Enough with the Steph Curry already...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Malachyte, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Saami Loyal Player

If you guys really think that someone gets too much attention, then dont talk about it.
    I havent heard about Curry before, but now i do.
  2. Malachyte Devoted Player

But NE deserves the talk and hype, they been to 11 conf champ games, 6 Super Bowls and won 4 in the time Brady and Bill been there. The Golden State Warriors have won 1 and quite frankly were lucky to win that one.
    Yes they are tearing up the league now, but lets see if they can repeat or go on a type of run the Spurs achieved. Then give them hype and call them legends...not now...
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Fair points. Still, the talk about them isn't undeserved. Until or unless teams can derail them or completely stop them, they're earning every single bit of talk they're getting.
  4. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Your statement was pretty much debunked a week ago when Golden State blew out a healthy Cavs team so bad they basically fired David Blatt after. So many people cling to Jordan as if they watched him play I'm 27 and I can honestly say I didn't get much time to watch him seriously as his prime years I was only like 8 or 9 hardly enough to study his game but Steph the dude is greatness in its prime form appreciate it while you can he's the most effective shooter the nba has ever seen no matter who is defending him K.Leonard who is the leagues best defender looked like a high school student guarding him and A.Davis who's wing span is absurd watched as Curry shot in his face as if he wasn't thier. I am not a curry fan but what he doing is unheard of.
    • Like x 1
  5. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

My thoughts exactly, apparently someone didnt get the memo though. Not surprising really, he missed how his last reply contradicted itself. Anyway the "jokes embargo" on this thread is in full effect, tread lightly or else he might start at you too ;)
  6. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I am convinced y'all don't watch sports if you think Lebron is still the nba's best player and Kyrie is better then Steph that's a joke lol. The Cavs were destroyed by GSW
    • Like x 1
  7. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Era/rule change bias aside, Steph Curry has been nothing short of spectacular this season. Do ppl go overboard as far as his placement among the GOAT based off basically a year and a half? Yup, but that doesn't take away from the fact his shooting and ability to create off the dribble is off the charts.
    • Like x 3
  8. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

I think youre missing some key points here. As already stated by someone, the team has won 1 championship by now (not counting the ones decades ago as Curry wasn't even born then). With 1 championship, it is totally hype when comparing Curry to players who did win 6 championships (Jordan) or to players (Oscar Robertson) who put up better stats over their whole career than Curry in his best seasons and that at a time where defense was tougher (NBA rule changes to get more "attractive" moves on their highlight-reels in between) and there was no 3 point shot in the NBA either (was added 1979, Robertson retired from basketball in 1974).

The Warriors are the strongest team in the NBA by now - no one is denying that. But they are far from building a legacy like the Bulls did with Jordan or the Spurs do for a long time now etc. It's the type of comparisons picked that makes it just talk and hype.
    • Like x 2
  9. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Lol totally agree. by no measurement has LeBron been the best player this year, Ppl get stuck in the past and stop watching the games.
    • Like x 1
  10. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

I repeat, by no means should any reputable list of all time greats include Steph Curry. That doesn't take away from what he's done THIS season.
  11. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Exactly I respect all Lebron has done and he's still a great player but he's not the same player he was two or three years ago. At this time Curry is playing as good as anyone has ever it's scary to think how much he would be avg a game if he wasn't on the bench in the fourth because they are blowing out the other teams. Is he Jordan or Magic no but he's playing at a really high level.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If MJ played with these same rule he would have avg 50pts a game. If Love and kyrie would have been healthy, GSW wouldn't have won that ring. Lebron ran out of gas carrying the cavs, and i'm notva Lebron fan. I don't see them winning this year, they will run out of gas trying to beat the bulls record
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Steph Curry is the greatest shooter ever. That's a fact
    • Like x 2
  14. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

It's a disservice to Bron when ppl act like what he is this season as he was 2-3 years ago. Miami Heat LeBron was a basketball cyborg. These last year and a half have been a clear drop off, but a drop off what he was in Miami is still better than 95% of the league.
    • Like x 2
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Kyrie not better than curry, before last year he didn't know what the playoffs looked like, but i do agree GSW won because of the cavs injuries
  16. TRELL1 Well-Known Player

Yup these last 2 seasons have been the most prolific 3pt shooting seasons ever. That doesn't mean he is instantly Top 10/15 of all time. Longevity matters in that context.
    • Like x 2
  17. Malachyte Devoted Player

Unheard of ??? Tim Hardaway was just as good, if not better off the dribble and AI would run and shoot circles around Curry and they played in an era when you were actually allowed to play defense.
    I'm no one to cling to MJ but there is absolutely no comparison to MJ and SCs game. As far as the GWS blowing out the CAVs that has nothing to do with anything. The regular season match-up doesn't have the sense of urgency and/or motivation for a CAVs team that is just looking to coast the regular season for the playoffs.
    Now, I'm not saying the CAVs of this year is better then GWS, I'm not. I think GWS is better then the CAVs this year...I was speaking to last year when a full healthy roster of GWS needed 6 games to get by basically a solo LeBron.
    Put the same cast LeBron had with SC to start the series and CAVs would have swept them.
  18. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Your not understanding sports the sad nature of sports is players getting better and players dropping off, your living in the past. As of right now their is no, not a single player in the nba that is a better shooter or player then Curry and we can't live on if and buts Kyrie had a chance to show us dude is only like 23 if he had his legs lol dude is not as good as Steph. Love has been a total disappointment.
  19. Malachyte Devoted Player

Exactly my point Sir...I'm not taking away anything from SC or the GWS. but all the sports talking heads and watching the NBA pre-game shows man, these guys are talking about the GWS and SC as if they are a dynasty and have done with the Spurs have done recently and what the Bulls, Lakers and Celtics have done in the past.
    He is no where eve close to their level, and is on par with bringing Tim Duncan his Gatorade when he's thirsty.
  20. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

That's not how sports work you can't say insert a different supporting cast and this player would have won this or that, it doesn't work like that and as far as MJ I'm not comparing them but I'm not going to pretend like Another player can't play at just as high of a level., stats done lie Curry and comparing Tim to Curry did you pull that out of no where? Nobody I repeat nobody has started a season like curry has that's a fact.