Earth Tank Stone Skin Animation

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by LexxCorp, Jul 24, 2023.

1. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

Hi Devs,

Just a simple request to remove the stone skin animation for Earth Tank when doing jackhammer without Brick.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ok and what about the players that like the stone skin animation?
    • Like x 1
  3. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I just want them to fix the glitch of it not going away
  4. Zargon7 New Player

That's like removing ice armor for Ice powers. I gotta disagree with this post here.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

No.
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Doesn't the Soul Link Affinity Mod work with any pet, not just Brick?
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Yes it does when you have 8 pieces of elite gear and the elite affinity mod, but that's not the same thing as Stone Skin.
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I actually hate the ice armor as it currently is and wish they would give us back the old one .. I don’t even understand why they can’t since nature still has its transformations and Mental has its transformation.

The old ice armor was so much better looking

I don’t hate the earth stone skin.. but something feels off about earth since that changed to this stone skin the old Jack hammer tanking felt tankier but I am rusty with earth so it could be that too
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Actually Nature used to have a Pterosaur form that got pulled in the same year a few months after Ice Armor.

Agreed.
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Dang I actually forgot about that … I don’t think many used it tho probably for that reason.

I really wish when they redid ice that last time … they woulda incorporated and ice armor transformation ability being part of its tanking and being back the transformation … oh well it is what it is
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Another thing that got removed that I really miss is Fire's blue flames.
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I liked the blue fire as well was sad they got rid of it … I know there were a few people who absolutely hated it tho
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Ah...Blue Flame, love it so much...

...that whistle tho...
    • Like x 2
  14. xGMZen Well-Known Player

Interesting topic, I used to Earth tank alot on PS, however I never understood why earth could absorb damage, but not convert damage to healing? this is not intended obviously, but it would certainly make earth much more "unstoppable" than before, maybe instead of removing stone skin, perhaps repurpose it for either Reflecting damage or simply healing...
    just a thought.
  15. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Ty for say this I don't tank often anymore like I used to and when I do its normally a situation when the tank is down and out so I switch but when I switch back to dps the earth spikes stay on my character. I really hate this animation and don't like that it puts them on me. Still wish they had the option to turn off power interactions of powers period that alter your style
    • Like x 1
  16. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

I think this request was well received. Never say never! :)