Episode Spotlight: Atlantis

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

as they rightly point out, you should be thankful for getting any bonus content at all. while I understand you don't care for this particular week's offerings, & that's cool, it is churlish to throw it back in the devs' faces. maybe offer suggestions for alternatives? let them know what weeks you would be interested in. think of it, like, your nan gives you a pair of socks for Christmas. you don't want socks, you don't need socks, you've got loads of socks. do you take the socks & politely say, " cheers, nan," or do you punch her in the throat? a bit extreme, I know, but I'm sure you get the point. you should do what I do when a bonus week comes up that I don't care for. like this one. ignore it.
    • Like x 2
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I did nothing of the sort. I'm literally just *not* complaining. And that's brown nosing?

On the exact contrary, if you've ever seen any of my posts/threads.
    • Like x 1
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yes, and that is something else entirely. You are absolutely right, however, bonus weeks have nothing to do with that. I am also not "batting for the devs" at all. They only give these bonus weeks as literally a bonus. They also have stated if too many people keep complaining, they will remove the bonus weeks entirely and there won't be squat anymore.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

100% exactly. I don't like this bonus week either, heck most of the bonus weeks don't serve me any purpose whatsoever (and I use them as time to play other games). What I don't do, is care to complain about it. We get what we get.
    • Like x 2
  5. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Bonus Weeks are a big part of keeping people interested in the game. Lord knows the actual Episodes don't anymore! They're so grindy, boring and threadbare that Bonus Weeks and seasonal events are pretty much all there is to look forward to. They're like a measly little carrot on a stick, tricking us donkeys into moving forward. But that 'carrot' is so damn small now that I can barely even see it (that's pretty bleak when I put it like that)

Oh, how nice and mature of them.

"Stop complaining and be nice to us or we'll take your toys away!!"

Charming. How about we stop paying their wages??
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

unsub, then, man. do it. do it right now. that'll show 'em.

seriously, though. you sound like you could do with a break from the game. grudd knows, I can feel that. done it meself a couple of times, anyone who's been here for any length of time has. go play something else for a bit, come back with fresher goggles on when you feel better.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ok so what do you want the bonus week to be?
  8. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Everyone has the right to voice their opinions. Some will continue to play and enjoy the way the game is being developed, and some will not. We can all make suggestions to the Devs and hope our suggestions are given to us. Either way I can only speak for myself, when I say I love to play this game and hope it is around for a long time. However, if I ever did stop loving this game, I would just go find another game I would come to love to play.
    • Like x 3
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

if i had one suggestion to make the episode spotlights better (and actually have it considered by the greenies) is put all items in the vender at a discounted price not just gear, because theres more to the dlc then just the gear set and it would probably help those missing style feats and the augs(in dlcs that have augs) heck theres even a few that still have collection pieces in there.

*and as always please forgive any typos
    • Like x 4
  10. JakarrKingDCUO New Player

Orrrr we're just fine with filler content. "Oh woe is me, I'm paying for this and getting crap" no one cares, we're all paying for it. And so what if you can get thousands of SM, this means more. Who the hell cares if its regurgitated content? You'd complain if they didn't add anything else to do in the meantime. You're the typical internet crybaby
    • Like x 2
  11. Korlick Loyal Player

The problem is, some likes to think that saying "this is garbage" "this sucks" "content is dog sh*t" and stuff like that are suggestions and feedback.
    • Like x 3
  12. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Anything that's not just regurgitating a redundant 5 year old episode?

I mean, I thought that was the whole point of them introducing the 'Save The Universe' concept as a way of re-invigorating and highlighting old content and re-using told Episodes almost as limited time events.

It gave them a way to add new rewards (like styles and base items etc) to content that has been converted to Source Marks, and allow players to grind a secondary currency to obtain that new stuff (while still getting the Source Marks). But instead they just seem to be sitting on that idea as a 'last resort' for when there is a massive content drought. We've only had ONE since they came up with the idea.The first one.

That was a year ago.

We're supposed to be getting another one this year. No time frame on that, of course. Just,,,,,,,some time this year.....nice and vague. Really, we should be getting one of these every 3 months, seeing as Episodes take about 6 months to come out! Hell, I'd even take one every 6 months! That's how desperate this game is for content!

'Episode Spotlights' should really be retired in favour of 'Save The Universe' content. They would still be able to showcase old content, but also make it relevant to everyone.Maybe allow us to gain a slight CR boost from them, even if it's only a half-grindy OP item that gives us an extra 5 CR or something. It would at least give people a reason to participate in the event!
    • Like x 1
  13. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Ah, there it is. You have so little to back up your stance that you go straight for petty insults. Shame.

At the end of the day, I am a paying customer who feels like they're not getting their monies worth and I have a right to voice my opinion. These forums are unfortunately the best place for people to voice that opinion. It is not a place for sycophants to lick their masters boots.

