EU PS4/PC server shutdown

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VillNess, Aug 16, 2018.

1. VillNess Well-Known Player

So there was just a 30 minute server shutdown warning even though it's hours away from normal reset. Is this intended or just a mistake like few days ago?
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's on US too
    • Like x 1
  3. Nichalus Active Player

There have been several players, myself included, that were haven't Log In issues, on both PC and PS4. I'm assuming that this is the reason for the Server Restart.
  4. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Hopefully this will fix the login issue, wonder how long this will be down, so I can try again
  5. Nichalus Active Player

Unless they are plugging in a sizable fix, then it shouldn't be too long.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Can we get an ETA of how long it'll be down please?
    • Like x 1
  7. VillNess Well-Known Player

It's up

Or not atleast on eu side World Down
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

This is my question as well. I was fortunate and after only three tries I did manage to get into the game today. But the burning question of those that were in game was "So just how long will the game be off line?" Of course we had the usual doom and gloom.. Some saying the game would return when DCUO 2 was ready .. Problems IN game as well. Biggest is a severe lag issue in Metropolis No clue as of yet if they are even working on that with this shut down.
  9. Ergotth Committed Player

Well, tried FOUR TIMES and couldn't get myself logged in, it immediatly disconnects once I pick a character :/ couldn't this game have a more efficient and less time-wasting way to tell me it's not working?
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Just got home from work and tried to log in. I got the log in queue (which I haven't seen in years since I became a member) and soon after that I got to the character select screen. When I tried to use a character I got an error message that I needed to log in in order to proceed (yeah... didn't I just do that already?) . I tried again and I got the "authentication issue" error message.

So, I guess the servers are still down.
  11. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

we decided to run the Event TT anyway at 9mins 'til shutdown.
    got to the last fight door.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Cyborg: "Hold the door! Hold the door! hold door! Holdor! Hodor"
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I just had the usual shout chat diarrhea that occurs right before shutdown
    • Like x 2
  14. myandria Item Storage

This just popped up on the forums : Status: 8/16/2018 16:24 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance.

Heh.. SOMEBODY's ears were burning...

15. OG Sage Level 30

I love how there's no official posts or updates regarding this from daybreak staff lol, its like we know someone messed up bro just let us know how long this is going to take xD
  16. Bloodfirebon New Player

Hopefully there wouldn't be another shutdown in couple hours
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah that was what I was referring to LOL the DOOM AND GLOOM SQUAD... "The game is going down and it will never be back again.. See I told you it was dying!" Not exactly thrilled with the timing on the shut down ..7PM Eastern time just about when everyone is home from work, done with dinner and ready to log on and play.. but between not being able to get into the game and that messy lag in Metropolis its a good thing they did some thing.. I was chatting with some players outside Little Bohemia PD and watched a player run past me and disappear into the cement. Nothing was working right in that zone.

ANYWAY it will all be much better when DCUO TWO goes live.. I hear we get 5 augments slots and ... A PONY! :p

No its not a unicorn its a pony Sorry guys
  18. Malakai Ragnarok New Player

Free legendary membership for all due to the inconvenience would be nice. They make plenty of cash off loyal members and in game purchases yet we are never compensated for the loss of game time we are paying for. If your not using the money to fix the numerous problems in this game then at least compensate your customers.
  19. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh God dude please do not make me do the math on this issue again. At the highest rate for subscribing.. (around $15 a month) that works out to about 50 Cents per hour. So if the game is off line for 90 minutes they owe you 75 cents. They are not going to mail you 75 cents and no one in their accounting department is going to sit and figure out who gets what based on the amount they pay to sub. Read the TOS.. it says there may be times when the game will be unavailable do to maintenance. It also clearly states they will not be responsible for reimbursing anyone for that shut down time. When you clicked that little box and agreed to the TOS you gave up any right to ask for a rebate. Its nothing unusual plenty of on line games do it.... If you want the game to work right there are just going to be times when you have to deal with it being off line for updates or repairs.

I hate not being in game right now as well but if they fix the mess we are dealing with..Its worth the time off
    • Like x 3
  20. LoganCaron Active Player

I dont mind the shutdown if it helps the game to run better..but at least put an estimate time for the shutdown..i bit of respect for those who actually pay money for this game..just saying