Fake role queuing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Feb 3, 2022.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

We need to figure something out. It’s getting impossible to pug which is sorta fine I guess but it would be nice to have it as an option and seems like some people need that option. But anyway, players that que for a role they can’t do are really wrecking the game lately. Just went thru a 50min wipe session and we could not get a healer in since some dummy qued as one. And since no one used my kick option or disband option, everyone left at last boss. Happens pretty much every pug group lately. So can our collective minds figure this out or is it time to stop pugging?
    • Like x 4
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Just reduce the kick restrictions so these types of trash can be kicked more frequently.
    • Like x 4
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

When pug'n, like omnibus, I'll never q my role, just in case. But when I have a role (like healer) that can pull the group together because the one that did que as a healer is "non efficient," I'll switch and get us through.

Yes, way to many though that select a role they have no idea how to play, and half of them or more can't even dps efficiently lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I hate it when that happens, I mean like, why? Why even do that in the first place?

On the other hand I have had this happen to me twice before when I got ninja’d into an instance. I’m dps, only, so I’m playing my role as dps when one of the others in the group asked me why I was dps’ing when I was qued up a tank. I never even qued up for it, I was ninja’d into the instance.

So I don’t know. I do believe the majority of these occurrences are players who que for a role but get enjoyment from wrecking the game for others.

I like Proxy’s idea.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

They also queue both roles to speed up queue times because the game tries to build balanced groups with DPS coming in last.
    • Like x 1
  6. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah I've been there lol it's staggering how many people really can't heal or tank or troll and yes dps to. Some of it is laughable and some of it is just really really sad smh.
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Venting feels good haha. This one tho irked me worse than normal tho because this wasn’t a new player. They were good. Good damage, pickups, went down a few times cuz we obviously didn’t have a healer but rallied well in AoE heavy situations. Can it be reported? It seems kinda trolly. I’m too lazy to report and aside from this type of stuff, I never really see anything like speed hacking or whatever.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've shown up in raids with everyone dps queue flaged. (no support role icon shown) I'm convinced rol option alerts is broken. oh, wait i gave an example of a raid for an alert setting problem. but yeah, it happens in alerts and raids since omnibus release. Wacked parties thrown together. It'd be more rewarding if the characters moved upon spawn, It's 30 seconds and i think, somebody is gonna lag disconnect. Nobody is moving. Then the tank says brb, taking a ****. A DPS runs into the room with npcs. The healer is out of power because everyone in the room is not attacking anyone, and not taking damage. the DPS is alone and KOs over there. far away. not in line of sight.
  9. thedemonocus Loyal Player

We don't want the kick restrictions loosened. I was playing back when there was no kick restrictions it it was abused, people would kick you if you did more damage than them or they just had a friend log in they wanted to invite so you would get kicked for no reason, sometimes you would even get kicked for not being max cr it was a disaster and the devs thankfully put in the restrictions.

Now as far as the role thing goes i think a lot of it is the roles are default set at both when you q and a lot of people don't know that they can change it so a simple fix would be to default it to dps only and if you want to play role you have to manually select it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I was there too and actual abuse of the kick feature was far rarer than you're portraying.
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

This was abused constantly back in the day. I loathe when people queue a role and won't play it but opening the door for the bad ol' days of abusing the kick function is not it.
    • Like x 2
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ill say there is a need a vote-kick limitation. But a 3 hour timer is too restrictive... 5-10 minutes would make more sense.
    • Like x 1
  13. fm0987 Committed Player

This problem is as old as the hills all you can really do is put them on ignore, though I wish the ignore list was account wide
    • Like x 3
  14. fm0987 Committed Player

I think it’s at least in part because of cr skips, a couple times now I had to go tank in tsdr last boss because the tank neglects to pull adds and keep wiping the group (and they were like 350+ cr)
    • Like x 1
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I’m thinking more of a separate reporting feature that’s aimed more at griefing. 1st time, 24hr ban. 2nd 48. So on and so on till they learn their lesson. Sometimes maybe it’s an honest mistake because they don’t know better. But plenty of times it’s just a turd being a turd.
  16. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

The Omnibus idea is interesting, but when the group is bad it is very tiring to continue. Yesterday I did my weekly raid to earn the marks. The first raid the group was lost. I left. The second attempt also failed. Only the third time the group managed to finish. The kick doesn't work when there are a lot of bad players, the best thing to do is to leave.
    • Like x 2
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It is one of the bigger reasons to stay out of Omni. If you get lucky and everyone does what they que for, it’s a lot more likely to go well. Since this problem exists, the possibility of failing is way too high to bother.
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

We had that issue loooonnnnnnng before we ever got any CR Skip.

People have always been qeueing for both DPS and Role even if they never had any intention to play the Role just to speed up the queue.

Same with people not capable to play a Role.

Again looooooonnnng before we had the CR Skip.... we have Healers who do not heal..... Controller who give no power.... etc.
    This has been happening since wayyyyyy back when when I first started playing DCUO.

Heck... with the Legion of Doom DLC I saw plenty of groups where we could not get past Sixth Dimension Superman in the Raid.

There is this strange phenomenon that usually... when we get a new DLC it is easier to play the group content at first somehow.

But after a month or 2...... group content becomes more difficult somehow even if people have a higher CR thanks to having better gear at that point.

Not sure why.

Could it be that all the Good Players spam and spam the group Missions the first few weeks we get the new DLC?? and then don't play group content very much after??
    Could it be that once the Good Players are done playing the content..... we are left with the Less Good Players which makes the content more difficult despite having better gear and higher CR??

Will have to investigate. ;)

But either way...... I would not blame the CR skip for this. ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I think instances should have separate timers for kicking. If i have to kick a booty tank from Throne, I shouldn’t be locked from kicking the troll who wont switch when i then get into shattered gotham.
    • Like x 2
  20. Eve YouTuber

I always queue both roles (Healer and DPS), but I make sure I go heal if there is no other heal as I prefer supporting my group anyway.
    If there is another heal I stay dps. It didn't happen to me often that someone didn't change or wasn't in their role already, but I can see how upsetting it is. If you queued as role and you see NOBODY else is doing that role, please don't drag the group down and change to your role. Also, stop being lazy lol

As for kicks - the problem with changing timers on them is that people will start abusing them. Sadly, we all know, we can't have "nice" things.
    • Like x 2