You should mate. You should. Especially if you're paying for it. Raise your standards. Expect better. Play other games and you'llk quickly see how short-changed we're getting!
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

"These forums are unfortunately the best place for people to voice that opinion."
    I literally said that exact thing on the future elite+ feedback thread (and many others), so I am alwaus also protesting many things and changes/direction of the game. These spotlights, however, have been going on for so long already I don't even notice them. They been repeating the same ones for years, but when they add a new one (Atlantis) to the mix now somehow it's a huge issue for most? Odd.
    • Like x 1
  15. Elysiann New Player

Speak for yourself, I know a ton of my league mates who weren’t around to play Atlantis when it first released and are having a blast. Sounds like you’re very burnt out, take a break. The good thing a relationship between a company providing a service and a consumer paying for it is, you can stop supporting whenever and for however long you want! I stopped playing for about 3 DLCs in the past because I didn’t like the content and the direction the game was going and still to this day, if I don’t like an episode or spotlight week, I simply cancel my membership and play other games :)

By all means voice your displeasure, but don’t think you have a “right” to decide what the devs should or shouldn’t put out because, you have of your own accord decided to pay to rent online goods. Do I have a “right” to tell apple not add features in it’s newest OS because I own a macbook and pay for their cloud service? Or a “right” to tell Sony that because I own a Playstation and pay for PS Plus to not add Venom in the newest Spider-Man game just because I don’t like him?

Especially egregious considering all content is free now… if DLCs still cost a fortune each time they released and the base game was 50$, then I’d be on your side… but that isn’t the case.
    • Like x 3
  16. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

yes you do have the right, most companies would call it giving feedback.... but companies also have the right to ignore feedback

wait you dont like Venom?? wow ok thats a new one for me lol
    • Like x 1
  17. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

I've had a few people assume that I'm burnt out and that I should take a break. i'm actually really not burnt out. I don't actually play the game for long enough these days to be burnt out. I literally log in for 5-10 minutes a day, do my dailies, then go off and play other games.

So, I actually kind of have the opposite problem. I'm 'un' burnt out. I've got literally nothing to do! I love the game and I want to play it. It's just....they keep giving me so little reason to stick around for more than 5 minutes!! There's only so many alts you can make (and abandon) lol

In going off and playing other games like Star Trek Online or Genshin Impact, all it's done for me is just shine a bright light on how threadbare DCUO actually is. How little content we actually get, and how repetitive and same-y it always is. Even Star Trek online, a game that is a year older than DCUO, seem to handle things better and offer their players more. Sure, it's an old MMO and has comparable problems to DCUO in places, but they have better content, tell better stories, and offer more meaningful rewards.

Take the summer events in both games as an example.

In Star Trek, they have an entire tropical island called Risa to go to. That island has a bunch of activities happening every 5-10 minutes, ranging from treasure hunts to hoverboard races and dance competitions. Now, if you want, you can stay there all day and farm these events for currency to buy really useful, powerful equipment that can be used to build viable end-game load-outs, along with a bunch of other rewards like outfits, pets, faster hoverboards and jetpacks etc. If you only do one of those events a day for 20 days, you'll get the 'big' prize - a powerful, top tier ship!

May not be the most ground breaking content, sure, but now lets compare that to DCUO's summer event.

An open world bounty that takes about 30 seconds to complete, and a 4-man fight against Ocean Master or Aquaman that takes about a minute to complete.....and that's it. What do we get for new rewards? Some slightly rubbish cromas (that they probably couldn't sell in the marketplace), and a few base items - some bits of grass grass, gravel paths, patio doors etc

Sorry, this post kind of went off on a tangent, but you get my point. I have gone off and played other games. That's why I know how much greener the grass is on the other side!
  18. Great Architect Loyal Player

And then you wonder why people might want to go back - for Feats, Renown, Styles...?

And if you're going to get on your high horse about other people resorting to insults in their replies to you, perhaps you shouldn't pepper your reply with terms such as "brown nosing".

Disagreeing with you is not brown nosing, no matter how much you might want to dismiss the arguments of others so glibly.
    • Like x 3
  19. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

So what should I call it then? Brown-nosing? Boot licking? Simping?

Because brown-nosing does happen a lot in the replies to these dev posts. It has happened on this very thread. Not necessarily in discussions I've been involved with, but all you've got to do is scroll through for just a few seconds and you'll see multiple people throwing a huge amount of praise towards the devs like they've done us all a massive favour, whereas the devs have actually just thrown a few crumbs at us and said "yeah, that'll do...".

Why should we praise them for that? Why are you so desperate to defend them for that?

And no, disagreeing with me is not brown-nosing and I've never said it is. Disagreeing with me is......disagreeing with me. Whereas brown nosing to the devs is.....brown-nosing to the devs. The two things are completely different and separate things. Why are you trying to make out that they're the same thing? They're not.
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

a) you're not paying for content. Content is free for everyone. Your membership fee is purely voluntary and all it earns you are the currencies for Dr. Fate and some style pieces.

You know this and you're just making up claims that you are owed something more than the game offers. If you don't want to pay for your extras, don't. Just don't. Nobody will care. Try it and see.

b) you actually have zero "right" to post on a private forum; if DCUO wants to ban you from these forums on whim, it can, and you have no "rights" in the matter whatsoever. This is another claim you are simply making up out of literally nothing.

Do you have a "right" to complain about the game? Sure: you have the right to complain anywhere in your life but these forums. Complain to your mom, your friends on Discord, your friends on any independent chat system, text or voice or semaphore or via smoke signals.

Here, all you have is a privilege that can be withdrawn from you any time the devs feel like it. They won't do it unless you violate the TOS, but that's not because you have any "rights" in the matter.

And, as usual for anyone with weak or non-existent claims, you add in that you speak for "most" people. That's just another claim you have, at best, no evidence whatsoever for. Bluster doesn't change that. Neither does insulting people not sharing your complaints.

So you don't like this week's Bonuses. Well, boo hoo hoo. You've made that clear. All you have left is to repeat yourself and up your shrillness. Best of luck with your temper tantrum and canceling your membership. So effective!
    • Like x 1