Test Discussion Episode 31: 'Stemming the Tide' Solo Story Mission

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I was looking at the graphics on the Central City Police Department computers. One thing I noticed is that every computer has a window open displaying information about Gotham City. You can read a short biography about the Riddler and Catwoman. It is hard to capture this in a screenshot:
    [IMG]

Why is apparently everyone in the CCPD so interested in Gotham City?
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

I see you're in normal mode for this. Have you tried Event mode? Looking into it and the other reports now.

3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The Event version is the same way on Hero side. Mera and Flash don't appear in the cutscene.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    This is just a minor thing, but Controlled Flash prevented Mirror Master from leaving in the Event version at the intended time:

Jump to 22 seconds.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    In the Event version of the instance, the "Brine" NPCs despawn when you plug a pool. In the Normal version, plugging a pool does not despawn the Brine monsters. Is that intended? I'm wondering if that is just a mechanics difference between the two versions.
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Suggestion
    Would it be possible to add an "Interaction Cog" above Flash's head at the start?
    [IMG]

The current cog and animation seems to be proximity based.

Also, would it be possible to open all of the room doors immediately after talking to Flash? Right now you have to wait for him to finish his speech before you can move into the hallways or side rooms.
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Intended.
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not at this time. Maybe later for the cog. He gets the talk to icon as soon as you step closer. That should suffice.

And the doors are left closed on purpose for reasons. You can go ahead and free prisoners, defeat basepop, etc. while he's talking.

9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Fixed.

10. Charon Lead Content Designer

The build last night didn't catch my fix for attacking Ocean Master/Mera before cutscene but it's fixed. No pets will be summoned in the intro cutscene.

You definitely do damage Flash in the cube but it may be with powers only and not weapon attacks. If he's in his regen mode you won't see health bar move. Also, when he is in a cube, you have time to do other things in the cells (destroy the small starro for feat, etc.) so there's value regardless.

11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This is what I'm seeing:

I have combat log open.

Taser Pull doesn't register any damage. Controlled Flash's health bar doesn't go down at all.

Fear Gas is able to register damage on the encased Flash.

To me, there just seems to be inconsistency in the way powers work on encasements.

The only way Captain Cold's encasement works for me is if I completely stop attacking at that part. If I crowd control, counter, or setup a PI on Captain Cold, the encasement doesn't register.

It isn't a deal-breaker for the purposes of the instance, but Captain Cold is about as useful as Weather Wizard in that fight.
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

One thing I got in before lock (we're in hotfix territory at this point onward) is Flash will focus his attention on Cold. I'm hoping that stuff like blocking and making Flash fall down will be minimized then to help increase the chances of the block happening. Believe me, I'm trying several things and there may be more I can do in a hot fix if needed/possible.

Most of my ice powers were working on him in the block so yeah, I can't control the inconsistency. If we can get the block to work more reliably then the main use is taking Flash out of the fight for a bit so you can accomplish the feat (in Normal). I want this to work and am trying to bypass hard coded systems that are making it tricky. I'll be continuing to hammer at it.

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.