Encircling throw Where are you ?!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by MAXILIANO, Jun 19, 2017.

1. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

The end of the Revamp is coming, and the question that I ask myself is:
    Where is the encircling throw change?
    Why do they continue to ignore the players?
    Why have they taken away something we love and do not give back to us?
    As I always have a statement:
    "The problem is the PVP? Then just leave it disabled for PVP! But let it again be the blow it was before the WM!"
    Why do you keep denying us simple things?
    Just like they do with Rumblecrush?
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Encircling Throw was changed for Weapon Mastery combo. Since that combo still exists, I don't see them changing it back.
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

In fact it was not because of WM. Even though there is no WM combo that matches the Encircling Throw combos!
    The change was only introduced when they introduced WM.
    And the excuse was because the combos were "appealing and disrupted the PVP"!
    So, as I have talked to for years, if the problem is the PVP, instead of destroying the movement, which now no longer uses, and has become totally useless, and made the weapon itself lose interest, especially for us tanks .
    What they should have done right from the start was just to disable this attack for PVP, as they have done with various other things over the years!
    But let anyone who wants to use in the PVE, the same movement of the original way!
  4. BumblingB I got better.

It was because of WM and the changes to hold block breakers. You are right, it wasn't due to a combo, but WM was the direct change to it. They changed it due to how you hold the range for a block breaker.
  5. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

What really does not make sense, because the attack continues at the end making the same move, the only thing they did was destroy the movement by removing the combos and doing the same being fired with only 9 attacks!
    Nobody does 9 direct attacks with a gun!
    They destroyed the movement!
    Even more that we used the same to control crowd as tank!
    Not to mention that the attack itself was the soul of the weapon!
    Removing this combo does not make any sense!
    You can make the PVP.
    But not in PVE!
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I admire the OP's persistence. You've been asking for this change to be reverted for over three years.

For anyone that cares about ancient history, Encircling Throw's input sequence used require a low number of tap melee -> 1x hold range. This was changed to 9x tap melee -> 1x hold range back in March 2014. What happened in March 2014? Well, weapons used to have tap blockbreakers before that time period and all blockbreakers were changed to hold attacks. On the surface, the change to a 9x tap requirement seems silly. Think about this in the terms of a hold blockbreaker though. Encircling Throw is a PBAoE attack attack that required a melee input sequence. Being unable to instantly blockbreak an enemy at range because you were using a melee sequence would be a game-breaker for anyone using Dual-Wield. This also would have caused issues with some of Dual Wield's Weapon Mastery attacks.

The easiest solution was to bump Encircling Throw to 9x tap so the necessary range blockbreaker functionality wouldn't interfere with any of Dual-Wield's other combos.

Is Encircling Throw useful at 9x taps? Not really. Fixing that problem would require redesigning Dual Wield's other combos though and I don't see that happening.
    • Like x 3
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Many thanks for the initial compliment!
    I like it when people come with eloquent and rhetorical speeches that really make sense so that there can be a salutary discussion that allows dialectics!
    I fully understood the problem for you, and I believe that it would really be unbearable and totally problematic a hit of it, especially for PVP.
    However, when I look at the PVE, we're going to face only NPCs. And let us not inflict one another!
    I believe that this problem is not so worrying!
    You see, the NPCs continue to use this attack on us, and yet we easily destroy them.
    Of course in PVP, this would be something else!
    But against a "computer"? That is, in the PVE?
    It is entirely possible that the Encircling throw can return!
    Having as addendum, as I have said all these 3 years:
    "- Leave it turned off for PVP"!
    Istop would solve the problem and make us all happy!
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I feel you. I have my own niche issues with some particular weapon combos (although Bow as a whole is just garbage in the revamp right now) that I don't see being addressed anytime soon. I agree that Encircling Throw is useless in its post-36 version and since that's against the goals of the revamp (making everything useful in some way) I think it should be changed. Penryn is kind of right that it could be problematic as a range hold combo following a melee sequence, but an easy solution to that would be to make it a tap range instead of a hold range to not interfere with Block Breaking. There are other mixed tap melee/tap range combos like Power Discharge (HB) and Impact Arrow (Bow) so it would integrate perfectly with the rest of the game.
    • Like x 3
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That's an awesome idea. Melee tap then range tap just like the others. Anything to not have to remember the stupid 9 taps exactly, lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Any good idea is welcome! And I thank you from the heart!
    Because really what is not more is to maintain the way it is currently ...
    I really despair with every new update that I enter the test server and I always see the gun the same way!
    It gives me a big sadness in my chest ...:(
  11. Cyro Committed Player

If you manage to get e throw back into the game as a one man crusade you would be a legend
    • Like x 2
  12. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

While you have the last breath of life there will be hope ...