Favorite power of all time

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stanktonia, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

What has been your favorite power in the game so far? This can include powers from any era of the game, including powers before they were patched or nerfed.

For me, I’m going to have to go with electric pre attract patch. Attract, before it was adjusted, would allow you to clip out of it with any power or weapon attack, which was the ignition to a crazy fast paced play style, especially if you paired it with a jump canceled spark barrage. The damage (and power consumption lol) resembled (pre-gu36) gadgets and hardlight casually. Electric during this era definitely gave me a dps experience that hasn’t been dittoed yet
    • Like x 4
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

HL pre gu36 was my all time favorite power. I always have a HL toon even if it’s not my main because of nostalgia
    • Like x 5
  3. Eve YouTuber

It's a shocker to think, that as much as I love Nature, It isn't my favorite. I always had the most fun with Rage might dps, and it will always be my favorite powerset. For healing tho, deffo Nature.
    • Like x 3
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Fire
    • Like x 6
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

gadgets. then gadgets.
    • Like x 4
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

From the moment I came into the game, I've loved Earth. Jackhammer, Jackhammer, JACKHAMMER! <3

It devastated me to learn that, a), Earth wasn't a free power thus I had to buy the BFE dlc or sub up when I first started (nope) and, b), Earth was bottom tier, a joke power during 2013-2014. My really good friend who brought me to DCUO advised me away from Earth, lol. I went with Ice and it was quite a while until I finally switched to Earth. I made a pit stop at Celestial first. Love both sides of that power as well.

As for the era? Well, RIGHT NOW! Post-stats revamp. Imagine my surprise, upon coming back to DCUO in 2019, at seeing Earth DPSes using Jackhammer in their rotations... and not getting kicked! OH GLORIOUS EARTH!

Now, if I'm melee DPSing - Jackhammer. If I'm Aftershock tanking - Jackhammer. If I'm Brick tanking - Jackhammer's there too!

JACKHAMMER!!
    • Like x 4
  7. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Absolutely Combo Powers. Adds an extra depth of immersion that the other powers just can't. Nothing wrong with the others but after a few years you get tired of Power 1-2-3-4 rotations. Thankfully we have a Combo Power for each Role now, although some better than others
    • Like x 4
  8. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Mental when it didn't rely on invisibility to put out those numbers, unless I'm missing something.
    • Like x 3
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Ive really only played support these last 10 years. Was hardlight for most of my time, but its by no means my favorite power. Mental has always been the coolest to me because it has a lil bit of everything. I was mental right before i went tank. I miss it so much, but ya know… trolls
    • Like x 2
  10. Jcal Dedicated Player

Omg, I found the exact video that cemented my love for Earth, lol. After watching this, I knew it was just a matter of time. This video is so awesome. I've already looped it like 4 times, lmao!

*Salutes to Super Dorothy*
    • Like x 1
  11. Controller Devoted Player

Hardlight or Quantum.
    • Like x 2
  12. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

When celestial first came out was amazing. Definitely was my favorite, Ice is second.
    • Like x 5
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I really love being an atomic powered kitty.
    • Like x 6
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Lol interesting.
    • Like x 4
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Mental - I liked it back when I didn't know what I was doing with it, then when I did, then through WM, then through AM, and now that it's now it's both a good Precision and Might platform and I even use the Invis mechanics now (even though I didn't vote for them Way Back When) I still like it.

I just also like other things too now.
    • Like x 4
  16. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Hardlight was so crazy man, it literally brought the mathematician out of people lol
    • Like x 2
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yep, gadgets has been good through every era, and it was actually better than light during the pre gu36 era
    • Like x 2
  18. Starblast Well-Known Player

Definitely Quantum.
    Electricity and Nature are close seconds but if your loadout is wrong then i get frustrated.
    Water used to be really awesome but IMO since it became mostly a precision, single target dps power i lost interest. Maybe it's good for healing.

But yeah....Anyway....yeah Quantum definitely. I need the ability to teleport. and so many options it feels for loadouts. and I just like the way it makes me feel about myself. if it gets nerfed or massively changed i may jump ship.
  19. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Rage

Celestial and electricity take a close 2nd.
    • Like x 1
  20. Trykz Dedicated Player

Rage all day, for both roles, it’s more fun than anything else I’ve done in the game and I’ve played every power save water.
    Quantum trolling and electric healing take a tie for second.
    • Like x 1