Error 1101

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Omnivaeus, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Omnivaeus New Player

2. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Check to make sure all antivirus/firewall programs have the game set as administrator. Run it as admin if it doesn't work initially. Please let us know if it makes a difference.
  3. Omnivaeus New Player

I think it already runs as administrator. I don't really know though. (I'm sorry, I don't really know anything about this kind of stuff)
  4. Omnivaeus New Player

Honestly I don't know how to check how to run it as admin.
  5. Omnivaeus New Player

Or how to change my firewall settings.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

To run it as an admin, rightclick on the DCUO-Icon and choose "run as administrator"
  7. Omnivaeus New Player

I suppose it's already running as admin because it doesn't give me that option.
  8. Omnivaeus New Player

It didn't change anything.
  9. Omnivaeus New Player

Is there anything else I can try?
  10. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

Hm, There might be a program preventing the game from successfully launching. I'd recommend submitting a support ticket with both your Dxdiag and MSinfo so we can further assist you.
  11. ElectricOutlook New Player

[IMG]At the bottom left corner on your computer, there is an Arrow Pointing up, this is called "Hidden Icons" Turn all your applications off. To do so, Right click them and Click "Exit" now your DC Universe Laucher Pad Should work.
  12. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

The most common causes of a socket error is Bloatware. In these cases, a semi-malicious program (or group of programs) is preventing the launch pad from connecting. I have also included additional instructions to follow as subsequent steps if removing bloatware did not resolve the issue.

1. To fix this, you will need to remove said bloat ware programs in order to connect. Some common software to look for is below.
    • Browser Safeguard
    • Browser Infrastructure Helper
    • Search Protect
    • Browser Defender
    • Severeweatheralerts.exe

2. Reset your Internet options by following these instructions: First, make sure to have all browsers and the Launchpad closed. Next, go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Reset. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab. scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and *Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk* then click on Ok.

3. Windows Proxy Settings: Please refer to the Knowledgebase article for assistance with these steps: http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28400

4. LP4 Cache Settings: If some cached information is preventing the LP4 from working properly, they can clear the LP4 cache by going to the game's folder and finding the launchpad.libs folder. From there, delete the launchpad.cache folder and try accessing the game once again.

5. Anti-Virus / Firewall Software: It is not advisable to fully disable AV/FW software, but you will want to make sure the proper exceptions have been made for all security software.

6. Client Reinstallation: This is a last ditch effort – as I’m sure you know, reinstalling takes time, and not an initial recommendation. In some rare cases, however, reinstalling the client will fix the Socket Error.