Electricity's Invigorate Not Clipping Animations

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Potent, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Potent New Player

Alright, before anybody makes a post implying that I am trying to clip the animation of Invigorate, and cannot, that is not what I am talking about. I can already cast Invigorate and immediately clip that animation of Invigorate with another ability that clips or trinket soda etc.

My issue is that I cannot use Invigorate, to clip a different abilities animation, or a trinket/soda, etc.

Example:
    I hit FOS1 Healer Trinket. I must wait for the animation of the Trinket to finish, before I can cast Invigorate.
    I cast Electrogenesis, I must wait for Electrogenesis' animation to finish before I can cast Invigorate, etc.

This power is a SUPPORT POWER(Health/Power SC).
    Both Transcendence and Regeneration can clip the animations of other abilities.
    Example:
    Nature Healer casts Harvest, notices group needs immediate massive heals, cast Regeneration BEFORE the animation of Harvest is finished.
    A Sorcery Healer casts Circle of Protection, notices the group needs immediate massive heals, casts Transcendence before Circle of Protection's animation is over.
    Either power-set decides to use a buffed SC. Activates FOS1 Healer Trinket, and then immediately casts Transcendence/Regeneration, clipping the animation of the trinket.

When I posted this on the original forums, I was for some reason responded to with a large amount of negative feedback, as well as many instances of people saying "I don't see why this is a problem"

If you cannot see why this is a problem, you have obviously never done competitive 5's PvP Syncing, or attempted to 4 or 5man Gates or Prime as an Electric Healer.
    • Like x 4
  2. surge914 New Player

I don't think clipping was part of the game in the first place just bugs on powers and weapons hence why I don't rely on clipping cause it may not be reliable. No offence but I can see why people put this is not a problem. I think clipping should be removed or fixed entirely.
    • Like x 1
  3. Potent New Player

Regardless of what you think:
    The Devs have already stated clipping is intended.
    Have made numerous changes to allow certain combos/powers to clip or be clipped.

Invigorate is a Healing SC and is a beneficial power. It should be flagged as so and should be able to clip the animations of other abilities.
  4. Zizzi New Player

I can show you a quote from the old forums that proves clipping was intended if you like.
  5. surge914 New Player

Thats why I put either remove or fix. Since it's part of it the game then its remove.
  6. Zizzi New Player

Why would they remove it if they intended it...? The only fixes clipping needs is consistency of clipping across moves. All healing moves can clip except invigorate so that needs to be fixed to allow it to clip.