Dev Discussion Episode 28: Saving Justice (4-player Alert) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by TLantern, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the official feedback thread for the Alert Saving Justice!

Please feel free to leave any feedback you have for the Alert. That includes bugs, difficulty, and other thoughts you may have on the Alert.

Now get in there and save the JSA from the clutches of evil!
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I just wanted to say I loved the breifings! Is the soldier guy in some of the entries Sturmdrang or The Ultimate Soldier?
    • Like x 1
  3. Gambo323 Level 30

When are we going to see stats revamp progress? I really wished you guys waited till stats revamp was ready before dropping another "episode". Under performing powers and lame boring AM rotation to grind through another episode was not what we core players wanted.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

So this happened today. The 2 wonder woman blocked this guy in, the boss with the shield, and he could not get it out. We sat for about 5 mins trying to get em out and finally had to disband. He was stuck against the wall here the wonder women body blocked em in. We even had him doing ranged attacks at us in the corner where we are and he tried jumping towards us but could not get out. This is not the 1st time this kinda thing has happened with iconics in content. I dont wanna be overly critical but how many times before something gets changed? Stop tying any progression at all to iconics when it comes to an instance please.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This is a problem in other content with friendly npc's as well. Even in dwf when trying to get some bosses into position the friendly npc will draw the bosses attention and make it a pain to get the bosses where you want sometimes. I'm not a fan of friendly npc's whatsoever cause they almost always cause weird issues. if they are put in content they should be made so the boss could pass through them and they draw no attention at all.
    • Like x 2
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

After playing this alert for two weeks, here is my view.

Overall, the alert is WAY to easy. Day 1 with 3 dps and a heal. If we are going to move towards needing two controllers after revamp, content on live needs to have enough difficulty to actually needs roles. I know this is not a popular thing, but we need to start needing roles before the revamp gets here. Mepps comments months back about people being bad at dps AMs. Man, people are bad at healing, trolling, and tanking which has nothing to do with AMs.

NPCs health, why are each group of npc minor with 1 major? Munitions, gadgets, and mental can pretty much one shot each group. This is sooooo, boring.

Boss health way to low. My main is sorcery. We are two weeks in and each boss dies before my grand summoning super charge is even finished. That's a 20 second boss fight. Really?

Overall, I like the alerts. The difficulty is set way low. I'm a casual player and don't want alerts to take forever, but cmon. I can do all outside dailies and both alerts in 30 min. My league mate timed our run the other night. The cut scenes take longer than the alert itself. It's probably to late now, but looking towards September. Let's REALLY learn from the mistakes that keep happening with each DLC. Please no more excuses that these issues will be resolved with the revamp. I have paid my sub and kept it up since 2011. This is not a AM thing. This is plain and simple to easy.

The first area where you have to bring the NPCs to the electric to remove shields. There is literally no mechanic here. Hit two buttons and the low AI NPCs will just walk over and let there shield be removed. Cmon. This is a great place to need a tank or troll and utilize their pulls.

I am hanging in there and crossing my fingers September will be better. Destiny 2 is starting to look very appealing since the majority of friends and league mates I have run with are all but gone. Giving us more content is not all we are looking for in September. The content needs to have difficulty.
  7. Sivulla Dedicated Player

I spotted that Silence of the Lambs reference at second boss.

What are the lore implications of this?
    Did Ultra-Humanite prepare his victims before making skinsuits out of them?
    • Like x 1
  8. Xibo Loyal Player

Bug report:

I apologize if was already mentioned but after the first boss fight Fury and Crystal (probably all pets in general) don't accompany you and stay immobile. You must forcibly deactivate the pet and active him again to continue to get the pet damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.