Favorite Power/Movement/Weapon?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by BlvckMvmbv, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Soulmass Well-Known Player

I've used all the powers fire is my favorite but I'm mainly a healer so sorc is my second favorite. For weapons lol I switch daily so it varies anything but pistols , MA , rifle ,bow and HB hate those, flight is my favorite though I stay SS for pvp kiting.
    • Like x 1
  2. Crow God New Player

I haven't really played around with the power sets but I do love fire so that might be my favorite (even though my main uses gadgets).
    As for movement, acrobatics hands down. I love gliding, I love using the zipline, I love the rocket assist glide...but mostly I love roof running (the main reason I pick it).
    For weapons I'm loving the staff and the bow.
  3. Heartless New Player

I like sorcery out of all the powers with light coming in a close second.
    I've only tried a handful of weapons, but martial arts is my favorite.
    Acrobatics for movement.
  4. Mick93 New Player

Acro/earth/dual pistols.
  5. Prismghost Active Player

thats cool
  6. Lepew New Player

I've tried it all, but have not run 30+ in everything.
    For healing I like nature. Heals are easy, mobility is great.
    For controlling I like quantum or gadgets. Quantum has cool looking powers and PIs. Gadgets is awesome for the threat dump and suppressor turret.
    For tanking I like Ice. You are big and beefy and can yank stuff to you.
    I haven't spent much thought on DPS. HL is prob the way to go, but those combos are hard to pull off and require practice to the point where you know where you are in a sequence and know where you want to go next as the situation demands.

Weapons
    -I had a blast playing a baseball themed character with 2H...lots of bat whacking
    -Handblaster is fun for power regen and SF, nice overall ranged
    -There is something just plain fun about autofire and dual pistols...rooms of garbage blow up and stuff goes back.
    -1h is fun with the flurry combo
    -Mortar is great with rifles. Bow is nice for similar attacks.
    -Do not like staff. Too complex for me. MA is fun for single target lockdown. Brawl is painfully slow, and only useful for HL imo.

Movement
    -acro: great passives, fun zipping up buildings, fun zipping across walls, great for rocket glide up/down speed crossing of zones, but annoying for moving in watchtower, and the wall sticky thing can be annoying for hunting briefings. You know all those guys who pressed space to jump in WoW as you would move around? They would like acro since you have to continually do something to move.
    -flight: reliable, slow, great to tab out and refer to maps or go afk at height. Nice vertical getaway when heat gets hot healing. Really annoying picking up objects in flight as you must stop and allow for overshoot.
    -superspeed: wish this game had stealth aspect on it like CoH, annoying how you pull aggro as you cross zones. Usually I building jump where you zoom up and spacebar to do the mongo mile long jump. No real safety move like high alt hover or wall cling. Can get really annoying getting stuck on ceilings.
  7. FelixDuo Committed Player

Man, I don't know. I got into this game two weeks ago and I'm still having trouble deciding how I want to load out my characters. I've tried, at least briefly, every power and weapon but I only have two characters that I consider "permanent," those being Gadget/Acrobatic/Handblasters and Earth/Super speed/Brawling.

I really want to like Sorcery, but it seems to lack offensive power, and I want to do more than just heal.

I like pretty much all of the weapons, but I find Rifle hard to work with at times and Two Handed kinda lacks variety compared to other weapons. Favorites are probably Staff, Brawling, and Martial Arts.

And the movement modes are pretty equal in my eyes. Acrobatics is fun, super speed is fast, and flight is handy.
  8. Vincent9072 New Player

I am a deadpool fan so i just went acro , dual gun , gadget
  9. aganusn New Player

Gadgets, speed, 1h for PVP, brawling for PVE
  10. TheGrimstone New Player

Electricity was once my favorite(sobs)

Fire, Acro, and Dual Pistols/Martials Arts
  11. Lalpeklawm Active Player

I like mental power. It can control a lot of crowd. For weapon I like one handed. It's pretty fast. And flight for movement. I like SS for inside a building. Flight for the out world.