Test Discussion Episode 45: Dakota City Open World

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by BeanCan, Apr 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Trust me im all for 1-2 min wait times too
  2. RTX Well-Known Player

BUG: After defeating fearsome five and using the teleporter at Meta-Therapy Clinic a number of players spawned in the floor at the Mission Hub.

BUG: Bounty Boss "Mammoth" randomly stops attacking and just stands still, happens in a ~1:10 ratio.

104: Requesting status.
  3. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Briefings: History of Dakota's Finest

This briefing is currently sorted under Briefings/Episode Briefings.

Please note that the name "Episode Briefings" existed long before "DLCs" in this game had been relabeled "Episodes". Those are completely unrelated.

New episode briefings should - like always - go under Briefings/Gobal Briefings.

Regards,
    AP
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    If you stand on top of the Burger Fool, you can engage Psimon and Mammoth without endangering yourself much:

Also, there are points not shown in the video where Mammoth will just stand around for long periods of time and not do anything.
    • Like x 1
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Across from the Meta-Therapy Clinic Teleporter there is a building ledge with a collection node where you sink into the building across the ledge

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. RTX Well-Known Player

The top part of that building also has no collision.

Edit: Well, ground to building i had checked already...however when its live people will find them much quicker.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    It depends on where you stand. There are still spots where you can stand fairly safely:
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I've been going around Dakota City for the collection nodes and I would like to think ive done every mission but I have never come across the Chemoids or Chemlings anywhere on the map. None of the missions seem to align with Ace Chemicals theme. There was a grouping of security bots around a gas canister, were those security bots supposed to be the chem npcs? or where are they supposed to be on the map

[IMG]
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    One thing I don't like about the Dakota City bounties is that there doesn't seem to be any story associated with them. You just fly to the purple box and they are just walking around a little bit. Why is Jinx at the High School Football Field? It would be more interesting if there were some Bang Babies there were cowering in fear and ran off when you started the fight. Why are Psimon and Mammoth at the Burger Fool? Maybe they just want a hamburger. Being a villain probably requires a lot of calories. Would it be possible to make it look like they are trying to break into the Burger Fool? That would be more interesting than them just standing there. The final fight is probably the worst. Everyone is just standing neatly in place with no apparent motivation.

In previous open world bounty-focused episodes like Patchwork Themyscira, each room had a unique motif or story. You just don't get that with the Fearsome Five in Dakota City.
    • Like x 1
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

I have the feeling that these two feats are tied to a later to be added bigger bounty, like Hydra or the big dude from 31st Century.
    • Like x 1
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This is how you get Chemoids/Chemlings:
    • Like x 3
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    My general experience from the weekend is that the Fearsome Five Bounties are not well-tuned for small group encounters. In a solo fight, I measured Jinx as having around 100 million health and the big group fight at 175 million. If you only have two or three people at entry CR, there is a good chance you won't finish the bounties in time and only get the "defeat reward." It is only when you start getting 6 or more people that you start having a decent chance at defeating the bounties within the time limit. If you have a bunch of people around, the fights go very quickly and you end up with a lot of downtime.

The current incarnations of the bounties aren't particularly fun since they feel like giant damage sponges. If you have a healer in the group, there wasn't much danger to the group aside from the odd OHKO.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Here is an example of Mammoth freezing up and being able to lure bosses outside their usual spawn area:

Mammoth initially froze up while trying to do a "Cannonball" attack.
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    If you lure Gizmo and Dr. Light to the NE part of the purple box, you don't have to worry about Gizmo's Turrets and other devices. Just take out the Protector Drone when it shows up and you're good:
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They spawn if you let the timer run out on the barrels from one of the daily missions apparently.

Ep45 - SttS - Dakota.p003 - YouTube

12:00-15:00
  16. Stranger Well-Known Player

17. Eve YouTuber

Anyone that's been on test lately, how long is the timer now between bosses?
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

While trying out the bounties yesterday, the schedule seemed to be weird. Dr. Light and Gizmo spawned at 13 minutes after the top of the hour. Jinx spawned earlier than expected. Previously everything was happening at strict 5 minute intervals. I don't know if that is new behavior or possibly a buggy phase.
    • Like x 1
  19. Eve YouTuber

Thank you. Looks like it was fixed with the update last night, so I hope It's better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.