Error 11001...

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by TheEpicCrash, Mar 19, 2018.

  1. TheEpicCrash Level 30

    I don't know where the best place is to post this, but I haven't played in a couple months and when I tried to update the game via the launcher today I received this message:

    Unable to download SocketError:Host Not Found (11001 - 205.185.208.88 - http://dcuo.patch.daybreakgames.com...zs/26/0b8/9e88fe8b4210c383e4ae1b14d8fc9a16408

    Now I've been researching this all morning and I've tried every conceivable thing I could find to fix it. This includes running the launcher as administrator, adding an exception to my anti-virus (AVG), disabling it altogether, scanning for malware, disabling proxy and unchecking necessary boxes, resetting internet options, validating files from both Steam and the launcher itself, port forwarding, deleting cache files,flushed dns, and uninstalling/reinstalling from both Steam and the Daybreak site. I've also submitted a ticket with my dxdiag and msinfo attach, which is hopefully enough info, so I'm now waiting for a response.

    In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas that might be able to get me back into the game. I would really like to get that celtic cape on one of my characters before the St. Patrick's day event is over!
  2. tioalbert Well-Known Player

    Try the following: 1-delete the old launcher (the one you have). 2-go back down page launcher dcuo, run it and hopefully it works as me.
  3. TheEpicCrash Level 30

    I deleted everything and re-downloaded it completely so no old files exist on my computer.
  4. tioalbert Well-Known Player

    Maybe this help you.



    Watch this fix error soket.
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

    So...You had a proxy enabled? If yes, does disabling it make it stay like that or does it keep coming back, e.g. if you reboot?
  6. TheEpicCrash Level 30

    I've watched that video and several others that all told me the same thing. It didn't work, unfortunately.

    I disabled the proxy and turned off auto-detect, restarted my computer several times and constantly checked to see if the proxy was re-enabled, but it wasn't. Literally nothing fixed it. However, surprise surprise, today it started working for no apparent reason other than just cuz. I gave up on it yesterday and have done nothing different or changed anything.

    Suffice to say it's re-installed and updated and I'm currently playing. I'm hesitant to believe it was something on my end, but I really don't know for sure. I guess any number of things could've happened when I shut down my computer last night and then turned it on this morning. Oh well, problem solved, but the mystery remains. Thanks for the suggestions.
  7. CinarVarli New Player

    Oh hell i have the same problem with my freakin gamee!
    (and dont know what to do)
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

  9. NotObsidianChill Dedicated Player

    Support is not going to be the solution always as frustrating as that may sound. I, myself had this issue and obviously researched everything about the error first and tried every step that was indicated on the forums and on youtube and when I had no success I finally reached out to support.

    In my initial post I outlined exactly every step I took before contacting support and you know the first response I got from a Senior Technical Support? A copy and paste response telling me to do everything I already said I did again. Then after I humoured him and re-did everything with no success he provided me another step and when I even recorded my screen and uploaded me doing it so he would know it was done to what he said he copy and pasted the same response to me again and told me to re-do it. There was no proxy, no malware, no cache issues and even uninstalling the game did nothing because this error prevents you from finishing the download so it stopped at 212mb out of 25gb for me. So in between the 5-7 hours between replies I had the PC Test server backed up on a old HDD and copied those game files into my install location and it worked but another person who wouldn't have had the 25gb program laying around saved wouldn't be able to correct it and with this error happening so commonly all of a sudden doesn't really same to be the "users" fault here.

    Support was absolutely zero help and I had to spend days trial and erroring my own fixes

Share This Page