End of lot boxes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The original Nightling, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Michael Warnecke, the ESA’s chief counsel of tech policy, made the announcement during a workshop on loot boxes hosted by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.

“I’m pleased to announce this morning that Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony have indicated to ESA a commitment to new platform policies with respect to the use of paid loot boxes in games that are developed for their platforms,” Warnecke said. “Specifically, this would apply to new games and game updates that add loot box features, and it would require the disclosure of the relative rarity or probabilities of obtaining randomized virtual items in games that are available on their platforms.”

Actually that's the actual statement and that is ambiguous ;)

Adding a lootbox isn't adding a lootbox feature it's just adding a lootbox to an already existing feature, depending on whether you consider the existence if a system itself a feature or the individual lootbox to be a feature.

As you know too DCUO is also not a new title, so despite your confidence in the ESA i personally don't trust them at all to have their facts straight after all they're the same company that doxed 2000 people the other day...

I think it probably deserves a more black and white clarification that leaves no room whatsoever for interpretation or wriggling.
    • Like x 1
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OH YEAH I had forgotten about the bundles. I can't even recall what "special Aura" they were advertising as a possible reward with purchase but back when the wastelands was fairly new and still end game I was on a team with a guy worrying about how much trouble he'd be in when the wife got home and found out he's spent like $120 on a bundle package until he finally got one with that aura to drop.
    • Like x 1