Test Discussion Episode 45: Abandoned Subway Duo

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Apr 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to the feedback thread for the Episode 45 Duo, Abandoned Subway: Take the fight to Ebon and his shadowy gang in their abandoned subway lair.

Post your feedback and thoughts on the duo in this thread.
    Thanks for testing and let us know what you think!
    - Quixotic

Known Issues:
    • Feats are not in
    • Like x 1
  2. TabulaRasa Level 30

awesome another duo will this have an elite mode?
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

This is actually a rather fun straightforward duo. Unlike the alert and raid, this is fine being one. I actually liken it to Flashpoint's duo. I look forward to running this on live.

Will it have an elite version? I went back to look at what was announced in the development update and nothing says there will be one for each version. Having a solo/duo available to gain renown is really nice.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Agreed. Having a solo/duo option for renown is very nice. Hope they continue adding elite versions.
    • Like x 3
  5. Eve YouTuber

I love the duo and hoping for elite mode. All fights seems to be pretty fun with their mechanices.
    • Like x 2
  6. ROOTE Well-Known Player

Here's the only question I have about the duo at this point: why the purple energy walls on every fight? It can't be an aesthetic choice because it's obviously more fun to fight against the backdrop of the actual environment, if not interact with it. So many accusations of "laziness" on the dev team's part in YT comments regarding this...but if there's an actual, literal reason why this had to be done, I'd be interested and more inclined to be accepting of it. Just not explaining whatever limits or reasoning went into this is tantamount to saying "Don't question me" lol!

So please, if there was a technical reason why the fight had to be constructed this way, let it fly!

ps - Feel the same about the Terrorium raid box. It's very basic. But if there's a reason why this had to be, I really do want to know about it!
  7. Gravedigger Active Player

Is there any reason Talon & D-Struct were changed into DaBoom & Turtledove?.. are you not allowed to use their names?
    • Like x 2
  8. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Would like to see an Elite+ duo :) will wait for Elite to provide actual feedback, the duo is the piece of content that is fully ready for release, at least the normal version.
    • Like x 2
  9. Stranger Well-Known Player

First boss hits kinda hard in normal mode. But i like it the way it is.
  10. ShadowedJustice New Player

I didn't know where to put this but it relates to the Duo. For Shock to the System Pt. 2 it says "in the On Duty menu, use the Custom Play Solos tab to queue for Shock to the System: Abandoned Subway and complete it." I think it is supposed to say "use the Custom Play Duos tab".
  11. Eve YouTuber

Elite duo feedback;

Set up was me healing and my friend was dpsing.

- TurtleDove 1 shots you with charge attack even if you roll away, It feels like the radios of her attack is pretty big so no matter where you go you get one shotted.
    - Daboom is alright. Nothing changed from normal
    - Ebon feels like the Neron fight in the SOBA solo. The pools are a great addition. Maybe they should be a little more dangerous tho. I stood in one and nothing really happened to me. lol
    - Is it possible to bring back renown per boss like last dlc?
    • Like x 3
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Fight with the first boss: very, very poorly marked attacks of the boss, the attack with feathers is very inconvenient to track (if you use for example a power with bright animation like an electrician or a quantum, this creates additional problems) it is not clear why there is no red indication of the radius of action, which is usual in such situations attacks... and sometimes the boss mimics ascension like a feather attack but does a charge, and these two attacks require completely different approaches (one must be blocked and the other dodged ...)
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

Pretty cool duo.

For the 2nd boss when he's spitting the green stuff (attack with the red aoe cone) i noticed I was still getting damaged standing directly behind him.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I just tested the elite duo.

1st boss is pretty painful when she does the lunge to farthest away. Even if you roll out, you still take 3/4th of your health. Aside from that, her fly up and bomb phase, is it intended for her to be invulnerable?

2nd boss, the tell on the shield or there was a rendering issue. By the time you realize he was shielded, you've killed yourself. Ask me how I know? lol Aside from that, not bad.

3rd boss has a lot of mechanics going on and very difficult to stay alive if you aren't a healer or tank. I wiped a few times before I just hit T, which allowed us to just burn him down. Which, I find kinda of sad, tbh. All the mechanics, but you need to speed kill him. Will not be that fun on live in pugs. Will probably be fine in league. EDIT I went controller stance to get debuff on Gauss Grenade to allow for a faster burn.

I echo Zoe, please add back renown per boss. Having to go through 3 bosses to get only one 50 point one is kinda demoralizing. Especially when we had it per boss in the SOBA content. It feels like it's going backwards. It was really nice.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

Was it the wind storm she puts around us that damage upon break out?
  16. Eve YouTuber

Nope, when she charges you get one shotted no matter if you block or roll away.
    • Like x 2
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

That's good to know. That radius should shrink or if the hit detection was intended they should make her throw something at us so it feels fair.

I wasn't sure b/c I just turned into a turtle when I saw her skull lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

The second part of the introductory missions ''Shock to the System Pt. 2'' says in its objectives:

''In the On Duty menu, use the Custom Play Solos tab to queue for Shock to the System: Abandoned Subway and complete it'''

This should of course be Duos since this instance is a duo, not a solo challenge like in the last episode.

Regards,
    AP

P.S.: Sorry for it being a bit off-topic in this thread, but there is no test forum topic for the intro missions, so this seems to be the nearest match.
  19. Quixotic Developer

In this case the idea is that Ebon is using his shadow powers to create those walls.
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  20. Quixotic Developer

Thanks - I fixed this.
    - Quixotic
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.