Face mods??

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dwild50, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

After receiving my 20th or so "face mod" as a drop, the question popped into my head...what are these for? I mean the ONLY face armor I know of with a slot for a mod is Starro's Mask of Omnipotence, which has a max level of 174. The lowest armor I have on my main is level 201. Now the Mask of Omnipotence was nice when I first crafted it but the stats aren't that high compared to the current armor levels. Putting a mod into it would help a bit but it still drops your CR if you put the mask on. So again...why all the "face mods?" Unless there is some plan to add a mod slot to face armor in the works.

On a related topic, we have head mods and leg mods and back mods. The heads, legs and backs have mod slots but as far as I can see you can get back mods occasionally, but head mods and leg mods only come in specific Time Capsules and often are so narrowly limited that a lot of people don't use them. Bigguns III is great for a head mod...I use it on my main Munitions toon. But the head mod for Atomic is set for a certain attack which I don't use in my loadout. These mods are nice IF you open the right TC and get a mod that actually works in a loadout you use. Otherwise you sell them for 7 bucks to a vendor. And while the back and leg mods are nice IF you use the attack in your loadout, a crafted color coded mod gives you a more balanced increase in stats that affect your toon no matter what your loadout may be. The concept is just odd IMO. I could be wrong, and would appreciate anyone who could explain any additional benefit I may be missing.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    I thought white mods were now on the Quarks vendor only??
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Starro OP face is still relevant for some, hence why the mods for it are still dropping.
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

The one you craft is no longer relevant. The new face drops, like the ring and the utility belt, and I believe the CR is 187 or 188, or something. It's still useful for off roles if you just look at stats and not the CR.
    • Like x 2
  5. Dene Devoted Player

yep.. or a lower alt that gets it may get use out of it with the face mod

188 IL now but still mostly useless for those that are at end game.. for end game ppl the mask is only if you do not have the style and the style feat for it - 99% would not wear it.. i think a very small % might because certain stats may be single digit increases with the white mod but only on 1 or 2 stats (lowers your cr though)

They have it drop still because it was part of the loot table from when Starro was an event, last year. They are even more more useless than the location white mods - with location/teleporter white mods you can at least *possibly* still get a few rare ones that you can sell.. rest are trash, with mask mods they are all $11 on broker lol
  6. Dene Devoted Player

yeah.. not sur ewhat back mods are dropping in content lol

only 2 types of white mods still drop these days.. the location teleport ones and the white stat ones for those that use the starro mask
  7. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Thanks for the info...still I would be nice to see a face mod drop that could be used in something other than the Starro mask...but then the face mods ARE called Starro mods....ah well.
    • Like x 1
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I used the old face with a straight might mod on my DPS right up until this new one came out. With the straight might mod it offered me more in might stats than the end game vendor gear did, and it's the same with this new one now. Sure there are other stats that I lose on but most of them I try to make up for with generator mods.