Test Discussion Episode 38: Fractured God Sphere (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Jul 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACLife Active Player

Wonder Woman's voice going into hell during the circle staircase skips multiple times in this raid. It also repeats itself on the staircase going to up into Olympus.
  2. ACLife Active Player

we also need a rally point in the raid so when people are added to the raid they don't to start at the beginning.
    • Like x 2
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Hope its the right thread for this and Is there a way you guys could add seals (completion , presevation)for artifact upgrades for people finishing the newest Elite Raid? Just a % chance ?
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

• Like x 1
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Looking into it.
    • Like x 1
  6. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

So i have run elite raid like 3 times,and none of those runs the group passed 1st boss.I do like the mechanics,there is alot to pay attention to like: DPS Check = if fail,get omega orbitals which u gotta roll out of so u don't get 1 shot GOOD / Omega symbol which currently 1 shots however it does require augment to be max so later on you don't get 1 shot GOOD / Watch out for bracers reflect GOOD / Mind control,need to be careful at dps person down so they get out of it GOOD (however i suggest to make that -> to dps person to 50%. Alot of times i got killed by dps in mind control) / Grail teleports sometimes behind people GOOD / Red pools that pull people in it if too close and Spinning hammers + Adds that spawn. I feel there are too much red pools and spinning hammers to give people enough space to move,especially the tank that has adds also. There is already too much going on at the same time. Lack of space to move has lead people to stay together instead spreading out,which leads to higher risk of group wiping.
    • Like x 2
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

We've been looking at the MC breakout inconsistencies. There was a code bug introduced not long ago that changes how 'damage to break' functions and we finally figured it out and got a code fix in (the code fix may not make it to Test until later this week/weekend). What you would see is a much smaller margin depending on various things - power used by the MC target, DPS from the people wailing on the target, etc. Chaos. What you will see is a consistent 40 percent health left break out as intended (tho we had it set to 20 percent before). I also added a "break out blink" effect to the MC'd person as soon as they break out so you can visually see immediately when it happens. I may add another visual cue if I can find one that fits and already exists (we're past client lock for new stuff). The margin to break out is greater in Normal and greater yet in Event. We are still evaluating if the consumables will work in Elite. Making them not trivialize the mechanic is difficult.

We are changing how the axes work. We still want a soft enrage where if you don't DPS Grail fast enough, there will be a bunch of crap that will kill you - so that IS intended. The new ax set up will be - spawn outer static ring, then spawn a certain # of axes that will follow a target around, slowly, and each time a that phase repeats, another follower ax spawns and gets a bit faster. So over time you'll have up to 4 axes that are sprinting around following each time that phase occurs. We're deciding if they stay out or reset every phase. (the outer ring will not reset). The soft enrage may occur if she repeats that round X amount of times and the inner static axes spawn finally. So what you report is what we want but we want it later in the fight if you don't end the fight soon enough.
    • Like x 5
  8. DamageControlPS Active Player

Just a suggestion, don’t think the difficulty should be adjusted easier just yet with the last dlc regular gear everyone is considerably stronger in love with OP items and day 1 will be jumping up CR, give us the new regular gear, so we can test it out properly and should go off that, no one completing first boss for me seems like the way it should be if you have normal gear of the previous DLC. Hence why gearing up should matter. Just my opinion as now anything on test who is testing gave way below the stats and skill points, add the gear and give us a challenge with the new gear so we know which mechanics can’t just be over geared. Also the hammers shouldn’t change so much keep as much of the difficulty the way it is it’s taking away the headless chicken part of the game which is cool. Tanks have no challenge tank the boss, farming immunities and controlling the fight in limited space seems a fair return.
    • Like x 4
  9. zNot Loyal Player

So i feel like grail could hit abit harder with her regular weapon attacks (Elite version).So its bit more challenging as Tank. And i strongly advice to keep difficulty very high dont nerf the raid it should stay challenging for months untill next dlc dropps and elite must be very Challenging.
    For now the difficulty seems good dangers for Tanks must be there like PCE had (adds,high damage dealing boss with her weapon attacks, mechanics) dpses that need to do the dps check its all good and most people in test doing this elite raid are just around 305 cr which is super low
    and since this is the only raid we have for this DLC it should be hard to complete.
    If we look at previous raids the harder they were the more people enjoyed them ( darkseids war factory ,nexus , paradox )
    • Like x 2
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

First - there are no nerfs happening. The Athena Ambrosia will no longer work in Elite so Mind Control has to be dealt with the hard way.

