Executive Producer, Creative Director, and Lead Designer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BumblingB, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Now... that is crazy talk.

I can't assist Mepps.......
    last time I assisted Mepps I spilled coffee on his laptop..... it was a disaster. :eek: ;);)
    • Like x 3
  2. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

he actually was good it’s just he got emotional and attack players and that was his downfall
    • Like x 1
  3. SonGoku Level 30

Wait, so let’s just go over it one time real quick. No CEO, no Creative Director, no Executive Producer, no Lead Designer and no Art Director? Um… I mean…

Also, I had a look at their programmer requirements and what DI are asking for is a little outrageous for a 12 year old UE3 game imo. A BS in Comp Sci and 5+ years of experience? I’m sorry, but that is ridiculous for this type of game. Right now there are job postings from triple A studios offering opportunites to work on UE5/Frostbite/Unity etc, on big name titles to add to their resume alongside big names with the same qualifications and skills needed and some even less! And that’s just for a Programmer!
    • Like x 4
  4. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

We don't know if all of that is true. Some roles in certain jobs require a longer notice than 2 weeks. Most of the time this is actually done by the person leaving out of respect. For all we know Panderus could still be there finishing up, and DCUO could be starting the interview process ahead of the leave. If not, it may be true for any or all of the other roles. Its all conjecture and guessing, not fact.
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

My real question that will never get an answer is when is the DC License up for renewal? that is the only thing of value this game has to outside ownership
    • Like x 2
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I believe Microsoft just laid off a lot 343 Halo programmers. New Job opportunities for them in Texas with Daybreak.
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Lol, Haha
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

With any luck, Non-Competes will soon be a thing of the past. They're awful for rank and file employees. Corporations have enough slanted in their favor.

https://www.wiley.law/alert-FTC-Proposes-New-Rule-to-Broadly-Ban-Non-Compete-Agreements
    • Like x 1
  9. SonGoku Level 30

Would you, as a game programmer with vast experience who shipped the latest Halo (granted not the best reception but it’s still Halo), leave also Washington which is arguably one of the best gaming hubs for company HQs in the world (Microsoft, Valve, Amazon, Nintendo for America, Bungie and dozens more) to go to work on UE3 DCUO in Austin?
    • Like x 2
  10. Dene Devoted Player

What passives do they have?

Oh wait.. that's allies
    • Like x 2
  11. SonGoku Level 30

Panderus may well still be there finishing up things before leaving, but Charon left a while ago, and DI has been without a CEO for a very long time too. Also all of those titles I listed (bar CEO of course) are all job listings on Indeed and DI website, 30+ days listed on Indeed and Panderus’ job was listed 3 days ago.

There is literally no good way go spin THAT many executive level positions holding vacancy for so long along with developers having left in droves a while ago and only just replaced. This is like a highschool if the Superintendent, Principle, Vice Principle and Athletic Director all left their jobs and the teachers just kept running the school.
    • Like x 2
  12. Emoney Dedicated Player

I've said it before, its gonna be hard for them to find programmers.

People are learning on UR5 in college. They have aspirations to help create beautiful games, not work on a 12 year old game running on UR3.5. The only people who would, are fresh new graduates looking for experience to put on a resume, to land a real career, and not looking to work here for more than 1 to 2 years. I think that's what has happened with a few of them that have come and gone.

Honestly, the only thing we can hope for is a sequel. I doubt they have the manpower, or financial backing to do a full revamp from 3.5 to 5. Maybe another studio can buy them out and create dcuo 2.

Overall though, this does make me think our time here is close to the end.
    • Like x 2
  13. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, also UE4 to UE5 is very different from UE3 to UE5, much bigger jump. I have no idea how exactly any of it works, but it's definitely a heck of a lot harder and more complicated than a lot of people recognize. Not exactly a copy/paste, I know that much! I can't say for certain, but I imagine they'd end up having to entirely rebuild a lot - if not all - of the game from the ground up and I highly doubt we'd be able to play in that time. They also wouldn't be able to make any revenue from it during that time if we weren't able to play, which would be a massive detriment to any major work like that. Such a process requires resources, after all. And I have no idea if such an undertaking would be able to maintain our characters and progress and items and bases and so on. I have no idea just how long it would truly take, but it definitely would be far more than, say, a month or two. And I doubt many of us are exactly ready for however long it would be.
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

DCUO is Daybreaks biggest earner....

And Warner needs $$$ right now. So whatever $$$ they get from DCUO must be much welcome right now.

So I would expect both party to benefit from renewing the DCUO License for quite some time.

Also based of previous EG7 Investors' reports..... EG7/Daybreak seem to have plans for DCUO for the next 10 years.

So unless some disaster happens...... I suspect DCUO will be around at Daybreak for the long run.

But.... I could be wrong??

Maybe James Gunn's brother owns a gaming company and James Gunn will convince DC Warner to sell the DCUO license to his brother's company??? You never know. ;)
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Just a suggestion. And it is an opportunity. But hey, I don't what the unemployment rate is like in Washington State. Hopefully they too will bounce back and find another job locally.
  16. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Im so happy about this i had to log back in to see if this thread had a green comment! Man this is good news
  17. SonGoku Level 30

Yeah, I understand. But something like that would be a downgrade, you don’t go from shipping a system seller flagship at 343 on their custom built engine to then go backwards 10 years and work on UE3 though lol

It would be like a chef working their way up to a prestigious restaurant in Paris only for the restaurant to shutdown and them go to work in a fish and chip shop in a town up north in England
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That investor report was published before they lost 3/4 of their development team including now every single senior position. So I would say that is a bit of disaster :p
    • Like x 3
  19. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Well, for starters, EG7/Dimensional Ink pay DC/WB mo ey, not the other way around. Companies charge for licensed use of their intellectual property. They don’t pay.