Family Reunion: No roleless buff in Central City

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Oct 1, 2021.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Please fix this, PLEASE. :(
    • Like x 1
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Weren't roleless buffs removed for good with Episode 41?
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

No. Only in EEG and open worlds.
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Oh alright, well the CC and Gotham portions of Family Reunion aren't too hard and can be completed without a healer. Maybe that's why they didn't put roleless buffs. Plus there's always other groups in CC when I do it, that helps a lot too.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

EU is a different story. CC is impossible without a tank or healer.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Naw, I love having excuses to break out my battletroll LO other than SM and those rare occasions when a boss is below 15% health and only me, the tank and a healer are left.

Oh I forgot about those times when I'm doing an open world bounty and despite there being 20, 30 or even up to 40 other players fighting with me, I glance up and see no debuffs applied. yeah, that too., lol.
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I know y'all don't have the population we do but from what I hear the percentage of player base as a whole that could be classified somewhere between "sufficiently adequate" and "good" is much higher and that it's not too difficult to find competent group members. But that's just what I hear.

Either way, CC is definitely not doable without a tank unless you're waiting around to piggyback off another groups tank. But it's doable without a healer. For me personally it's pretty risky to battletank it without a healer. But my tank-tank loadout is just fine and likewise I don't have issues on my main DPSing or battle trolling if there's no healer. Ya just gotta use that R1 button, lol.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

This right here. Remember, operations bring you to the open world and that version of Central City is a skin and a shared space.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well, maybe they could make an exception? Because this is absolute hell. :(
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s doable without a tank if you have a healer and vice versa. But if you don’t have either, no amount of blocking will help. But I’m sure we could do it with 4 dps if we just had the roleless buff.
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I get your sentiment, I understand your situation and your frustration but at this point, putting roleless buffs would only undermine the work that the Stat Clamp has been doing. I'm definitely not a huge fan of the Stat Clamp myself but it has brought in some really good positives. One of those positives and I think the most important one, is that it has brought new life to all the support role players. They've become a lot more instrumental to a group's success and I fear that by applying roleless buffs, we're going to destroy some of that progress.

One of the biggest complaint pre-clamp was that all the focus was on the "Burn" and support roles were becoming less and less valuable (Especially Trolls).

I get the situation with EU servers but now that the landscape has changed, players are going to have to adapt and evolve in order to succeed.