The change to the weapons would be something like this - outer ring first (and fill it up more with more weapons so less safe spots), then 1 or 2 weapons that chase players for X amount of time, then 3, then 4 - each time they move faster and faster. So there are no safe spots as they chase a player down and hit anything in their way. They will stop once they hit the marked player and spin in place until the round is over. The static weapons continue to stay out. We will introduce the center ring of static weapons in chunks. So say by round 3 - half of the ones in the middle spawn, round 5 or 6, all of them spawn like you see now - but you also have 4 fast weapons chasing down 4 players.

We are bumping up her DPS and her health due to consideration of real server stats/skills AND the new toys you get in this episode (weapon procs, elite jewelry, crit potions, etc.).
    • Like x 5
  11. zNot Loyal Player

This is Awesome! Sounds very well planned and coordinated. I appreciate the work you guys do and for taking the feedback serious.
    I really like the way we can communicate with you also thanks for the fast and good replys Charon.
  12. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Ok So Forgive me if i am overstepping here but WHY make a Consumable that is used to deal with Mind Control if we CAN'T Use it in Elite..This Boggles my Mind.
    • Like x 1
  13. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

And if you have target lock on you go to hit the cage but end up lunging Zeus and you cant toggle to the cage as it has nothing to lock onto. So yeah pls make them targetable
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

The cages are skill test driven now instead of damage required to break out.
    • Like x 1
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

I tuned the numbers due to testing on PC Test showed that already, players with Test gear, and yes, maxed out artifacts were able to get Grail down to a health amount that I deemed too easy to blow past on a Live environment. This was AFTER the adjustments to DWFS. Let's keep in mind testers have much less skill points on the Test server than they do on Live as well so the scale of difficulty is already out of whack when testing here. If it's beatable or almost beatable on PC Test then that's not good enough for Elite on Live. I've increased their stats once again and will be on Test seeing how that feels this weekend and listening to reports from those trying those values out.

And, if for some reason, that DWFS change is what is determined to make Elite never beatable on Live, we can make further adjustments to the content. I find that very unlikely but what I DO find likely and will try to make happen is that you need gear and ranked augments to be able to beat this content and if that takes a couple weeks, all the better.

No further discussion on perceived terminology for adjustments is needed in this thread. Let's get some testing and feedback. We're all eyes and ears here for this piece of content.
    • Like x 5
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Thank You ! You have the Perfect mindset to make amazing content also false idols elite which you did was amazing fun and difficult.i wish you would do all the raids dificulty adjustements from now on for future DLCS.
    One thing i wanna say is that its better if people need weeks to defeat elite so that people actually gear up and play the DLC and so on rather then people finishing the elite raid in the first days it comes and spamming it multiple times per day in speedruns and quit once they got full renown after few days due to lack of difficulty.. to me that would be a dissapointing and boring Elite raid. The newest Elite Raid should always last for months and shouldnt be easy i Hope we can have this high difficulty Elite Raid for all future DLCS. Thanks for listening.
    • Like x 3
  17. generalzod Committed Player

Agree 100% why do we need the new gear and mods if we can walk in there at 304-308 and beat it day one ? It should always be go get some of the gear and mods then go in and beat elite. thanks

• Like x 1
  18. Ully Committed Player

That's what I like to hear. :)
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Because those of us that stick to normal will still use it, I guess.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.