Test Discussion Episode 33: The Throne (Raid)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eve YouTuber

About the feat “here we grow again” it says In the throne EVENT or elite...shouldn’t it say normal or elite? I don’t recall event ever having feats attached or that it doesn’t say normal
  2. JackFrost Developer

Yes, this operation is set up for cross-faction play.
    • Like x 1
  3. JackFrost Developer

I'm going to add the chevron/tell icon and a different sound is being added. Hopefully with these combined, this attack will be a little easier to identify. These changes should make the live release, but I'm not sure when they'll make the Test server. Thanks for all of the feedback and suggestions, everyone!
  4. JackFrost Developer

It currently should say "During the Atlantis: The Throne, Atlantis: The Throne (Event), or Atlantis: The Throne (Elite) Raid, defeat Corum Rath without allowing Morgwar to absorb any pools of water."

The current intent is for this feat to be achieve-able by players in any of the 3 versions of this Raid. I'm going to edit it so it's a little more clear though.

Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  5. JackFrost Developer

Yes, there is a contingent of enemies in the final boss fight who will target Mera, Ocean Master, Aqualad, and King Shark. Cheers!
  6. JackFrost Developer

I've added it. Thanks for the reminder! It will be in a future build.
    • Like x 1
  7. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! We've got a fix that should go out with an upcoming hotfix. Good catch!
  8. JackFrost Developer

Thanks to you (and Penryn) for the feedback about the Flames of Sagittarius. The original intent was to make these unkillable, controllable/tankable enemies that needed to be accounted for during the fight. They buff the boss' damage, fling fireballs, and fire off an AOE that damages nearby players. But based on feedback, it seems like them being unkillable was confusing and maybe unsatisfying. In a forthcoming build, I've adjusted them so they're able to be defeated, but they'll continue to respawn until the associated artifact is disabled.

Thanks again!
  9. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! Do you recall if it re-appeared after they fired the ballista? It looks like they were still "in" it (rotating around) every time I could catch a glimpse of the player in the video you took. So I think it's a visual bug of it not rendering for you. I wonder if they saw it.

Also, to answer another question, once a player fires the ballista, they are removed from it.

Cheers!
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

After rewatching the fight, the ballista reappeared the moment after the player exited it.

I think I remember seeing the disappearing ballista bug going all the way back to Amazon Fury.

For the firing and exiting, I've just seen two people so far that weren't quite sure how to use the Ballista. That caused a long delay in them firing the arrow. I don't know if anything can be done to improve messaging in that area.
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Hit Supersonic at the wrong time before the first boss fight and you'll end up outside the boss room while the rest of the group is inside:

Here is an example of me ending up outside the first boss room by accident. I removed the cutscene.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Whenever I run this raid, I keep seeing the ballista disappear whenever someone else uses it:

I know it is just a graphics bug, but I'll report it.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The Sea Beast fight looks very awkward when the boss model suddenly switches from a head-on to a side perspective. Here is an example at 8 seconds:

When Sea Beast is using the side perspective, weapon attacks look very odd:

You see the target reticule on the face, but you end up firing at the neck.
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    A bit of a delay needs to be added to the Sea Beast Slam Skull attack:

That attack happens very quickly. If you're in animation, you may not be able to block in time.

My experience in that fight was there wasn't enough time to pop a group shield and get back into block when the skull chevron appeared. My choices were to either immediately block or pop a group shield while taking the hit.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Here is a video of the Normal version of the Corum Rath fight:

Even with everyone being maxed geared, this is just an incredibly tedious fight. I think having the second tank would helped a little bit by allowing the Flames to be separated from Corum Rath.

It feels like there should be some mechanism for disabling the artifacts much earlier in the fight. As is, you only get the disabling mechanics at the very end. Once you get Corum Rath below half health, the fight just becomes a long grind with the artifact Defense buffs.

When Corum Rath becomes invincible at 8:42, the first crystal doesn't show until 9:30. After that, it takes almost 2 minutes to finish the crystal objective.
    • Like x 1
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I tried the Elite version of the raid a few times last night. I can't say it went particularly well. Sea Beast's Body Slam just kept making short work of the team. The main problem just seemed to be that the attack was happening too quickly. If you were caught in a lengthy animation or trying to rally someone, you were dead.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kestral Committed Player

This raid was epic. I loved every bit of it. The only possible bug I saw was when transported to the 'prison' my screen blacked out but not the loadout bar and I was able to hear my character moving around or otherwise doing things for a bit. The screen fully blacked out about 30 sec later and then I was able to properly see where we were. Wasn't sure if I was getting kicked or there was a problem with teleporting to this area.

As far as getting rid of the shield I had a little difficulty at the start knowing which to turn off next. If there was a visual indicator then the adds were blocking it. Can this be added to the mini map? I'll brush up on my Zodiac symbols either way but still this would be helpful to the group.

Also even on test players in my group seemed to not understand the concept that the shield had to be taken down to finish the match. Maybe a repeated message across the screen to turn off the shield every once in awhile to make the more oblivious members realise they have to do more then attack the boss to beat this? Que'd raids without at least 3 people who know what's going on might be a tad ugly otherwise.
  18. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the additional testing and feedback! I'm parsing through it and seeing what improvements I can make. Cheers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.