Test Discussion Episode 33: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Location Teleportation Mods are still in the loot rewards. These should really be removed and just sold on a Vendor and/or they need to have a Cash Value of $2000 when selling to Vendors which really help out the Premium Players. But these don't belong as rewards any longer.

Regarding Gen Mods Im fine with them being drops but with the above mentioned it does make it harder to come by. Putting them on the Vendor would be fine too. Account Bound they wont do unless they put a CR requirement on the Mods (which isnt a bad idea) due to an Undercurrent Gen Mod going to a fresh lvl 30 and skewing their stats making them too strong.
    • Like x 4
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They should have been on the vendor from the get go. As much as players complain about RNG, I don't understand why they continue to use it for every little thing.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Just wanted to say awesome news on the way you guys handled the generator mods. Having them remain drop is cool, and being able to select is a perfect solution. No more useless generator mods. Very nicely handled.
    • Like x 2
  4. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Came to post this! Thanks, devs!
    • Like x 2
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Gen Mod box is great.
    • Like x 2
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

It's a nice improvement, but if rng stays the same, most won't get full 12 mods like we could before it was changed. Ik we don't need all 12, but that's not the point.
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You mean most people don't get 12 drops over the 10-12 weeks? (Honest question, since my toons are no longer at end game due to no sub).
  8. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Base Items

I haven't seen the entire loot table yet but here are some thoughts on ones that would be nice to have.

- The different Atlantean King Statues These would make excellent base/league hall items. The King Statues especially I would love both a base and league version of.
    - How about an Atlantis Porthole like we have for Moon/Oa/Ocean/Reef?
    - The different types of Coral and other Plants around Atlantis.
    - The floating bubble streams would be great for people trying to make an underwater feel for a base.
    - The new workaround Air Bubbles for armory use is something that I think would make a cool little base item also.

Weapons

Megzilla mentioned not having been able to put in new weapons into the game and instead making back items. That being said there are weapons that are in the game specifically this DLC that would be idea to grant us the ability to get

- Orm/Ocean Master's Staff
    - Aquaman's new Trident or whatever you want to call it with that many prongs.
    - Aqualad's Water Manipulators
    - Silent School Leader we see him with what looks like Weather Wizards weather wand.

As it stands the weapon styles I have been able to check on the drop and vendor list all appear to be the same as always don't even take advantage of what already exists in the game.
    - A Staff from the Aqualad tier of gear is the Grappler Staff instead of some version of a Trident. Could we please get this changed?

Gear

Aqualad Style - I really love the work done on the Chest, Legs and Back.
    - But the Back piece really shouldn't have a fin on it. Neither the YJ nor the TT versions of Khaldur had a fin on the back if anything it had a Symbol slot on it that displayed his emblem (I would love if this let us display OUR emblem).
    - The Belt Buckle feels to large to me. I wish it was a bit smaller.

Masks - Could we get a Rebreather or Ventilator style put as a mask. People will want to make RP suits and will want to have something to justify breathing underwater. This would make it a lot easier for people to do that. Currently the Aqualad Set Mask is V Domino and the normal Gear Drop Mask is Full Domino.
    • Like x 1
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

No, I got like 4 on my toon that run all content everyday up to 2 weeks ago. The rng is worse than OP collections. No exaggeration.

Edit. They are in vendor now and drop off of every weekly according to obsidian chill youtube episode video
    • Like x 1
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well, they are on the test server vendor for 0$ and 0 marks. I don't believe that will stay. Also I haven't exactly read anywhere that they are going to stay there (even if mark costs are added)...
    • Like x 2
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Wow. OK, that's worse than I imagined, lol. Hopefully that will change, otherwise it's a problem. You should get 1 a week at least, IMO.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is the daily reward console only supposed to reward 1 Rath Crown? I was hoping we were going to receive an Exobyte too.
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

In regards to base item-rewards, have anyone seen if there's any environmental items such as Corals or perhaps any of those King statues with the trident? IMO it would be a BIG hit and miss if those environmental Coral-base items weren't a part of this DLC's rewards, considering that we got none of it from Deluge nor the Summer seasonal...
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

I was disappointed by this as well. I would have thought they could have re-packaged weapons that are already in game by atlantean NPCs. Most DLCs don't lend themselves to a unified weapon set so I had hoped they would have taken advantage of this opportunity like they did for WoTL2 and AF1.
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

AFAIK the only place to get Remora is by grinding the Aquaman levelling instance over and over again, which I'd rather not do with alts. So personally I'm not unhappy to see them here. Better that than voodoo, mayan or any number of the other styles that we've seen over and over.

Don't get me wrong I'd rather a third new style for the green/blue drops but two would seem to be the max per episode and just because NPCs use a style doesn't mean that they can just easily be swapped to a character style. They still have to make changes for gender, body type and even make sure that one piece can stand on it's own or work with other styles.
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Remora can also be found in Shady Nightclub.
    • Like x 1
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

I just remember angelic, spec ops and engineer from that one but it's been a while since I've run it.
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

It's in shady nightclub, I can confirm, I normally get it when I'm trying to get engineer or spec op pieces to drop on my alts
    • Like x 2
  19. Kuno Loyal Player

Can we get the new Aquaman Trident added as a staff weapon in the gear vendor?
  20. Kestral Committed Player

Can we get some of the coral planters added as base items? The ones lining the spindrift raid and new solo hallways?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.