End-Game Leagues that Don't Raid

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vesper, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Vesper Dedicated Player

So for this DLC I am trying to change things up and level up my hero first. He is usually a 6-week back toon-----I focus on my main and a couple villain alts, then he gears up about 6 weeks into a DLC once the villains have opened up the cheaper vendor gear buy for him.

My hero is a Dr. Who tribute, so I just can't resist all the gear with Question Marks all over it. THOSE SHOES!!!!! Anyhow, I usually just pug on hero side, I've never been in a league that wasn't just a private one with this toon. As soon as I saw the gear preview, I started in on him hard-core to get him ready for this DLC. And once I had him over 200 cr on both roles and 250 skill points, I left our private league to go looking for a team league to run this new stuff with. I want to run the raid and I VERY MUCH want to run the Elite version of it.

I am disappointed so far to say the least.

I have now been in 4 leagues in the last 2 weeks. Left one league for intense racist chat over the mics (n-word this, n-word that). But the others are all the same problem, including the one I'm in now. Namely, they don't raid. They all SAY they raid. But even with more than 50 end-game toons in the league, no raids. Current league has over 100 end-game toons. ONE raid in 5 days, and they pugged *5* slots!

Asking in league chat, with 10+ people on-line and most hanging out in the Watchtower, no raids. If I have to run everything with pugs anyway, I might as well have kept my toon in our private league.

I guess what I'm asking is if this is normal on Hero side these days? That's not how the friendlier end-game leagues on Villain side are.
    • Like x 2
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

villains > hero ;)

you should know that by playing villains :p
    • Like x 3
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

On the villain side you'll be lucky to even get enough people on for a full raid nowadays, I wish all the smaller leagues there trying to build up would just combine into one to be honest, otherwise everyone is just working against each other for the same end goal.
    • Like x 2
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

true, but at the same time you dont if all those people would actually like 1 another either :p

personality conflicts ect, so that would still leave the 1s that didnt like any given person out in the cold so to speak.
    • Like x 1
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Lots of leagues on hero side die off. I have a friend who just left his dying league for a league that is also apparently dying. I have a lot of friends who are league leaders and I have not seen them in a while. Hell I haven't seen my leader since week 1 of AoJ. It might be a downside of our larger population. We're not as close knit like players on villain side.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

We ran the raid 5 times last night and 4 times tonight but i dont think we are recruiting atm. End game leagues that dont raid are very silly to me. Whats the point of being end game if ya dont run the end game content that has the best chances to drop stuff and rewards the most marks?
    • Like x 2
  7. Saami Loyal Player

Raids are so easy that it is same if you do LFG or league run. THats why me and propably other people too just do stuff without league.
  8. Vesper Dedicated Player

Regular raids, sure. I can and have pugged Zoo all week long. But VERY FEW groups pug through Elite----most groups run Elite with their League or *maybe* a couple of non-league friends to fill out 1-3 slots in an otherwise League run.

This is weird to me on Hero side. It honestly feels like the only purpose of these 3 Leagues is the league-hall boosts. There's no raiding, no elite raiding, apparently no Survival Mode grouping, and almost no chatting/typing between League members.

I think I have to find yet another new League. :(:(:(
    • Like x 1
  9. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

There need to be better options to find leagues. You can try the forums, but not everyone in the game is here. Joining random leagues and leaving based on experiences with each league is a crap shoot. They really should have put something in-game where leagues could recruit and describe what the league is looking for, how the league operates, etc.

I have been in dozens of leagues over the years. I have only had good experiences overall with two (three if you count the one me and my friends formed). One of my first leagues was great in the beginning, but the league leader invited anyone and everyone, so we ended up filling up all our slots with a lot of players who never reached level 30 and quit. Through that league, I made a few close friends, and we formed our own league for a while. Recruiting was difficult since most players in the game seem to be antisocial.

We joined another league after that (my old league still exists for sentimental reasons with our league hall still in place). That league did a lot of end game raiding and felt like a family at first. That deteriorated into a lot of drama because it seemed only a handful of players were really as close-knit as initial impressions, and anyone new could be thrown to the wolves at the first sign of questioning how the leadership conducted themselves. We even had one player who left have the league's leadership stalk her and have her e-mail signed up for tons of adult sites. That league is still horrid/toxic based on what I've seen from them over the past couple months.

I'm currently enjoying my new league, but it's truly a new league. We're still building up in tiers 1-3, but at least the leadership is trying to form bonds and teach players to develop cohesive group play. I hope it lasts.
    • Like x 2