Earth Tanking Questions

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Thunderstrikke, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Earth Tanking questions after reading through L T’s excellent “Tank vs Tank Revamp Edition” in Oracle’s database.

1. In there, it highly recommends a blocking strategy for golem tanking. I tried it out last night, and it indeed worked great. But getting to my question, if I’m reading everything right, you only transfer your damage to the golem when not blocking, and the same goes for the 65% defense buff – you only get it when not blocking. So I guess my question is, why is blocking with an Earth Tank any better then blocking with another tank? Because if you are doing so, you aren’t getting any buffs, unless I’m missing something. I mean sure, I’m popping up here and there to use powers, so I get better protection in those instances, but the same can be said for the other tanking powers and their buffs as well.
    2. The guide recommends health over dominance, but assuming you are now active tanking, all of the buffs work off of dominance. Is this because the benefit you get to your defense and shields by loading dominance is still less than getting the straight up health points?
  2. Berza Committed Player

1. Quick answer from a not at all expert: when blocking you lose the 65% of your Dom increase in defense, but you gain a 100% increase on your base Def. Also, when blocking you may control how damage is directed to your own health or to brick's health, which may improve brick's survivality by letting him to heal/be healed/take split damage without actually dying.
      But I may be wrong and hope someone more expert give you more info. Also you can try to send LT a private message.