Endgame Players: Do you actually need Source Marks?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cerulean Osprey, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

I recently just finished The Climb to Endgame, so I do understand the opposing viewpoints for and against clamping, and I don't want to get into every single argument for/against that. But one question I had since I just got to World of Flashpoint........ Do endgame players not need Source Marks?

Source Marks don't help with any of the Endgame gear, as the Endgame Episodes have their own unique currency... But Source Marks are still used for purchasing Catalysts for our Artifacts and maintaining the Upgrades in our Bases? As well as buying all the Gear/Styles we haven't collected yet.

I only have one Level 200 Artifact, two 120s, and three at 80. Also working on Soder cola trinket. I'm finding that I still have a need for Source Marks and now that I'm at CR338, I don't have a ton of options for farming Source Mark since there's a relevancy window.

It seems to me that after Episode 41, I'll be able to run whatever content I want for Source Marks, with the tradeoff that I'll be clamped. In my case, it helps, but is this actually the case for others?
  2. Critical Massacre Committed Player

Yes I’m source mark poor. Especially since I’m out of seals of preservation and now I’m burning through hundreds of sources marks trying to get a breakthrough of only 40%. Heck half the reason I’m concerned about leveling artifacts is just to have somewhere to put all this Nth Metal. Hopefully after this update life will improve.
  3. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I think in the Ep 41 we will be able to use source marks for new vendors. I think you can use them to buy the T3 pets? I haven't looked at any of the videos or test threads. But maybe they are adding more stuff too?
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I had saved up many Source Marks for the Double Artifact XP and I spend a LOT of it.... many 100s to upgrade some of my Artifacts allll the way to Rank 200.

And I still need to upgrade a lot more for my various characters.

So.... yes... Source Marks is still much needed. ;)
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

You still need source marks if you want to catch up on styles or get stuff for your other characters at end game. Source Marks are always relevant. Eventually you can also convert currency of episodes (Wonderverse is next for example) to Source Marks.

As League said, there are vendor pets at higher levels (2, 3) that you can buy with source marks too.
    • Like x 3
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Don’t forget mainframe stuff. We are being forced into older content now.
    • Like x 4
  7. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I have decent stockpile of source marks, so not really. I use all my alts to buy everything my main needs. :D
  8. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Personally, no.

I have plenty of source marks on my main (14000+) and my alts also have plenty. If I truly needed catalysts for my few alts that are actually under 800 source marks, my main could buy them easily.
  9. inferno Loyal Player

10. Cerulean Osprey Well-Known Player

That's a lot, LOL. Is that because older episodes ended up having their unique currencies converted over?
    • Like x 1
  11. spikeat Well-Known Player

I have about 20,000 stocked between my main and alts. My alts run the bounties every week and the instances when there is double/triple bonus week. My alts usually hit the cap since I don't buy anything for them; their serving purpose is to farm for my main and convert over 10,000 marks every episode. I've completed all renown and purchased all the collections, so for me there is nothing left to sink my source marks into. If they gave me 50 SoC, then I would work on the arts for my alts.
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I use my source marks to buy gold level gear from past vendors to donate to my league for prestige. Gotta' keep those proficients up for league buffs.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I personally don't need a lot of Source Marks. I only need 21 marks every 60 days for mainframe upkeep.
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes source marks will always be a key currency. Instead of spending $100s on seals you could just use source marks to push breakthroughs on early stages without spending a penny. You also must maintain mainframes which is cheap luckily. You can also buy older style feats you missed. Soon you will be able to buy new pets with them as well as catalyst for allies. You can also convert them into quarks and buy time capsule styles/feats. You can use them to make money too.

Source marks will always be a key currency in the game. People have stockpiles are literally sitting on a fortune. I would have a field day with that lol.
    • Like x 3
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

With 20k source marks you could force boost a bunch to 140 minimum on all toons. If I had 20k stockpiled Id probably be back to empty within a week and be a very rich guy XD
  16. spikeat Well-Known Player

I definitely do that for my main toon. I would buy stacks of catalysts and then I spam square (fortify) without a second thought. 140 usually clears in under 6 attempts for me. I only level arts to the point where it unlocks the perks (80, 120, 160, 200) and nothing in between.
    • Like x 1
  17. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Good question, but really it's easy to observe and understand.

There are multiple types of end game players.

Veterans at endgame who already completed all the past DLC's, by now probably already maxed out artifacts and the only thing source marks can do is power their mainframes and utility belt.

You have the a split between the next group.

We often see them in the forums alot, usually saying something along the lines of the grind should not be this much. Being at end game is only a problem because of the 1st group, don't really see value in running with them, often times they are not interested in feats, just wanting to keep up with the first group.

The other half of this group, general starts out with the other half, but breaks off when they have that lightbulb moment and start paying attention to their time management. They still are behind the first group, but they are more aware of which or what to improve upon first.

That second group as a whole actually need source marks, but they are end game. They actually make up the majority of players as well, because they were able to skip right on along to the end.

Somehow it became very toxic with what I am saying here, but it's really not.

Everyone basically had similar experiences, it's just when they had them.

Obviously a player who has more time will have more completed.

It baffles me how we can say that it will take to long to get to a certain point in this game, but if I were to jump on any other game it could take me years to reach the same point.

New end game players is the last group, but the groups do splinter off, depends on if a player has multiple toons.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

Do you actually need Source Marks?

Oh yeah.

They are quite necessary... for multiple reasons.
    • Like x 2
  19. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Yes, along with the fact that I don't change artifacts. :)

I have stuck with the same artifacts for years and kept it moving with my main. So, I basically only spend source marks to feed my generator (and some random thing here or there).
    • Like x 1
  20. Dev72 Dedicated Player

yes, for all reasons mentioned above.