Episode Specific Base Item on Vendors

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Brad Sisto, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

All of the latest content has crates that let you obtain base items from that episode yet all content before Age of Justice we have no such options. The crates could be broken up by Episode or have a joint one for a specific subject mater. Personally because all of this content other than AF3 uses Marks of Victory as its gear currency I think the gear should be bundled based by subject matter instead of an Episode basis. This could be a place to bring back the Survival Mode base items also by placing them in 'related' content.

It would be great to get crates for the following
    Kryptonian items - FoS, Science Spire, Brainiac Bottled Ship, Kandor Central Tower
    - Sunstone items, Kryptonian items, etc
    Amazon Items - Amazon Fury 1-3
    - All Greek items, God Statues, etc
    Lantern Items - Fight for the Light, War of Light 1-2, Corrupted Zamaron, Oa Underseige, Blackest Day
    - All Lantern related items
    Fourth World - Hall of Power 1-2, Darkseid War Factory
    - All fourth world related items both New Genisis and Apokalips
    Trigon - Sons of Trigon to Wasteland Wonderland
    - All Trigon/Wasteland related items
    Heists - Flash Museum Burglary, Harley's Heist, Iceberg Lounge, Wayne Manor Gala
    - Everything related to the different heists
    Time Paradox - First Piece, Rip in Time, Bombshell Paradox
    - All Time Travel and Paradox related items

I also really want any Base Items obtained from Collections/Briefings/Investigations put on the vendors for the given content. This would put items like the Time Bubble, Mobius Chair, Red Lantern Banner and many others to be more obtainable for people to use in their Bases and Halls.
    • Like x 2
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I recall somewhere there's a post advising instances to have rare tradables like Man-bat and Death vest to encourage old content reruns.
    Oh I love all these old episode reward revamp ideas! Maybe add new ones too?
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As little as some of this old content is run...and hard to get into, most times it's run only for styles or base items. This idea would further negatively impact queue times for old content where needed for feats or progression. Unless this change is in the same update as walk-ins for all instances or adjustable queue size (so people who want to still queue these runs can run them) I don't see this as a benefit to the game, but only for a small handful of people.

Putting the survival mode items in regular content is really a smack in the jaw. Many people with these items/styles would be very upset if you could just buy the same items they worked so hard for and currently that carry a level of prestige by having them. BTW, I have very little Survival mode items/styles....so I'm not looking at it from a defensive "Hey...that affects me" position.

Reinheld
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Don't like replying to myself, but what is up with the auto correct? I had originally typed "a sla_p in the f_ace" (minus the underscores) and it auto updated it to "a kind gesture".

Since when is that a thing and is there a list somewhere of these phrases (I'd say common AND unoffensive phrases) which will be auto corrected out there somewhere?

Reinheld

UPDATE: Apparently 'c_ensored' is also prohibited speech....it was changed to 'maturified' when I originally put this in.
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Totally agree with the OP. It is okay to have cool base items in content so that you run it. Splitting up those base boxes is great though. I don't need all Olympian items, I only need specific ones.

Having to run content over and over again just to see them never drop in content or boxes is not encouraging me to run the content more. It drives me away from it.
    And this comes from a player who runs Flash Museum, AD, Rttn, PzE, DCe and several solos on a daily basis.
  6. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

If we had these base items boxes it would give people more uses for SoM (Everything before AF3) and Ancient Coins (AF3). By having a use for these currencies it would mean some people will run more content both at the CR range where they get a lot more SoM and below it. Yes there are those who would just run their CR range only and use that to get the stuff but they would still be running that content and thus playing the game.

When it comes to the SM base items well... those were on the broker left and right while the SMs existed and you can still find a rare piece here and there that someone puts up. I ran one of the SMs and I bought SM base items off the broker when they were affordable. I understand the argument of 'this lessens our prestige' etc etc.. But these were already on the broker to begin with and there were some great items that are just now nearly totally lost from people's ability to obtain them. We could put the SM items in different more expensive boxes to make people push to earn them. If some of the items were viewed as above and beyond rare maybe a 'variant' could be created instead keep the 'prestige' of the original intact.

The Collection/Invistigation/Briefing rewards being on the vendors if you already completed them would give us a way to focus our efforts on getting things we want/really like. The Collection/Briefing/Investigation Vendor Reward purchases could even be altered to being Account Bound so that only the original reward could be sold on the broker.

I am just looking for ways to try and bring a nice 'modern' feature from the newer episodes/DLC back into the older content giving us a second avenue chance of obtaining things we really like.