Dev Discussion Episode 30: The Visitor (Duo)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

This is the feedback thread for the Earth 3: The Visitor 2-player operation. There are two versions of this duo:
    • One found in the Events tab in the On Duty menu for any character level 10 or higher.
    • Another in the 2 Player tab of the On Duty menu for end-game characters.
    Please reply with your feedback and be sure let us know which version you played.

Thank you and have fun!
    Quixotic
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm not really a fan of duos but I actually kind of had fun in this one. I like what you did with the first boss and the rocks. Question on second boss, does the steam coming from the ceiling cause the heal debuff? I avoided it incase but wanted to make sure.
  3. RLManuel Committed Player

The first boss did a reset a couple times while I was hiding behind the rocks, it happened a little after my partner got knocked out.
    And after the fight with Alexander, Superman and Lex’s shields didn’t go away.
  4. Quixotic Developer

The ceiling freeze trap in the second boss doesn't have a heal debuff. I'd have to dig into his other abilities to see where that might be coming from.

I'l look into the first boss resetting when you hide behind the rocks.
    The containment fields on Superman and Lex should go away when the cutscene starts. We can look into that.

- Quixotic
  5. JackFrost Developer

We've got a fix forthcoming in a hotfix to address reset issues in the first and final boss fights. Still investigating the shields issue. Thanks for the report!
    • Like x 1
  6. Ully Committed Player

My leaguemate and I have been attempting the Drone or Not to Drone feat in the duo and we have a couple of concerns. First, the wording in the feat description. It says Drones but in the actual fight, their named as "decoys" not drones. Also, during Luthor's phasing period, when the drones disappear, Luthor takes addition splash damage from orbitals, or attack that was cast before. Also, it feels like Luthor's health is too low for this feat. We tried multiple setups, Tank and Dps, Healer and Dps, Dps and Dps, and we could not complete a single part of the feat. It just feels like something is off.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In case the wording isn't clear, the "To Drone, or Not to Drone" feat can only be completed on the last boss in Gotham. "Fire Safety Test...It Works" is the feat associated with Alexander Luthor.
  8. Ully Committed Player

Ohh okay, thanks Penryn, I'll try it again.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

On first boss I tried taking cover behind a rock, but his laser instantly destroyed the rock and hit me anyway :-S Did I miss something?
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

3 different times today i was behind the rock blocking and was killed through the rock by the skull attack. This boss fight had issues the entire time it was on test and it was reported multiple times. Kinda wondering how it still ends up on live broken.

Also wondering how the feat for not killing drones on the last boss is even possible. Those drones come out pretty quickly and die quickly. And thats even with 1 dps 1 tank or 1 dps 1 heal both at 210cr. If anyone has any advice for this it would be appreciated.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Guess that new guy spamming heat vision might be on to something! :p

Jokes aside I guess a lot of single target damage combined with alot of kiting is the best way to go about it. It's not really fair to some powers that don't have many single target attacks though.
    • Like x 2
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I did it on my first attempt with one healer and one dps. The healer stays in the middle of the bubble. The dps hugs the wall and tries to maintain clear LoS on the boss. Single-target powers and weapon attacks will quickly kill the boss.
    • Like x 1
  13. Quixotic Developer

For the first boss's laser cannon attack: With the way the mechanic is currently built, it's not enough to just have the rock between you and the boss...you also need to be near the rock to receive it's protection. Try that and see if it makes a difference.

And on our end, we'll discuss this mechanic and see if we can find a way to make it more intuitive.

- Quixotic
  14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Whe
    When he targeted me, i ran and he missed. Rock was still destoyed. Got feat earlier...
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

I did it the same way the first time i got it. Second time i helped a friend and we 2 dps him with single target powers and range weapons. And moving around a lot.
    Have to be very carefull and only hit when you have a clear shot with no adds in the way. This is way i was moving the whole time.
    • Like x 1
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i did it today with 1 healer (me) and 1 dps (a league mate). Wasnt too tough. Dps was doing heat vision and some other single target attacks.
  17. RLManuel Committed Player

So yesterday I ran the duo again to get the first and second boss feats and had no problems at all, then we get the the last boss and after the cutscene ended the boss disappeared. We stayed were Lex Alex and Sups were for a couple minutes then decided to fly around to see if we could see the boss or if he would reset, after a minute or two we both got kicked out of the instance and placed in e3’s open world.
  18. Quixotic Developer

I made some changes to the first boss's laser cannon (Neutron Explosion) attack. You will be able to avoid the laser cannon just by having a rock between you and the boss. It won't matter how close to, or far from, the rock you are. In other words, it'll work the way you guys expected it would.

A side effect of this change is that it's a bit more difficult to avoid his laser cannon by moving out of range. It will still be possible, but not as easily as before.

I'm hoping we can get this into a hotfix early next week.

- Quixotic
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

that doesnt make sense since if u would be near the rock when it gets destroyed the flying remains would still hurt the person behind but by less damage, it would rather make more sense if u dont get damage if the rock is between the boss and the player while the player has some distance to the rock... meaning if u are interested in environment mechanics.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Im sorry if this comes across as rude but the skip cut scene mechanic is not done well at all. This player base rarely pays attention to anything. So they dont notice the message on the screen. There is no other indication the cut scene can be skipped. And ive even put it in the chat for people multiple times before we fight luthor and after and people still click on the speech bubble over his head :confused:

I have 6 toons im running through this dlc which obviously means 6 duos a day. And since its gone live ive had 2 people know it could even be skipped and how its done. Its been 5 days since the episode went live. So thats 30 duo runs for me. 2 out of 30 knew the cut scene could be skipped. Idk if u guys, the dev team, are limited in how u can allow us to skip cut scenes but this is not working well. Please either find a different way to do this or dont allow cut scenes to be skipped and make em shorter. There has been so much feedback from players about disliking these long cut scenes. Cant really understand why more or even longer ones would be done.

And tori posted about this in testing feedback about this duo before it went live. Some others did too. And it stayed the same. So im guessing thats because a change couldnt happen. If thats the case ok no problem but again please stop these long cut scenes. I know some players say they enjoy them but i havent seen a single person say they enjoy them after the 50th or 100th time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.