Dev Discussion Episode 37: BoP Metropolis

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xritox New Player

I run a league with around 40 50 active players good people good league all interested in running the elites it's possible now I will help my league....but next week your gonna buff it for people that are done an not going to help...ill run but up an coming players....are going to get put in the back because you force it
  2. darth_paul Dedicated Player

The clue finding mission is totally random as to where the clues are on any given play through with any given character!
  3. TLantern Developer

Thanks for the video, it was very helpful! I found the problem and am working on a fix now.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aren Sul Committed Player

Clever Concept, But Poor Execution

So, now that it's live, I understand the livestream comment about trying something new with the dailies to make them more flexible. However, I think the way it was laid out is going to lead to people complaining about being bored faster. Here's what I mean:
    • You get to choose how you want to complete a daily by scoring completion points. Great idea. I can, for instance, chose to set banana traps, deploy curing mists, and stop burglaries of armored cars. Or, I can deploy giant balls of yarn, stop people from beating up on pods and stop rioting crowds from taking air-dropped equipment. My choices.
    • But, all of the options within each daily is closely mixed in the same area. So as I move along, a dog treeing a cat is followed by a lion cornering a pedestrian, followed by a wandering gorilla. It's unlikely I'm going to skip opportunities, so you completely lose the feel of choosing what to do. Had the different options been geographically isolated, you'd have the feeling of choice." Today, I'm going to the southwest area of the zone to round up lions."
    Perhaps this isn't possible with the zone size, but I'd hate to see an innovative concept get squashed before it's time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.