Error 44

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Thisisbu11, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Thisisbu11 New Player

hey proxy thanks for the response. My real game name/forum name is Captin Raptor. Ive been away from dc for a little over a year, and back for about a month and a half. I used to be fairly active on the forums a few years ago and remember having a few good discussions with u back in the day. U probably dont remember me but this is an alt acct and i just wanted to be open about who i really am.

Ur more than welcome to believe what u wish, but i have zero to hide and i am super upset about this. I work very hard for my money and i feel like ive been legit robbed. At this point i dont care if they reactivate my acct or not. I doubt i will ever play this game again. Which stinks because i love it. But as a matter of principle i find it hard to picture myself ever giving money again to someone who in my eyes robbed me.

Since ive been back in early/mid october my wife and i have probably sunk close to a grand into this game. Buying nothing but things directly from dc/playstation/db ingame marketplace. Tc's, nth detectors etc... I just put $100 down on fri for replays, and another $50 on the cyber monday tc's.

I farmed nth, sold it on broker (always for cheapest price listed. I like to sell fast), sold tc collections, and ran 5 alts farming source marks, buying dionesium and selling them in broker. From all that i was able to buy a few big items. I bought an arctic aura thru trade for a steal of 600 mil, i got the cloak of eternities for 850 mil, a blue phoenix mat for 250 mil, and a bunch of cheaper accessories and auras. I also got the collections from the tcs on sale for the ultimate aura and dark flame. Because i bought so many tcs i was able to buy botj for quarks and hold onto the ones i got from collections for future resale.

I only made 3 out of broker transactions. I bought The cloak and the arctic aura and sold 1 neon for my wife that she got after dropping $50 on tcs 2 saturdays ago.

Im a 36 year old mechanic who has been a member of a comic discussion forum for the past 10 years with thousands of posts and i dont even know how to resize and img to make it easily visable to the forum and i still dont know how to use the quick quote function so i just copy/past peoples posts that im responding to, and im being accused of glitching/hacking. Come on

As for my problem, it wont let me send a ticket from this acct. The last step is to log in under playstation and it says its unable to log me in at this time.

How do i send a message to mepps?
    • Like x 1
  2. Thisisbu11 New Player

With that being said and as upset as i am about all this, i would like to say thank u to whatever dev that read this thread, made it visible to the public and let it reamin open. If it wasnt for that i would still be completly lost as far as this situation goes.
  3. Miahztwin Committed Player

Honestly it's sad you even have to explain yourself this much. Hope you get your account back soon fellow hero/villain
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Although i appreciate what you're saying it's not for me to decide your innocence.

You probably want to say everything you just said here directly to mepps, you can direct message him by going to your inbox or finding a post mepps has made, clicking his name and pressing start conversation. ;)
  5. Thisisbu11 New Player

thank u
  6. Thisisbu11 New Player

i appreciat the help with contacting mepps.

As far a deciding my guilt or innocence, u kind of already have. U said u find it hard to believe im telling the truth. Im not knocking u for that. U dont know me in real life and i wouldnt expect u to just take my word. But thats the other half of the problem.

Im not only being accused of being a cheater and a liar, but ive apparently already been tried, judged, and sentenced by both dc and the court of public opinion. U posted in the other threads about the bans u see how people are reacting, and the majority are of the belief that if u got banned then ur automatically guilty.

As someone who has worked his whole life taking great pride in his reputation, being not only accused of being a cheater and a liar but judged as one (by a community you're a part of, even if an onlines one) is just as maybe more upsetting to me than the money i lost.
    • Like x 1
  7. Thisisbu11 New Player

So i took proxys advice and im still making no headway. I still cant send in a ticket, when i click on mepps name it just shows me his profile with no options to select "start a convo" or anything for that matter, and i have no messages in my inbox to reply too.

I still dont know if im banned or suspended, and if so i cant find out what i did that got me punnished.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

The reason i tend to lean more towards guilt is because that's what mepps on behalf of the development team has said.

They've said that the accounts are guilty, generally speaking they would ban you when they have evidence of an infringement.

The community doesn't see that evidence and has to take it on face value as guilty, I don't think it's reasonable for the community to believe anything to the contrary.

The devs have no reason or motive to accidentally ban you, however a player has every motive to lie to attempt to regain access to their account or protect their reputation.

If you've been accidentally banned like you assert, then that's why it's best to just quietly message mepps and discuss the evidence.

Making a thread is actually probably more damaging to your reputation because you've then confirmed you've been banned whereas a quiet message would allow you to just sort it out more discreetly without the community judging you, which will be inevitable ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

You should be able to go to your inbox, start a new conversation and manually search for Mepps
  10. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Wow, I just tried to start a conversation/PM with someone, so I could give you a step-by-step guide on how to dot it... and I couldn't find the link/button to do it either. LOL! I hope someone else can figure it out for you... and me. ^_^
  11. Thisisbu11 New Player

nope. It just says "u have no conversations" with no links or options
  12. Thisisbu11 New Player

lol. I appreciate the effort
  13. Thisisbu11 New Player

So since my inability to contact any devs/support is leaving me farily impotent in this situation, i guess ill just continue my case here in the hope that a kind hearted dev comes across it, and is willing to help.

This is my transaction history since being back in oct. If i was glitching/hacking/exploiting why would i be pumping so much real life $ into the mp? Thats not including the $ my wife spent on ber dc account.

14. Dene Devoted Player

Don't new accounts have a restriction on conversation etc ?

Just putting ideas out there

This Error 44 might have nothing to do with the bans.. be patient
  15. Tsunami Strikes New Player

How do pm mepps?
  16. Thisisbu11 New Player

I think they do have restrictions. But the acct i get the error 44 msg is my original acct from years ago.

When i made this thread it said it was locked awaiting mod approval. Then hrs later it was opened to public with this at bottom of the opening post.

"Last edited by Mepps, Today at 2:50 PM"

So i assume mepps saw it and unlocked it. But beyond that i have no idea
    • Like x 1