Test Discussion Episode 33: Atlantis (Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Meowtapes, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I haven't seen anything about this yet but is there a check-in terminal mission that grants you Rath Crowns/Marks of Victory/Exobyte?
  2. Meowtapes Developer

I did add one in there and it should be in an upcoming hotfix!
    • Like x 1
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

For the record I miss the KO x amount of adds missions.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Okay good to know!

I lowkey miss it too! But I hated doing them in worlds where enemies are so spread out (Riddled with Crime/Deluge) I thought maybe they'd bring it back and it would be pearlfect for Atlantis since we have so many enemies and because it is a huge beautiful world that mission would populate the world and encourage people to wander around.
  5. Meowtapes Developer

I did try to add a variation of the KO x amount of enemies with collecting the relics. You can either get them by KOing Drift Collectors or by destroying the hidden treasure chests. :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Oh yeah I totally forgot about this! Also a nice touch in the story department btw as in the comics, Corum Rath ordered the Drift to gather heirlooms and artifacts from Atlantean homes.
    • Like x 1
  7. Meowtapes Developer

Hey ya’ll,

I’ve increased the difficulty of the Swarm weekly and the Giant Brinehulk (although I’m still working on his abilities) and I’d love to hear how it goes now.
    I also took most of the swimming enemies out, except over bridges, to hopefully make swimming combat less awkward. As long as you don’t pull them far away from the bridge they’re near, they won’t drop far :)
    • Like x 1
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

A concern I have with these is at what point does one get credit for participating.
    For example Giant Starro and Giant Robot; you play, you get paid.
    While Gizmo for example you can play a lot; but because you weren't grouped you don't get paid.
    Don't penalize players because they were not invited into a group.
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

[IMG]

The dome size is nice. There's a bit of Lag when passing through it where you're swimming, then your regular movement mode then back to swimming. its of course not the reason its there but a good size and its right outside the Mission Staging Area.
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The weekly is still infinitely easy compared to what a weekly bounty should be. With just 4 players we killed it in less than 1min and when this hits live there will be 50+ players in this area doing this bounty. Also the guardian boss seems to ignore aggro, or he has alot of detaunts or everytime he jumps he detaunts but he was attacking randomly players while I am keeping aggro on him. He also throws alot of BB's so this makes it easier to keep knocking him down as well in terms of difficulty.

11. Trexlight Devoted Player

I reset the Brine Hulk Mission and it still has the Marker Icon that it needs to be reset
  12. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Quests/Missions
    Acolytes quest from Mera - Sorry I didn't catch it's name. The Acolyte npc population density is to dense. Between attacks jumping onto other targets when one dies and AOE damage skills you pull a LOT of agro very quickly. Spawn rate makes this even worse as they respawn quickly.

Shutdown Propaganda - I like that this quest is here but I am a little surprised that it is just shutting the screens down and not putting up our own as a replacement. Something like using Aquaman's symbol or The King Still Lives.
    - Issue is the alleyways where the Propaganda signs are have a pretty high mob density. It is very easy to pull 4+ at once. Not only that but while you are fighting these mobs others will come in and steal the sign you are trying to clear.

Relic Recovery - I like having quests like these in that are weekly resets. I am happy that it is only 100 relics that you need to complete it instead of 300+ like other DLC/Episodes. I really like that you can get relics out of chests scattered around the map in addition to getting them off the Drift members.
    - Falling into the we are in the Air/Flying instead of Water/Swimming issue is the Relics that drop off the Drift will fall all the way until they hit a building or the ground once you kill a Drift. You then have to chase it down possibly running into not only more mobs but you are working on a TIMER as the relic has a short time it can be gathered once it appears. It looks like the timer has been made a little slower than it was on the last builds but could it be made about 1.5 times what it is now please?

Desired Quest - It would be very nice to also have a Help Mera/Loyalist Delphine/King Shark 4x a week weekly quest. This was something I liked in Goons of Gotham and Titans Island. I ask for it to be a Help 4x a week instead of 5 to give players a little less 'I must log in and do a quest' every single day of the week.

