Electric DPS nerf

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianna WD, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Dianna WD New Player

With the new DLC comming. Electric got an Attract nerf on test server. I want to know why

Electric haven't a finisher like Photom Blast, Terrorize or others. Electric haven't a 60% dmg role power to get the Enduring Damage buff.
    Our overtimes are strong, but split a lot and has a long cooldown.
    Our faster power, Electrostatic Bomb, isn't AOE like Singularity and does less dmg too.

Please, Electric is a nice and fun power but I want the Attract clipping like before or give us a finisher.
    • Like x 2
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, it was only a matter of time. Really the only remaining damage power that can be clipped by another. When they fixed Whirling Devilish, I knew Attract would soon follow. Surprised it took this long, honestly.
    • Like x 5
  3. Dianna WD New Player

The problem is... That power was one of our best things to do a high dmg like some others troll based powers.

10 of 11 powers in the game has a finisher... Maybe they can just create one finisher or make our range dots with a less cooldown... I don't know, but after this "fix" or "nerf", I think an update is needed.
  4. Meta Flare New Player

What other power doesn't have a finisher other than electric?
  5. Dianna WD New Player

xD... Sorry, HL has a finisher but isn't good. But you are right, only Electric haven't a finisher ^^'
  6. villian O5 New Player

what other power doesn't have a finisher?
  7. AIpha New Player

Had this been a month ago I would agree but there have been some "revelations" since then that have put attract in a not so mandatory place anymore.
    • Like x 1
  8. Meta Flare New Player

I was so confused for a second cuz I have been every power and I could have sworn they all did minus electric.

This is off topic but I wish that celestial had 2 finishers, 1 holy, 1 dark.
  9. picadasgalaxias New Player

atract clip end ?

WTF soe ?

what is you problem SOE ?

nerf clips HL too ?

sry my bad inglish :mad:
  10. picadasgalaxias New Player

mobs low life;
    bomb>clip atract>clip weapon>repeat
    best combo fast demage 4ever with eletric dps

why dont nerf all clips from HL's ?

nice balance soe :cool:
    • Like x 1
  11. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I don't use Attract for T5 raids. I use Wired instead but this is some bull. I use Attract in T4 and lower raids for burst damage since everything is took weak to take my full power/strength. Everything literally dies in about 2-4 hits. Electrify is one of the best damaging powers in the game and I do want a revamp to fix this crap. We need 60%s moves and Electrogenesis needs to have an Electrify power interaction since it in the voltage tree (making the wired and Electrogenesis combo even better by adding about DoT tick). Also Electrogenesis needs to be hitting 3 or 4 enemies. In healer role this move should be doing a HoT on yourself and up to 3 other people. Wired needs to be updated in the tool tip. Wired really increase the critical chances for both your weapon attacks and your ability attacks by 10% each. However on the tool tip it only says it increases weapon critical attack chances which is super wrong. The thing is Wired needs to Increases all damage by 45% since it also goes on 3 other teammates increase their critical chances for both your weapon attacks and your ability attacks by 10% each.

Also they need to fix the Polarization power interaction. You need to polarize an enemies twice in order to get the power interact damage to actually work. This has been going on for years and they never fixed it. Also reduce the splitting of our damage. We are Area Damages with a little burst powers. It would be very awesome to increase our burst moves for Electrostatic Bomb and and Attract as well as our single target attack called Overcharge, but Overcharge needs to be a 35% finisher and continue strikes an enemy with a large electric blast causing additional attacks to charge them until they explode.

We need 60% for the hand mods since we can't even use the hand mods which is utter bull. When Electric, Hard Light and Earth gets their revamps I will continue to share my views for Electric damaging.
    • Like x 3
  12. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

I think you just explained everything I would like to see lightning become and maybe pull our supercharges down to 50% because for 100%s they honestly dont do too much damage, just an idea, but I definitely like yours
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, if I drop something out of my rotation for power conservation, it's Attract.
  14. Taymazing New Player

just change the name of the game to DC UniNERF
    • Like x 1
  15. DrewCheech New Player

Forgive my ignorance.
    But are there numbers to back this up?
    Why does everyone say this?
    I've used both final ruin, and light blast as a finisher.
    I never noticed final ruin kill any faster than light blast.
    This question could possibly get me black listed, but it's killing me.
    I always use light blast as a finisher, and watch enemy health melt away.
    Maybe I'm just high?? lol
  16. Original Gunna Well-Known Player

Ok questiom by me.. From my experience the finishers just hit with different styles now gadgets photon blast and Quantums finisher are a little bit tougher but as far as finishers go they all do their job and melt health regardless of what they hit
    • Like x 1
  17. Radium Devoted Player

Its the weakest finisher in the game by a nice chunk actually.

Heres the base damage numbers for each of the finishers over 35%:

Light Blast: 35-40 damage total
    Terrorize: 45-63 damage total
    Photon Blast: 52-74 damage total
    Expulsion: 41-59 damage total
    Impaling: 45-60 damage total
    Snuff Out: 45-60 damage total
    Pebble Blast: 45-71 damage total
    Impaling Thorns: 45-63 damage total
    Final Ruin: 45-57 damage total

As you can see, the highest amount of damage it can reach is lower then the lowest amount of damage any other finisher can reach.

All numbers are taken from thedcuobook.
    • Like x 2
  18. Peacemakaz Committed Player

Attract was kind of overpowered, considering they nerfed everything else in the game to oblivion in preparation for the t5 release. In fact, as Remander said, it is surprising that it took them this long to nerf it.

Also, I don't know why everyone is so convinced that you NEED a 60% modifier to dps. Only like 2 power sets actually end up using them to get more damage, and that is only because the 60% modifiers for those 2 power sets hit extremely hard. Mental, Ice, Sorcery, and natures 60% modifier are borderline useless.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

I still do good damage output with electricity. Attract was fixed (not! nerfed) before and then it wen't back that it can be clipped with other harmful powers. It was way more than obvious that this will be fixed again. Remember whirling dervish? Right. Fixed, not nerfed. Electricity is still fun, still strong, still playable.
    • Like x 1
  20. Radium Devoted Player

I hope you don't think Fire is one of those 60%ers that are hard hitting lol

I'm just saying cause Firebust and Frostblast are the exact same now.
    • Like x 2