Test Discussion EP 38 Artifact: Lasso of Truth

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hello everyone! This is the thread for reporting bugs and general feedback for the Lasso of Truth.

Lasso of Truth

Forged by Hephaestus and empowered by Hestia, the lasso can neither be broken nor resisted when one is compelled to tell the truth.

Breakthrough Abilities

Rank 80:
    Inescapable Truth
    • Mesmerizing Lasso iconic ability no longer pulls target towards you, instead tethers and hard taunts (Tank Role) your target to you.
    • Tethered non-boss target will be stunned and dragged towards you for 5 seconds. Additionally, Lasso of Truth will constantly seek out up to 2 additional non-boss targets and drag them towards your tethered target.
    • Stun duration increased to 5 seconds on primary target.
    Rank 120:
    • While tethered to an enemy, heal for 0.5% of all damage it receives.
    Rank 160:
    • Lasso of Truth will constantly seek out up to 7 additional non-boss targets and drag them towards your tethered target.
    Rank 200:
    • While tethered to an enemy, heal for 1% of all damage it receives.

Recommendations:

This artifact is truly "wonderful" for controlling the battle field as either a Controller or a Tank. Tanks have the added benefit of Inescapable Truth taunting affected targets.

Recommended Artifact Pairings:
    • Mystic Symbol of the Seven
    • Everyman Prototype
    Thank you!
    Batuba

KNOWN ISSUES
    • None! This artifact is AMAZEBALLZ!
    • Like x 2
  2. August Moon Well-Known Player

im uh..not sure if im allowed to be dog walking my sparring targets like this

3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

An artifact for an iconic!! This is so dope!
    • Like x 3
  4. AV Loyal Player

At present, only our primary target takes damage. Would you consider adding, to lvl 200, the ability for Inescapable Truth to also deal non-split damage to the additional targets it seeks out? Better synergy, would feel better/cooler, look/feel more impactful, and have potential AoE DPS applications which could broaden the appeal.

The visuals on this are really, really cool.
  5. AV Loyal Player

So ******* cool.

Minor issue: @ 0:16, we can see that If our target gets body blocked by anything it stops getting dragged towards us. Iunno what you could really do about it, it just feels like instead of stopping it would be cooler if the speed with which they're drawn to us would decrease or something instead.

Any chance you can make the heal 1-2% instead of 0.5-1%? 1%'s a lil low and since it can only proc every 5s that's somewhat lackluster.
  6. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

the 1% heal is based of the damage done to the target you and pulling on so in the raid tht 1% of lets say millions of damage on a add or boss will be a lot of heals back . righ tnow your the only one damaging the said target! 1% is prob fine
  7. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

See the heals like 10 to 20 ticks :( cause the damage on the targetis my own puny damage :D
  8. AV Loyal Player

Dude... obviously... but 1% of 1000000 is only 10000 over 5s. In general, unless running perma-CB silliness, It'll only really spike over that for solid groups of at least 4 good DPS and when people use Orbitals/SC... provided DPS output isn't interrupted by mechanics, which it almost always will be in Elite. With the Nth investment required, the heal return shouldn't be a pittance unlikely to make a difference. 2% would have a slight impact without being too powerful for tanks that can't normally heal.

At 1%, it's mostly trivial and since we have no control over when DPS spikes happen, the state of our health when they do, or our HoT status, the baseline performance should be reasonable. For the cost, it should be able to consistently generate non-negligible healing values in 2312 situations, not just 1511 situations.
    • Like x 1
  9. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

i tried it my self with my own orbital and the heals spiked to 45 ticks lol from 12 so tht 1% is low at 200 !
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Considering the dlc, you should make this artifact buff Amazonian deflection in some way, it’s the perfect opportunity!!!
    • Like x 1
  11. Juggurnaut Level 30

Right! They totally could have made Amazonian Deflection “moveable” while using. So you aren’t stuck in one place. This would be more like a shield and more people might start using it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Right, they could reduce the Cooldown, give it burst damage, just something. There’s still a chance, the dev over artifacts definitely listens
  13. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Nope, this artifact is AMAZELame:9, just kidding.