Aqualad is to to tall. His character model is LARGE which is even bigger than Red Robin and Superboy. He calls himself Kaldur yet in the Livestream you said he was based off the New 52 which is Jackson. I don't recall him ever going by Kaldur'am in the New 52, this was a Young Justice Cartoon thing who were the ones that originated the character.
    On this same point of Aqualad's height I would highly advise for All the Iconics to be pulled together and get their Height Checked. Some of them are Way to tall and others are to short.

Some behavior that I have noticed with different NPCs when in Atlantis.
    - Any NPC that starts off on the ground is not able to swim. So you can chase off aggro just by swimming up. The npcs will start doing REALLY SUPER jumps to try and reach you though. This behavior makes total sense for any beings that should not have the ability to swim but for Atlanteans it is a little puzzling.
    - Sidekicks will FLY instead of Swim in Atlantis. This causes some very odd behavior on them trying to follow you as you move about.i
    - Backup is ground based but will sometimes fly a little and will not Swim in Atlantis.
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

For the Giant Brinehulk while he is really tanky in terms of his overall health there really wasn't much damage being dealt to players. I was tanking and standing beside him and was taking no damage, sure some moment I had a shield up but would still see the numbers and for being a weekly a bounty should be doing a good deal of damage considering when this goes live there are going to be 50+ people in the phase attacking it.

14. GreenArrowFreak New Player

(Some Text is not translated in the german version (still appears in english) (for example on these information things next to these bubbles on the floor from the open world))
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I have to say that Open World and Thought Bubbles were made for each other!
    Luv it!
  16. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Quest question for you. Many people would love to have an easy way to just 'explore' Atlantis. Some testing are expressing that their opinion on when it comes to exploring is they keep drawing aggro from mobs. So it gave me a bit of an idea. Would it be possible to give us an Explore Mission that also grants access to a 'drift' form change chest. This mission wouldn't need to have rewards and could be open to run anytime someone wants to explore.
    • Like x 2
  17. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

I was just swimming around Atlantis looking at the details in the city and noticed something odd... There are statues that you would expect to be an Atlantean King or Poseidon but are actually Zeus... Is this meant to be or was it something that was a place holder that never got changed?

Zeus holding a Trident
    Zeus riding a Sea Horse while Holding a Trident
  18. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I had the mission where you put on a Drift Soldier uniform, and just swam away afterwards. The game acts like you are allies with most of the Drift Soldiers (no agro, green dots on the mini map) for most of the adds in the area. I did run into one type of add that was still Red on the mini map, and I did get some splash damage from him. These adds attacking civilians.
    [IMG]

I did run into at least one more issue with staying in the form change. For the Chicken of the Sea mission, you can't interact with the Brine Hulks, and the marker to interact with them is missing.

There may be other issues that I didn't run into. Would it be possible to remove the form change when you swim far enough away from the Drift Base/Teleport away from the area? There shouldn't be big issues with this like there was in the Titains episode, since this form change doesn't have any attacks, but it may still be a good idea to auto remove the form.
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I'm guessing that you are playing with the height of collections, since everyone is swimming (and you don't have to worry about speedsters or acrobats being able to reach them). Otherwise, there are several collections like the one below that are floating out all over the map.
    [IMG]

There is a briefing, investigation, or collection somewhere in this building. The node sound is loudest near the windows behind my character's feet.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I found one collection node that is half buried in the ground.
    [IMG]
    I forgot to take a screen shot of the map for this one, but I believe it was just outside the area with Mera and Ocean Master, to the east up the wall part way.
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Can you reduce the agro range of the swarm attack, I was swimming a bridge above them to go farther into Atlantis, with no intention to attack them, and they started kicking me with stuns and some aoe move when I was trying to get away. Very annoying, maybe make them not attack us till player his them with a weapon or power?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.