Test Discussion Episode 25: "Iceberg Lounge" solo feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLantern Developer

Hello!

Please use this thread for feedback and bug reports from "Iceberg Lounge." Thank you for helping us test the new content.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The "Chillin' Like a Villain" feat has misspelled villain as villian (i before the a).
    • Like x 3
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Initial knee jerk reaction, with no time to process:

- I love the map. I've always wanted to enter the Iceberg Lounge since Arkham City and it's existence in DCUO behind a Brainiac Bottle. I love many of the props, too. Especially the fish tank in the wall, with live Penguins and the central Iceberg with free wandering penguins. I hope these are base items in the game.

- The instance is really easy if you're CR168. Didn't seem to be any obvious or necessary mechanics that couldn't just be blitzed through. Closest thing was the Penguin with the mechanical Penguins which were better avoided than ignored (good decision, hopefully this makes the cuts).

- Nice to see Pengbot Maximus back. Unfortunately this version is soft. The original Pengbot used to beat my ***, take a huge bird **** all over me and deny me victory. This guy did nothing except take a beating. He had 3 phases to him, but none of them seemed to do anything, other than make him float away for a few seconds. It'd be nice if he could do a bit more or present a little more of a challenge.

- The final cut scene feels uncomfortable. When you grab the gemerald, Ivy wraps you in her vines, then the screen snaps to black and Ivy is over by the other two in front of the giant fish tank. It'd be better if the transition was smoother. Perhaps ivy pointing at the gem and it disappears before she wanders away to the door, then the fade to black happens and we see the final conversation.
    • Like x 7
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

Fun romp in the lounge. Figured out that I needed to interact with the dancers to further the mission, but others may not think to try without some sort of cue to do so. Went in at 167 and finished it fairly easy.
    • Like x 2
  5. Bluebird93 New Player

really fun and enjoyable to do ....its nice to have some light content instead of always being dwf .....joining the girls on their spree was a good time
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Loved it. Its a solo so it doesnt hold a ton of value for me but this solo is really cool. I liked everything about it. That penguin skeleton statue is awesome. Hope we get that as a base item at some point. But the whole thing was fun and looks great. The brief reward gives some rave boots and they are a healed boot. Sorry forgot to do a screenshot. As far as solos go this 1 is right up there for me. Its just a good fun piece of content.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Here is the rave boots which is the brief reward from the solo. Guessing they look a lot better on a female toon
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Ran this as a cr166 fire dps with no equipment mods and no white mods. Decided to try for all feats in one go and had absolutely no issue getting them. As much as I hate to say it, this solo might be a little too easy.

Pengbot in particular was a letdown. My initial reaction upon seeing him was "Oh boy, this might be painful". I expected a nod to the Pengbot of old, the one that caused so many shouts of despair in Gotham. Sadly he's little more than a punching bag. As Torikumu has already mentioned, the phases seem to add nothing to the fight.

I did like the Penguin fight though. Dodging the little pengbots made for a much more interesting fight than most recent solo bosses.

And I loved the dance challenge interaction.
    • Like x 1
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I really like the story line. Penguin's V-skull at the end will upset a lot of players. I purposefully went in at CR165 and did not use orbital, supply or henchies just to check difficulty. I clicked all the clickables in the first room. Also, when Luthor talks about an investor, his voice is not as loud as the other sayings.
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Have to echo the sentiments on Pengbot Maximus. Everyone knows that at the appropriate level the original Pengbot fight was one of the toughest, if not the toughest, solo fight there ever was. Seeing Pengbot Maximus 2.0 made me go "oh boy" in my head before starting, and then he just...poofed. Torikumu wrote in chat something about Pengbot going Quantum. I asked him what he meant. He said some text came on screen when Pengbot upgraded to 3.0 saying that he had gone Quantum. Let's just say, my Pengbot never made it past 2.5 because it died so quick.

I wouldn't be averse to having Pengbot buffed dramatically.
    • Like x 2
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

Fun solo. While Pengbot seems underpowered I don't think he needs much of a buff. He's a mini-boss and doesn't drop Marks.

One issue I noticed is that after you clog up the vents you remain aggro regardless of how long it takes you to talk to Catwoman. Since there are no other enemies in the room and you actually have to talk to Catwoman to make Penguin spawn the player should be out of aggro once all 4 vents are clogged.
    • Like x 2
  12. BumblingB I got better.

I went in as a 161 gadgets dps... CR Differential hurts. I didn't have any bonuses, mods, etc. Everything was expired, including league profs.
    This feels right and good for progression based with Entry 158. I think it's perfect. I loved the story (hate harley's voice though). Was playing it while my wife was in the room and she was enjoying it just as much watching me. She was like, is that a new area?!

Oh and above talking about Pengbot increase, please don't. lol Again, I was 161 and had to take a soder on him. I got through all phases with him. I'm thinking about running this on entry toons and it's perfect for them. The instance reminds me of the classic T1's we had to do. They can be a challenge when first running them. Unlike the Hal solo, this one you can complete on most characters.
    • Like x 2
  13. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

With the Pengbot in it I'll more then likely pass the solo up I'm not running anything with that robot in it even if you can one shot it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Zamara Dedicated Player

If you activate flight while wearing the rave boots from the briefing it makes your feet look broken or out of place.
    Here are some screenshots from my character flying, you may have to zoom on the feet to appreciate it.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I think this was the main reason why high heels were avoided for female characters.
  17. Zamara Dedicated Player

Yeah i thought about that before posting it.
    I was deciding if posting it was a good idea because what if they don't find a way to fix it and they end up removing it or drastically changing it or just stop making high heels?
  18. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Decided to take a worst case scenario run through the solo and went in at cr 158 with no equipment mods or white mods. I expected the CR differential to make this extremely difficult but it didn't feel too much different than my cr 166 run. Were it not for the pengbots at the end I wouldn't have had to use a soda at all.

Is the CR differential even active in this duo? Something feels off.

At any rate I guess an easy solo isn't the worst thing in the world, if nothing else it makes for a great catch up instance, much like Patrol Catastrophe was. I could even see myself replaying it a few times on my villain, assuming of course I can get him to cr 158 by launch day.
    • Like x 3
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

What B said above is correct. I remember Spytle referring to Zatanna as having horse feet or horseshoe feet or something when she was flying.

Personally I don't think it's a big deal, certainly not a reason to stop making high heel styles.
    • Like x 1
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

As I said before in the alert feedback, let it be easy guys, many need this month's content to even finish DWF, and not have to go crazy with the duo. And it's a solo so come on, next month is another raid and a duo, so this is the only piece of content casuals have to really level up for the cycle, so let it be.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.