Earth Tank Loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Tadurk, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Tadurk New Player

If you talk to most people on DCUO Earth tanks are garbage for PVE. IMO they are right up there with Ice Tanks. As an earth tank I never have a problem with aggro or the dreaded "SQUISHY TANK" syndrome...... This is how I spec and this is my loadout. This is only my opinion, please do what you want. I would just hate to see this power set re-vamped and ruined.

1. Spec into as much dominance as humanly possible. Including the bottom rows of the weapons trees. (Equip mods, Skill points) The reason you do this is that your absorption is based on your DOM. The higher it is the higher your defense will go.

2. Spec into as much Defense as possible. If I have to explain this to a tank you might want to try another role.

3. Health! While I myself put this 3rd you can easily make the case to put it above defense.

My loadout from left to right is as follows:

Jackhammer
    Grasping Hand
    Hard Light Shield / or Unstoppable
    Epicenter
    Gemstone Shield
    Upheaval

I will use Jackhammer and Gemstone shield as the primary moves to increase my defense. I normally run 3 aftershocks, and hit the next power at about 1/2 way through the other powers cool down. Puling block in between. This should always keep your defense up so that you can get the crap kicked out of you. I only use Upheaval as a backup if i get interrupted in my aftershock process. I will also use Upheaval as a taunt for HH in A&B. It is a long range move that block breaks, buffs my defense and pulls aggro all at once. Its everything that you need all in one for that fight. That being said I have used this loadout since the the power set was released.

If i know that i am going to take a huge shot I will pop an absorption move (JH,GS,UP) and then immediately pop the hard light shield afterwards.

This is what works for me I hope that it helps some other people out so I don't have to keep talking my way into raids.....lol