Error in DC Client Crash - PC

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by xFuture, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Utogi Active Player

I'll give it a try :)
  2. Utogi Active Player

Game is still crashing with thte error. It created a new error :( and tried to send it . wamt to p[unch something right now , so frustrating.
  3. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

I rather thought that might happen for you. The issue is... it's a crash reporter. The work around stops it from attempting to send the same out of date report over and over but it doesn't actually fix whatever is making you crash. For most people, the original crash probably came a long time ago so clearing the data should give them a reasonable amount of additional stability but you already said you were crashing every 20 minutes which indicates that you have a bigger problem than just an unsendable crash report.
  4. Utogi Active Player

I thought about my usb headsset , maybe that is the issue ?
    Nope. Game still crashed.
  5. Utogi Active Player

SO you are saying all of my other games that don't crash, that use much more of the computers resources like ram and processing power are bugged cause they don't crash do to a hardware issue I have, even though in Administration page when checking "hardware" I have 0 errors ?

I don't understand what bigger problem I have since I can run bioshock infinite at max settings in dx11.... Lotro maxed in dx11, Age of COnan maxed in 3.0 shader , Everquest 2 MAXED, Vanguard SOH MAXED and none of those title crash.

So maybe you can help me a step by step solution to why all those other games are bugged, and DCUO is the only proper game running and crashing properly do to my hardware ?

Please continue telling me what
    I don't know, cause it is helping me a great deal to not even put another !~@#$ing cent into any SOE product.
  6. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

No. Please don't put words into my mouth. I'm saying that seeing a crash reporter pop up WHEN YOU CRASH is a perfectly normal thing. For most people they don't have the level of instability that you do so clearing the error report will prevent the crash reporter from trying to send the thing every time they start the game AS WELL and they probably won't see it again for a while and they may get some increased stability from not trying to launcher the reporter at the same time as the game.

Now you've made six threads you've made on this issue, and I have already made my position perfectly clear to you.
    I offered to continue searching, based on the information you provided, to attempt to find a solution for you.
    I offered to leave you alone if you preferred.
    Since I have no idea what's causing your crashing I can't tell you why it affects this game and not your others, however the ability to run one thing does not ever guarantee that you won't have problems with another non-identical piece of software.

I'm not a TSR here and I'm not a Sony employee, and you know what that means? It means if you act like a jerk to me I can walk away. Have fun.
  7. Utogi Active Player

I will just add you to block. You keep repeating the same thing over and over and calling my computer unstable. Have a good one .

I've stated so many times that if my machine had an error or instability issues it would show up in the control panel under adminstration tool.

Every peice of software on my machine from the Adobe suite , to many games all run flawelessly. THE ONLY GAME THAT FAILS TO RUN CAUSE OF IT'S CLIENT IS THE DCUO GAME. ( I capped it just incase the person on blocked missed that part).
  8. Mr Sinister Well-Known Player

I'm crashing every time I PvP, so I have to do this CONSTANTLY. A fix for anyone else crashing as often as me is to just right click that folder and make the crash report folder "Read Only." It won't save crash reports anymore, but its better for me than not being able to launch the game at all.
  9. Utogi Active Player

Think Ill just play LotrO, I wish I didn’t buy the DLCs now. SOE is the worst with support. EQ:N , dead game.
  10. dreadnod New Player

yea same thing is happening to me to but when it douse work and I choose my character as soon as its done loading I move a little bit and then the game freezes can't play the game its terrible someone help
  11. Donsketch New Player

Wait,so this error has been going on since December?Wha...anyway in my case I can't join the game at all.After that error message it only loads a black screen and stays there.Sometimes I see the S.O.E logo and sometimes I don't.Other than that,nothing.(Also I don't wanna go around messing with the data files)I already reinstalled the game (and redownloaded) I shouldn't have to fix the bugs myself...
  12. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

Your launcher works fine?
    The game starts?
    You've validated your files with the launcher? Added exceptions for the game in your security software? Run it as admin?
    Checked your graphics drivers are up to date?
    Do you have your locale set to Japanese by any chance?
  13. MarcosNinjaX New Player

Your launcher works fine?
    YES
    The game starts?
    YES
    You've validated your files with the launcher? Added exceptions for the game in your security software? Run it as admin?
    Ok, yes.
    Checked your graphics drivers are up to date?
    All updates graphigs...

even with all the error still continues and brings a hyper lag .... had a fps of 31, he is now 1-31, 2-29, 31-1 .... My video card is 1 gb , 6 gb ram, i5 processor, the speed of my internet is 11 mb ... and yet the error continues!

THE PROBLEM IN THIS GAME!
  14. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

Ugh. Muddled up threads with multiple bugs.

MarcosNinjaX, given that those are questions designed to help with a hang when the game starts, why would you think they would be relevant to someone who can get the game running but is suffering performance issues?

The recap server is now back online so the crash reports should be being sent, so that is also no longer a problem.

For massive performance issues, you need to look at your computer and see what could be eating your resources. For example, is the game using ever increasing amounts of memory (or anything else you are running) or maxing out your CPU, or do you have constant disk access going on, etc etc
  15. Alpha XXX New Player

I'm almost inclined to suggest the real problem is the crash reporter itself, it seems to cause the crash it then tries to report!

Yes you can clear the data but it isn't long before it returns, whereas just exiting the reporter seems to permit a normal loading of the game?
  16. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

The recap server is now back online, so if you crash it should send the report through to Sony (which is obviously potentially beneficial). Whilst the crash reporter running each time the game started did add some minor instability, for most people it actually had little to no effect and was simply being assumed to be the cause of other problems because it was so visible. It is normal to see the crash reporter if your game crashes after all. That's not the same as saying that the crash reporter caused the crash.
  17. Grid Ion Committed Player

I am highly offended by your signature..
  18. DarkSuperion New Player

Thanks for this suggestion. This worked for me or at the very least slowed downed the the game freezes. I use the Launch Pad exe. I pinned it to my task bar for so I won't have to open it up from the folder.
  19. Manyhatcat New Player

Count me in. Game crashes on load screen after initial logos. Trouble ticket submitted three days ago with no response. Really questioning my decision to go Legendary last month. Will keep an eye out for a response, but am going to cancel my subscription if the problem persists more than another few days and I continue to hear nothing from SOE.