Elite raids. How does it work?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghaladh, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

The last week I finally managed to beat Throne of the Dead normal with all of my characters, and I saw that the elite version was finally available, but I was loot locked because for some stupid reason the elite version shares the loot lock with the normal one. I waited till the raid reset, hoping that I would had been able to play the elite version this week, but now it's greyed out again. It says, in the window, that "[character name] is missing a progress point". What does that mean? Am I supposed to play the normal again, then use the replay badges to unlock and play the elite? I am confused and I certainly hope it's not like that.
  2. ChuckLess New Player

Yep. One of the worst ideas ever implemented in this game. Never seems to work the way it's supposed to.

Basically, yes, they expect us to unlock with replays. Add to that, the no guaranteed top drops and the fact that you can only be picked up twice before being locked out (for that round), and I call it a fail.
    • Like x 3
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

You have to beat it a specific week or you o get loot from elite.

Say yesterday Thursday which was reset, you beat it today. You are now locked from elite ad normal, now come next Thursday, you can now run elite non locked. Then the Thursday after that, you are locked again. That is how it works.
    • Like x 2
  4. FESTER665 Devoted Player

You can run it one time for no resets after you run the original. The issue is the resets are on a calendar so you have to be in sync with that in order to run it.

In theory it'll be week one is regular version, week two is elite, then back to regular the following week.

Realistically though, most people unlock it then replay the Elite version for the drops.

Here's the calendar so you can sync up with it if you don't want to spend badges:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/calendar-elite-raid-locks.235750/
    • Like x 1
  5. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I was under the impression that it's essentially play to win. If you didn't pay, it will be rather inconvenient for you to do the Elite Mode. That is what I have been told at least. I actually never intend to step foot inside an elite raid
    • Like x 1
  6. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Man, people just LOVE to toss that phrase around on here way too much.

You don't have to pay squat to run Elite versions of content as long as you sync with the calendar.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Thanks for the explanations. I think that this kind of over-complicated schedule is absolutely unnecessary and confusing. Why not letting the players to play it once per week? Yeah, I already know: to sell more replay badges. It's so stupid, especially now that the T7 raids give better equipment.
    I want to run the ToTD elite just because no one accept CR 116 characters in NGN anymore, so I hope to raise my CR faster. It seems that 4 points of CR make all the difference XD. I hate that.
    • Like x 1
  8. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Yeah, the schedule is a little weird, but once you're sync'ed with it it's not too bad.

I wish there were a way that they could just put the timer on your toon, like beating the regular version meant after the next reset you could do the elite but maybe they just didn't have the tech to pull that off.
  9. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

There was a thread on it like a month ago. It had a compelling argument for why it was pay-to-win.
  10. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Running Throne Elite will not get your CR up at all. In order to get it past 116, you need gear from the new DLC.
  11. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Pay-to-win can be said only and exclusively of unbalancing advantages that are obtainable only by paying customers. Nothing that can be bought with real cash gives such kind of advantage.
    If we consider the fact that to advance with your CR you have indeed to buy a DLC or be Legendary we shouldn't call that Pay to win is just unfair and immature... it's more like pay-to-support-the-game.

Which raises the question: the people that didn't gobble-up the new DLC in the first two weeks and that are still below CR 120 now, how are they will ever be able to play the new content if no team is willing to accept them?
    Hypocrites... they forgot what CR they were when they started playing this content. /vent off
  12. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

The thread with details will explain why the current system is pay-to-in much better than I can. Not sure where it went though
  13. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

You can get to 120 with some 102 and 108 gear by running the duos and alerts. If you have a league, I'm sure they wouldn't mind running NGN with you. HH is bit more difficult and having a higher CR really helps in that raid.
  14. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

In fact, while the suggested CR for NGN is 118, if i remember correctly, the one for HH is 123. That makes sense, although the duo in Nekropolis has 121 as a suggested CR in spite of its easiness. That might be confusing.

Anyway, that's what I am doing: running duos and T6b stuff to get the marks and gearing me up. The fact that people are looking for CR 120+ for a raid that they completed at CR 116, however, remains.
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

is why I never do elite raids, because the DPS' suck at picking up ANYONE on USPS villain side. even if it meant saving their sorry you know what's.
    • Like x 1