Elite 2.0: No visible Health/power Bar. Would you play it?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Nov 28, 2019.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

-NPC's CR Ratings would be the same as the regular elite version
    -No power bar shown
    -No health bar shown
    -Your screen no longer goes red when your on the verge of being knocked out

You go into the raid and the only thing visible on your screen is your character, power tray and the map. its basically a hardcore version of elite

(to be honest id say remove the power tray as well but thats probably over kill)

Would yall play something like this if DCUO made it a thing
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Personally, i'd rather see actual mechanics in place to ensure difficulty than depending on gimmicks that create artificial difficulty. I'd still like to see them remove the Death limit from the current Elite-approach to make room for more complex aswell as punishing mechanics, something that is rather difficult for them to provide under the Death limit-formula.
    • Like x 3
  3. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I take it healers can see other players' health in this iteration, or are they just supposed to guess when people need healed?

Not really seeing how this makes anything more Elite as recognising when you're low in health & taking evasise action is a skill in itself. It seems more guesswork & luck based otherwise.
    • Like x 4
  4. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I am so down with this. In elite I'd rather see mechanics be more important than the burn.
    • Like x 1
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

Wow.

No.
  6. AV Loyal Player

100% agree. The current death limit severely hamstrings the development of challenging elite content. Pre-limit content managed to be much more challenging and had cooler and more engaging boss fights. It feels like part of why they have to rely on add-heavy fights is because its easier to build for w/o breaking the game with a death limit.
    • Like x 2
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree with Nawanda on this .. Good Lord NO! So you basically want a mission where you have no idea when you are running out of power or health? Which means the ONLY indication of no power available would be when attacks in your load out tray went dark.. Oh wait you wouldn't mind if the power tray was invisible as well. So no clue on power until your standing in front of a boss and none of your attacks work. Health? So aside from popping soda randomly "just in case" a player has no clue how much health they have left? Great idea .. I have always said we need a way to produce more team wipes ..They are character builders.

This idea sort of reminds me of the "made up" rules behind PVP.

1. A true PvPer should never use a soda Because god forbid we use something that not only can we buy off almost any vendor but actually even have drop, free of charge, as a reward during certain mission. OH yeah and the PVP vendors even sell a special soda designed specifically for PVP.

2. A true PVPer never use things in the utility belt like A supply drop or Orbital strike. Because its not like a Legendary player doesn't EARN the right to that belt through subscribing. And if a Premium player has one .. He spent extra REAL MONEY to buy it.

Hey I have an idea lets apply your idea to PVP. You duel someone and you can't even use a soda without being labeled a chaeter. Now lets make it even MORE FUN? And remove the power and health bar so no one has a clue if they are out of power and about to die.

Plenty of other ways (as mentioned MECHANICS) to make a mission more difficult/interesting without removing tools designed to help us stay informed of our health and power. I KNOW! For Elite 2.0 missions let's just TRIPLE the cool down times on all the attacks in any players attack tray. If it normally takes 1 second now it taks 3 and if it normally takes 6 now it takes 18. That should make defeating anything a lot harder don't you think? :rolleyes:
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'd also like to see the Battleground-format come back, with adds, sub bosses and final boss with all of the loot/renown recieved upon completion of the instance. More sub bosses to replace the typical add-infested tunnel + boss + another add-infested tunnel would be nice aswell.
    • Like x 1
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

No. That would be just another artificial difficulty... just like the 2 death limit.
  10. myandria Item Storage

:eek:o_O

Hmm....

Umm....

Hmm....

That would be a big fat NO!

In order for that to work, players would need to "feel" when their health/power is getting low, such as a slower reaction time to enemy tells and using super powers. This would take more time and money to develop that type of game play feel, which would not be in the near or semi-distant future for the devs to work on.

Some artifacts/mods rely on the health/power bar; how will a player know if that 3% power is getting back to them from an artifact/mod? Not showing the health/power bars will only foster more exploits to get around it, such as an even faster way to take out enemies beyond the limits of the dev's intentions. Do we really need more of that? I say no.

There are games that do not show the health/power bar, such as WWE 2k Wrestling games. And we all know how popular the latest version is, don't we? ;)

The "red screen of warning" is a great indicator that you are just about to be roasted with veggies, in my opinion. I think it should be in stages; from a little red in the corners of the screen to what it does now.

Allow me to ask you a question; Why are you trying to keep even more players out of Elite Raids?
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

lol nothing like this would happen in the game. i was just curious to whom would play it if it was something in the game. Youd still be able to play elite get your gear etc etc this would just be something like beyond elite for hardcore players who want to be put in the realm of mission impossible.

everyone seems to hate it and i understand why i was just curious lol
  12. DIIV New Player

i would play it :)
  13. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Or just turn off the screen :) now that's a well-designed challenge!
    • Like x 2
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I would as long as the raid isn't riddled with adds like the current raids are. If they actually make raids hard so you dont have to deal with 15 adds plus a boss.
  15. Brit Loyal Player

I'd probably only do it once I was so far above level for the content that it was trivialized by the gear upgrades.

I primarily play as a Healer, and if I could not see my teammates (and most importantly the Tank) health bars, I would not be able to know when to use the priority heal. It would end up being either a blind spam, or random deaths, or worse still, being stuck in voice chat with people just shouting "Heal" every time they believe they need one, with no ability to see how low my power is.

I doubt I'd have much patience for that. Maybe if only my own Health/Power bars were missing, but I could still see the rest of the team, I could get behind the idea of being able to feel out my Power intuitively and watch my health based on combat log. But if I'm a healer that is not allowed to know who needs healed, that doesn't sound challenging.. just pointless.