Test Discussion Episode 22: Science Spire feedback thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Quixotic, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Hello and welcome to the official feedback thread for the Science Spire solo! Post questions, bugs, and all other feedback here. Have fun!

- Quixotic
  2. BigAl Devoted Player

No bugs found, everything was working fine. Even finished the solo before the restart kicked in (took my time and got it done in 11 minutes). ;)
  3. Kuroki Honoo Committed Player

I finished in 8 taking my time with HL, might push 6 if I was ice to kill the adds faster. I like the new map but the bosses burned so fast that I didn't even realize the mechanics that were in them. The first boss had some green crystal I saw drop right as I killed him so never figured out what that was for xD Last boss had 1 bomb I saw on my 2nd run, 1st run I killed him too fast I think.
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

so far no bugs the boss big move hit kinda hard but nothing i couldn't beat. it was fun and enjoyable.
  5. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Have to agree with him, I was cr 150 and I finished that solo quite fast I barely even noticed those were bosses. I felt deep desires had better difficuly.

Before anyone freaks out, no I'm not asking it to be super dificult etc.. I'm just asking that it is at least at a level like deep desires.
    • Like x 1
  6. SSB Active Player

It was super easy and fast even with looking for investigations. The bosses went down so fast I thought they were adds until I got loot. I was hoping for some Gotham Under Siege solo type difficulty when it first came out but nah not even close.
    • Like x 1
  7. ErnieB Loyal Player

You want difficulty?, survive a trip to your base. (PS: don't do it)
    • Like x 2
  8. BigAl Devoted Player

I was capped on marks, so I didn't notice what the solo gave. I'm assuming one? If so, then solo is perfectly fine and needs no difficulty adjustment. I'm not working my tuckus off for 1 mark.
    As far as how long it took, I did a bit of exploring to see the sights. Impressive, but may be a waste if players just burn through.
  9. ErnieB Loyal Player

All solos are now supposed to give 1 mark anyway, though I do like that both bosses give gear now, i'm much closer to that Raptor Tech hand lol.
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

found a bug :

on last boss i wanted to do the feat so i destroyed first 4 bombs and after not achieving the feat i wiped came back defused this time 4 bombs and got the feat however after using the computer the story didnt continue , lois lane didnt discover lex was after the kandoriens... and no teleport poped up so i had to walk to the entrance to get out because u know warp bug ... but thats another story.
  11. Hemmy Committed Player

I really liked everything about this. I agree with a few of the above posts in that it could be a little more difficult. Having said that, only slightly, not much. Although the first thing I did before queuing up for this was look for the walk in, because honestly, this is the one instance I would have expected that to be a thing in.

Wouldn't it be good if someone saw that as they were flying around metro, "Hey look! I can go in the science spire! Oh, not yet? Okay, I'll just have to commit to getting powerful enough so I can do that!"
    I know that would have motivated me, just as some of the other walk-ins around the watchtower did.
    • Like x 1
  12. ErnieB Loyal Player

i really hope the armory bug is fixed fast, I want to see how Light does on the new content.
  13. ErnieB Loyal Player

14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I've only been able to run this once due to the crashing bug. I think I've found a couple of bugs, but I'll have to verify after the crashing bug is fixed. Until then, I have some thoughts/feedback on the content:

Storyline
    I really like the concept for the content and the storyline had me hooked, but I feel that this instance falls flat on it's face because of the lack of iconic NPCs.

We're just fighting boring, generic and incorrect Kryptonian NPCs. Which would be fine if the final boss was at least an iconic, but he isn't. It's just another incorrect Kryptonian NPC. The instance just abruptly ends, whilst we're in what is effectively a storage cupboard.

If I could re-do the instance, I'd cut the first boss fight out and after the wave of adds, start climbing the tower. The instance would be as it currently is. The first boss would be what is currently the final boss. We beat the first boss, Lois finds out her information, then together we attempt to leave via a teleporter located in office space (the room we currently peer through the glass at).

The teleporter would take us to the first main room, but waiting for us in the main room is Non, who has been alerted to our presence in the Science Spire by Zod (who was aware of us taking the data). The final boss fight takes place in the initial large room against Non. Outmatched due to Non being Kryptonian, you recycle the mechanics used in the first boss fight (dropping Kryptonite) to make Non vulnerable to attack and ultimately beatable. The instance concludes with Non down, you and Lois escaping the facility.

I feel as though if this is 1 quarter of the entire Kryptonian storyline, then you should at least include more iconic Superman lore characters.

You said "Incorrect Kryptonian NPCs", Incorrect how?
    Yes, well in Brothers in Arms, we revisit the House of El on Krypton and the guys in the "police" uniform that dominate this Solo, fill the House of El. Jor-El himself refers to them as "guards" and orders them around like staff. Which means that technically, those NPCs are heroes, working against the Kryptonian Council, yet you have them working for Zod.

In my opinion, you should keep things consistent. You should only use the NPCs which wear the similar style gear to Zod/Ursa/Non. There are a few in the solo, but not that many. Zod summons them in FOS: Sunstone Matrix but he doesn't ever summon the House of El security guards.
    • Like x 1
  15. ermike Committed Player

U may not get any response to this but ur review and suggested changes are spot on. Maybe apply for a gig for Daybreak...
    • Like x 2
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thanks haha :) I think the last thing Mepps or any of the devs want is me creeping around the office, though ;)
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

hell I'd be content if it were like the solo in gotham undersiege where you get un-attuned 98 gear from if you were on level for it. That solo had nice difficulty. The patrol 1.
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Ran this yesterday as well and was surprised at how easy it was compared to deep desires. Not complaining as it felt as though you are suppose to be overpowered to all players who run this as support roles to have a fighting chance.

Overall I like the design of this solo as the difficulty =the rewards
  19. ErnieB Loyal Player

Finally got to play this, others are saying it's easy, they didn't see the minimum cr for this was 142, meaning it's supposed to be easy at 156, so I won't complain about the difficulty, I will say that I'm grateful Louis isn't just another daredevil like most NPC are, she waits and is actually helpful. I would add more adds, I felt there wasn't enough at the start and on my way to through the floors. All in all its a good solo, and I'm glad you guys kept the loot drops for the first boss.
  20. AccOp Well-Known Player

I ran this the 1rst day it hit test (was lucky to stay on for about 40 mins) and it was pretty easy. But the feats for 1rst and last boss? I saw none of what allows u to accomplish these because i killed both bosses in about 4 seconds with orbital/supply. I was 154cr ice. Maybe make the feat stuff trigger faster or give the boss a smidge more health.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.