EOG is getting changed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Apr 5, 2023.

1. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Remember MOTD? Remember how we used to get updates? Most players don’t use the forums. I’d feel safe in saying that many don’t even know there are forums for DC. Any updates that involve the game should be posted upon entering the game, or via MOTD. That seems fair imo. But that would mean giving people notice. If they seen upcoming changes - they’re less likely to spend.
    • Like x 3
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Nah I’ve seen this discussed in the shout channels in lfg in trade chat … it was more than a rumor plus it was over performing with the stacking people knew this **** was gonna get nerfed anyone who dropped the dough on this I have no sympathy for.

They been doing this stuff forever you guys always fall for it.

All the power changes through out the years everytime the updated a power one of them would be op everyone wokld flock to it this happened several times everyone knew what it was then and know what it is now. It’s smart on their part cause they know you guys will throw down serious cash.

I feel bad for those who genuinely enjoyed the artifact and didn’t exploit it

For the rest nah

And it still seems to have a good function it’s not nerfed into nothing
    • Like x 3
  3. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I’m just wondering what took so long.

When something is so unbalanced to this degree changes should be made sooner.
    • Like x 4
  4. MikeB Level 30

It got worse as we got better at utilizing it
    • Like x 2
  5. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

That checks out. I came back on a new account in July last year. I never bought any Nth Metal from Marketplace. After the double XP week in September I had 1 artifact at 200, 1 at 180, and 2 at 140. After that I didn't spend any Nth Metal for 6 months and by the time double XP week came in March I had around 3 million XP (so 6 mill when doubled, not counting crits) sitting in the bank. And I could have had a lot more if I'd used more Nth Metal Detectors, which can be bought off broker, but I just got bored watching the clock to make sure I killed an add every 10 min or so. I still have 30 Detectors waiting for the next double Metal drops week and I keep buying more.
    • Like x 1
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Id say The community,many had a problem with it yet no one said anything they rather quit or complain ingame which useless also because many here trying to dilude the devs into thinking that everything is fine,balanced as it is anyone asking for balance changes would get a few people attack that person for speaking out, it only became a topic for the devs as more players started to complain about it the last 6 months as more players started using it etc and they probably have the numbers to check how popular the artifact is. I hope art swap will follow soon the next biggest broken thing.
    • Like x 1
  7. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

This is exactly it. Adjustments and changes are always going to happen and if you play a live service game then that's part of the expectations.

That being said, to go on for that long without any adjustment, and then get one last 2x week in before nerfing it to the ground is absolutely in bad taste. Extremely suspect business move and it kind of shows that regardless of how much long time or new players spend there is a baked in disregard for optics and how they are perceived by the same people they will need to help them stay financed.
    • Like x 5
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Players and YouTubers have been talking about EoG being OP at least since I returned to the game last year. We now need to have Elite Plus content, because Elite is too easy for EoG spamming groups. There was a leak about the upcoming nerf a month ago and since then every thread about the subject was promptly deleted. I feel like people, who didn't see the writing on the wall were not paying attention.

I actually leveled a few EoGs 2 weeks ago, just in case the nerf wasn't going to be too drastic, mainly as a swap art, and only to 120-160, because I knew something was going to happen.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dene Devoted Player

You got to use it for 5 years - nowhere did they say all Arts were set in stone forever

Things change
    • Like x 9
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

People would cry if they changed it the first year or 4 more years from now. Maybe these reactions are exactly why they waited so long? But regardless, this is an art that everyone KNEW everyone had to have and people surprised it was on their radar? Even during the last art balance pass they hinted at being aware of EoG

Since the last bonus nth week til the one we just had I had 3mil nth metal saved up without spending a single penny. I also had a max stack of each catalyst. During double nth week that 3mil turned to 6mil. At this point I’m just leveling up alts arts just because.
    • Like x 4
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s what I just said in the quote you replied too. People who have it maxed out are the ones crying about this and asking for compensation. It’s not like the venom wrist where players just had the free upgrade upon login.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Then maybe actually give feedback instead of whining and crying? That thought ever cross your mind?
  13. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Guess what :) now there will be other best artifact so devs gona make money and crybabies gona cry !
    Remember how they was nerfing powers over and over ? i said when they relese artifacts they gona do same **** with it only this time it gona cost you more ! and boy i was right .
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Oh please… people have been talking about this in game for a while now lol. You’d think people would be smart enough to learn after the venom wrist was nerfed lol
    • Like x 1
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Time is money. I can go to work for 10-15 hours to get enough money to level an artifact from 0 to 200. Or spend a hundred hours, or whatever, in-game (perhaps while also paying subscription). If everyone just paid for everything instead of contributing time and effort - the game would be empty. In fact, it wouldn't be a game but a shop. Low population is already the main problem on most servers - as you know - so I wouldn't pat myself on the back too hard for throwing a few coins at the game....
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is my biggest gripe about it, will the E+ or 'critical' runs be re-balanced to take into account DPSes NOT having 100% SC available at all times....cause they were built under the assumption that it was a thing... more than likely.
    • Like x 1
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I think the forums need one of those skill-testing questions that you have to pass in order to post a thread or reply :rolleyes:
    • Like x 10
  18. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I'm guessing, that the kind of people, who run this kind of content will find new ways to beat E+ and create new meta. And if that pursuit keeps them busy for a while - that's probably good for player retention. I'm more interested whether or not Nature's forms and healer SCs will go back to pre-EoG states.
    • Like x 2
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

After clicking it 5 times, it changes to "I am an idiot", and if they keep clicking thereafter, it goes infinitely.