Test Discussion Episode 43: Ally - Death Metal Batman

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Ranmaru, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    The debuffs from from a Level 200 BOP Commlink won't trigger Black Lantern Energy Steal. You still have to throw a single-power debuff in order for Energy Steal to proc.

If you want to encourage people to use BOP Commlink, it really should be compatible with Energy Steal.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ranmaru Developer

I just pushed a fix for this, thanks for letting me know.
    • Like x 2
  3. JDIRS Well-Known Player

I wish the second passive was to grant the controller's 20% precision buff automatically to the player. As the game stands now, precision DPS running without a troller are kind of screwed, where as might DPS can just use Cyborg or other passives to make up the difference.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This was my experience from the start. It’s why I suggested that the debuff range be doubled. The actual attack was supposed to be increased last patch but I haven’t seen any difference to the attack yet. Hoping both get updated soon
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What? Maybe explain that one a little more clearly. You want the 2nd passive to be a constant 20% prec buff? The 2nd half of what you said makes it sound like you’re talking about power? I’m just a little lost here and maybe you’re making a confusing comment about a viable idea
  6. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Controller powers all have one ability that grants power to other players with the least amount of power and 20% precision to players with the most power. It would be great if precision DPS had access to some sort of ability like that, even if it was somewhat weaker than and got overridden by the actual controller's ability, because not all groups run with a controller.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As someone who is a prec dps I dont think this is a good idea at all.
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Would you be able to confirm if the patch for his range went through?
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Debuff radius is vastly improved but there was a data error for the cone attack. That'll go out this weekend.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That explains why the cone doesn’t appear to hit any wider. I spend some time trying to squeeze a 4th target in lol
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The second passive was added tonight:
    "Cloak of Erasure added. Every x seconds, upon rolling, detaunt player and give six stacks of a might and precision buff and a % damage mitigation shield, each time the player is hit or does damage remove a stack."

When the stat boost activates, my stats went from 48055 Precision/103467 Might to 49874 Precision/111426 Might. In testing, the Precision boost was barely noticeable. The stat boosts do disappear very quickly after doing an attack. Basically it would be gone after one Fear Gas or a Dual Wield Flurry Shot combo.

While testing the damage mitigation component , I noted the shield was absorbing 40% of all incoming damage for 30 seconds when testing it in open world mob groups if I just stood there. I don't know if there is a maximum damage cap. The damage mitigation shield would usually disappear right around the same time as the stat boost if I tried attacking.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    This is for Cloak of Erasure:

1. If the intent is for the damage mitigation shield to disappear after 6 hits, that isn't working right. You can absorb dozens of hits before you need to refresh the shield if you are doing nothing.

On the other hand, it looks like it only takes one damage tick at 10 seconds for the shield to disappear.

I've seen this damage mitigation shield last up to 30 seconds.

2. What is supposed to be the cooldown time on reactivating this passive?

I can cast Taser Pull four times in a row, roll, and trigger the proc again. I had Amulet equipped so I could see the effects of the damage mitigation shield.

If I only use weapon attacks, I have to wait 30 seconds before I can trigger the proc again.
  13. JDIRS Well-Known Player

The detaunt is thematically interesting but means tanks would likely never want to risk using the passive and would have to go through the trouble of switching the ally out whenever changing to tank stance. It may be better if the detaunt on activation is removed or even just replaced with some sort of stun/CC effect on nearby enemies.
  14. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Good point. Hopefully the armory ally stuff is happening. Hadn’t thought of that before haha
    • Like x 1
  15. Sunwukong139 New Player

It doesn't have to be for tanks, this looks great for healers when new adds spawn in before the tank has a chance to grab them
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I believe they mean that since allies aren’t locked to armories that a dps would have this passive in place and then need to switch to tank mid fight or whatever and this passive would still be equipped which would be a terrible passive choice for a tank. So I think they’re asking for a way for that not to happen while in tank role. Tanks roll often so they’re looking for a different trigger. Once allies lock to armories, it should be much less of a concern although there will be players that don’t realize how bad it would be to have a detaunt on a tank setup and just don’t think about it.
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    For Energy Steal, should the power pool only supply power to the caster? I've been trying it out in different group sizes and none of my teammates ever receive any additional power ticks.
    • Like x 1
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    All of the transformations power and trinkets I've tested so far cause the cooldown to reset to 0. As an example, you can cast a debuff, get the energy steal pool, enter/exit Stealth, use another debuff, and you'll get another energy steal pool.
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 4
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report

1. For Cloak of Erasure, it is easy to keep your Damage Mitigation Shield going full time. Here is a demonstration:

2. For Black Lantern Energy Steal, using something like Stealth causes the cooldown to expire and you can generate multiple procs within a few seconds:

That's one example of laying down 3 power pools within 5 seconds.