Test Discussion Episode 34: "JLD: Shattered Gotham" 8-Player Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for playing the Episode 34: JLD: Shattered Gotham Raid. Feel free to post any feedback or issues you come across.
    Listed below are some known issues to keep in mind when running the Raid:
    • Feats are no yet complete
    • Cutscenes are still being fine tuned
    -Millbarge

The following changes have been made and checked in. These will be pushed to PCTest soon™
    • Fixed an issue where event mode was not available to all.
    • Added Repair Terminals before each boss fight.
    • Normal mode is now using Event mode platforms.
    • There are now Rally Points on each platform once it is cleared.
    • Tala's Incapacitating Curse damage has been reduced.Decreased Tala's Soul Leech heal percentage in Normal Mode.
    • Fixed an issue where Constantine and Shazam would sometimes not join you in your fight against the Lords of Chaos.
    • Like x 1
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

when i asked for difficult content....i didn't want difficult jumping.... also, i have to turn on v-sync in order to do jumping at ease. so sad, because i'm running an Nvidia RTX 2080 hooked into the Asus ROG Swift PG279Q. .....that jumping around though... tons of players fell off... including me.. i'm the tank.. dying because i missed the jump..often. if possible, rethink the way we are forced to travel. thanks.
    • Like x 3
  3. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

so when on the elite version of the raid we wiped! the madness meter was still ticking everyone for damage is this intended??

here is a video showing the ticks! and ticks were nearly 10k when the meter was at 70 in elite!

at 7:47 when we wiped first!

then at 27:16 we get 10k damage! when the meter is at 72/100 in elite
  4. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for the video - it's always helpful seeing the content being played.

As for the Madness damage - you can always speak to Shazam to decrease your Madness(damage).
    In addition to the damage you receive from Madness, you also receive Might and Precision buffs - so your group will need to decide what level of Madness is best for you.

The issue of Shazam not entering the fight should be resolved soon™ as well

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  5. Luke© Well-Known Player

I really love the map design. But this can be really annoying, especially with random groups in event version, that the checkpoints spawn AFTER the fight. 1 Boss Wipe and ppl have to wait 20min again until every1 gathered at the boss 2nd time.
    Another problem is, if you use the portal "go to entrance" you MUST walk all the way up to last boss AGAIN...
    Really ruins this great map.
  6. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

I just watched 40 mins of epic jump fails! Please stop with the movement mode restrictions! Sheesh....people will be rage quitting because of this or possibly getting kicked cause they can not complete the jumps!
    • Like x 5
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

i have absolutely had it with this raid. if a player falls off, it takes at least a minute if successful to get back to the group that's waiting. this was not a cool, well-thought out idea to throw on players. please rethink how we are being forced to be extremely skilled jumpers.
    • Like x 3
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I was in the same group and it was taking forever for the group to successfully get in one place to get to boss fights. This whole jumping from rock to rock thing is a major hinderance to gameplay. One person drops or if another gets invited in they have to travel from the beginning which severely wastes our time as players, not to mention if they die/die again on their way over. I thanked the group and logged, done with testing for today. Hopefully our time and playstyle is considered by the devs. Whoever had this idea, it might have sounded well on paper but its not in reality.
    • Like x 7
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

All the following feedback is regarding Elite:

The problem Mill is that Shazam will sometimes not spawn in the boss fight. When my group wiped and respawned the Madness Counter does not reset. It remains at what it was when you died. I literally respawned and my Madness counter was at like 52 out of 100 and I was taking 10k per tick and he was no where near to be able activated to regress the counter.

We also have the issue of if you die and get knocked out of the fight you can't respawn until the rest of the group wipes because if you do you will continuously take damage while the rest of the group is fighting and they have a healer while the person KO'd does not and they are on the outside looking in.

Tala appears to have a one shot mechanic that is called incapacitating curse that does not have a skull attack symbol. She turns and just fires it with no warning.

The blue beams of death thing that comes from the Tyrant reskin does not appear to be doing any damage or very little from what we can tell.

Lastly, when you wipe on the first boss you should respawn outside the first fight and not be required to jump the rocks again. It should be this way for each boss fight.
    • Like x 5
  10. Ully Committed Player

My league mate Brother Allen summed up everything. My feedback is on the Elite version. There needs to be rally point somewhere near the first boss fight. It's incredibly annoying having to walk from the starting point to the first boss fight after every wipe. Also, Tala's skull attacks are way too short.

Please consider extending the timer on her skulls, because at the moment, it does not allow players to react fast enough when they are in animation. Also, there is a major issue with adds losing agro and targeting players at will. This was extremely frustrating. Finally, please add a skull or warning to Tala's cursed attack. This one shot has no skull and its an instantaneous one shot. Moreover, this boss fight could really use in-game messaging that explains the necessary actions to defeat Tala. Tala's self healing is puzzling and it isn't clear on how players can negate or reduce it.

Overall, I'm disappointed that the raid made it on test in this condition. I mean, we couldn't do anything because of all the issue described above.
    • Like x 3
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Suggestion
    Add a couple more repair vendors and rally points before/after the boss fights. Having to teleport back to the Entrance to repair and then run all the way back is a pain.
    • Like x 6
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Suggestion
    There needs to be a warp into the Mordru fight. If you're lagging behind just a little bit, you'll get locked out for the duration:
    • Like x 1
  13. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

If the dudes cant press one key to jump how do u expect them to do an entire role or block in a reflect mechanic?
    • Like x 5
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Did not see any issue in these stones
  15. Carilee Active Player

regular raid feedback - I was able to tank this at cr 258 as fire with 250 sp, artifacts only at 120 (the new tank one + manacles + eye), and no white mods only dying once. we 6 manned the first boss and 7 manned the last 2 bosses. it was extremely easy. also it seems if you jump on rocks at the same time as another person, 1 of you WILL die. that seems silly. there didn't seems to be any bugs for our runs. the skull symbol on the first boss seemed to indicate an aggro wipe. I couldn't determine what the skull was for on the 2nd boss and the the skull on the third boss showed up for his roll. so the indicators seemed to be working. madness meter didn't seem to make too much of a difference as 1 person in our group just clicked it every time it was up. I am not sure he understood that there is a benefit if it goes up some.
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The problem with jumps is not that they are complex, the problem is that they do not bring any interest, but they are boring and tiresome in themselves, and in addition they provoke the toxic behavior of immature personalities ...
    • Like x 3
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

I like the jumps. Just be glad the jumping isn't during a fight. That would be fun though.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

I hear ya! To be honest...people apparently couldn’t/wouldn’t block on skulls prior to this...lmao! I just think that having to go all the way back to the beginning is kinda crazy until u beat the second boss and i hope the damage thing is a bug; cause without a shield you cant make it back to the group without dying.
    • Like x 1
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

Well, people complain about almost everything and you cannot satisfy all players.

Personally, i do not have any problem with the jumps.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is there any chance at all of removing the grounding from just the regular version? I suspect most of the people who like this mechanic will mainly be doing elite anyway. Might be a compromise. Just a thought. Genuinely mega worried that I might crash and lose my place in a group if I ever miss a jump is all. Distance increases the odds of a crash for me so a lot of checkpoints and repair bots could mitigate the risk too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.