Dev Discussion Episode 14: "Fatal Exams" Operation feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, May 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the bug report, and to everyone for the feedback.

I'm implementing some minor tweaks to make sure this bug doesn't occur in the future. The fix won't be immediate though, so if you see the problem, you should hopefully be able to warp to a rally point through your map interface to get into the room.
    • Like x 1
  2. KlockeD Level 30

You should take that sign and put it back where you pulled it out from, if you catch my drift.

The alert should have a reasonable amount of explanation in how to complete, if not then it's not enjoyable to spend an hour or more just sitting on each step in this alert trying to get a bunch of people that don't understand team work or even speak the same language for that matter to work together and figure out the convoluted, poorly designed and poorly executed "puzzles" this alert offers.

the 1st boss for example isn't about being difficult to figure out what to do, its actually DOING it that's frustrating. The shields stack, making it take 10x longer than it should to complete, 2 of the colors are too similar to each-other (which others have complained about) and the frequency that the colors change on the panels is WAY to quick in some instances and it makes it impossible to complete in a timely manner if you mess up Just once.

The wind tunnel? I donno the only time we ran this we tried every obvious way to complete it and we couldn't, so if 4 relatively capable people, all coordinating and talking though it can't complete it before it resets and has you kill parademons instead on the 1st go, then its not intuitive and its not even remotely suggestive on how to complete, which leads me to believe that it's going to take at least a SIMPLE instruction on how to complete for it to be enjoyable for new people. Other wise people will just not play the alert and go do other things.

There is no reason this alert should take as long as it does to complete, it's a time sink and a waste of time when I am trying to maximize my time/marks received. I'd run duo's all day and get 3 or 4 of them done in the same amount of time and not have to deal with the headache this alert offers.
    • Like x 1
  3. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Hey man, I hope you don't take it the wrong way as I do not intend any offense or insult towards you or your condition. It's just that, ironically, from what you describe, I think your specific type of color-blindness is actually helping you see the different types of shields more distinctly than the rest of us. The colors I see is green (probably your yellow) reddish and orange/brownish. The difference between the green and the other 2 is very easy to see, but the difference between the two warm colored shields is causing real trouble for some of us. The contrast between pink, grey and yellow sounds much more clear than what I see.

Not trying to justify stupidity, I'm sure you've ran into some dimwits, but I feel you may have been a bit harsh on others who are honestly having trouble with the color patterns.

In any case I like your idea of adding more identifiable patterns, cool idea.
    • Like x 1
  4. WildcatHunter Committed Player

After considering how the past 4 man ops for a new tier were this is a nice change. No one liked fr when it first dropped and td is one of the longest alerts at lvl ever. Our first run was 42mins but in that time we learned our next 1-1-1-1 run was 23 mins and fun. People who want long tank and spank ops will hate this. I would rather spend 45mins my first run than spend 30+ every time after. We were all under geared but I think in a couple weeks we may get this down to 17 or 18 min runs. We had our healer dc for the second iconic fight and we finished with no problems. Thinking a healer less run will be easier than a no tank group. Unless you get kid flash who seemed to ignore aggro half the time. One thing I did notice was I couldn't lunge kid flash's channeled attack seems like he had full immunity every time.
  5. BigDaddyDru New Player

It's a great Alert, definitely the best Alert I have experienced.

However, being the Elite & Competen(t) Player that my People and I are, we shredded it with 4DPS. Bottom Line is support roles are NOT at all needed for the right people. Just another example of how Burn is still a priority. Perhaps you will do a better job next time of Incorporating the need for Support Roles Devs!

6. Oxeeclean New Player

That was a rough night lol. I was frustrated. The smaller shield was the only shield I saw that was matching at least one pattern clearly so what I saw I thought everyone saw better. But I'm done no more venting about DCUO. This instance for marks limit that happens at CR 117... I mean wow... I'm legendary and just renewed and have no desire to play any more because my favorite content offers nothing more than an opportunity to get gear to savage. I'm gone you won't hear me applaud or vent anymore. Think I'll delete the game to make sure I stick to my guns. Oxeeclean and quite a few other characters signing out for good ^_^
    • Like x 1
  7. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

wow. well,pugs, enough said. but this alert...this whole DLC was just to easy. man, you ppl want a babysitter with you sounds like...smh HH is pretty good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.