At first glance this artifact is based on an Iconic power, which encourages diversity and different play styles, however is important to understand what this artifact has to offer.
    Currently, I see 3 possible scenarios where this artifact could be intended:
    • To help tank powers that lack stun capabilities
    • To help tank powers that lack pulling capabilities
    • To help tank powers that lack crow control capabilities (group adds together in a certain area)
    The current iteration of artifact has the potential to solve some if not all the following goals, however has it is currently on Test Server
    I don't see it has a viable option.

Stun capability
    If it only effectively stuns one target has a single target power is not very viable, imagine that u pull one add and 10 more come along, with this power u are for a terrible spanking or should i say a wet spanking in CotE.
    It would be more interesting to be the opposite all adds that get pulled towards the tethers target get stunned.

Pulling capability
    Not all tanks have nice group pulls to my eyes this artifact is the perfect opportunity to allow Lazzo to fill that gap.
    Not removing already work done but having the ability to on-hold pull all lazzoed adds towards you would add value to this kind of artifact. (using ragebringer animation from rage to provide this effect would be cool)

Crow Control capability
    Currently this artifact just pulls up to 7 adds towards the tethers target, however it only pulls adds. This same adds are free to lunge around and can easily get resistant and run away.
    I can see this artifact as an opportunity to add to the game hard pull, in which pulled adds cannot get resistant and run away.
    This concept can be better understood by exploring the final boss of FIe raid in which is necessary to pull adds that have high level of resistance. (Still the other two options are more fun;) )

My final thoughts about this artifact, is as it is currently just a mimic artifact like the og "Lazarus Pit".
    Artifacts like this require amazing stats in order to compensate for their lack of buffs provided by artifacts like dislutel or seven.
    I hope if the suggestion given can be used to make this artifact more viable, if i'm already not 2 late:)
    • Like x 1
  14. Controller Devoted Player

Sounds like an exciting time for these new artifacts...

As for the new Lasso Artifact - the Tank / Controller one - I do think Hard Light Controllers "COULD" use the this one quite effectively...

Our "Grasping Hand" can stun / grab a single target for a few seconds...additionally this power does a small amount of damage over time...

Our "Light Rays" can stun multiple targets.

The question is - for Controllers - which artifact are we giving up for this Lasso one? My Scrap of Soul Cloak? My Rao Amulet? My BoP Artifact?

My first guess is the scrap of soul cloak but that is a HARD choice....less group shields to use.

Finally - "COULD" this mean in the future Controllers are doing similar job as a conventional tank?

15. August Moon Well-Known Player

for a hard light controller, definitely the bop . the scrap and cloak should be more than enough to maintain power but if this artifact actually tethers all of these adds to you, i dont think this would be a good artifact to use. at best you and the tank would be playing tug of war . maybe in instances like pce where you just need to hold that one add
    • Like x 1
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Controllers shouldnt be using this artifact. It should be used by Tanks only.
    • Like x 2
  17. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

In previous I wrote mimic, instead of Gimmick, ups
  18. JWellens Level 30

I'm a little bummed that this doesn't affect group pulls within other tank powers. I would be nice to not have to use Mesmerizing Lasso over my own Earthen Grip in order to benefit from it. I get that you want to create diversity and get people to use Iconics though so my thought is:

Most of the benefits of Lasso apply to all Tank group pulls (Earthen Grip in this example). So Earthen Grip gets the benefits of the taunt and heal, but using Lasso provides the stun and improves the heals from 0.5% and 1% to 1% and 2% respectively. With the caveat that they cannot be used at the same time. Maybe they share the same cooldown or you can use Earthen Grip then Lasso but the benefits from the move cast first cannot be overridden or added to.

That gives incentive for those that don't mind putting Iconic Powers in their loadouts and Tanks that want to stay within their powerset can still make use of the artifact.
  19. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

This is an artifact I’ve been waiting a long time for. Is there any chance the healing will be increased?
    • Like x 1
  20. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

yeh tht 1% is to low maybe 5% at ran 200 :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.