage when it hits more than 2 opponents. Its range is also slightly smaller and costs more power than Fear Gas. The damage modifier is 45% though. One good thing about Cryo-foam is that it refreshes Burning interactions, which means you only need to apply Burning or Electrified once and you can keep them burning by casting Cryo-foam over and over.
  7. Snix Dedicated Player

I use both and I am seeing good results.
  8. Meta Flare New Player

i use both and dont understand why you dont have room for both? what are you using?
  9. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Depends on a multitude of things. If i'm running with napalm then i'll go fear gas since it doesn't split on groups and I like the jump cancel(lower power cost too). I'd also say the level of content has some effect for me to. If i'm running the T5 stuff I'd rather use foam on 1 or 2 targets since it doesn't split, hits harder and the dots should last thru. If i'm running something lower I'll probably run both like you said and use one or the other based on groups or what type of NPC I'm up against. It depends on my mood.
  10. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Foam can be clipped with intimidation. Makes for a quick combo. It does cost a little more power the trick is using it in the right spot tho. 1 or 2 adds(splits at 3) and against something that's gonna be alive long enough for your DoT's to go the distance.
  11. Lalpeklawm Active Player

I used gadgets power once it a great power. It is better to be with DPS than troller.