Earth, Quantum or Rage?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DerezzedQuo, Dec 19, 2015.

1. DerezzedQuo New Player

Im electricity now and i bought Respec Token
    I finilly chose these 3 powers, but no the hardest part
    Help me please
    I want to do high damage in PvE and own $%@^'s in PvP and get much fun from being one of those powers\
    Sorry for my english
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

Earth is OP for both.
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

Electric will be updated but since you already bought the token you can choose between Ice, Earth, Sorcery, Gadgets or Mental: All of them are good in PvE.
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

Ice or Earth.

Rage used to own PvP, but idk about now. PVE? No.

Quantum is no longer good anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  5. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

It's sad! Quantum is by far my favorite power too. That teleport tho!!
    • Like x 1
  6. Backseid Devoted Player

Agreed. Best visuals and sound effects of any power. I was really happy when it was OP.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's still a good power. Just now it's too slow compared to Earth and Ice :(
    • Like x 1
  7. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

I do feel that is a bit underpowered compared to most. But it's still the coolest power to date, IMO.

If a relatively true balance ever comes around, quantum is where you'll find me.
    • Like x 1
  8. Backseid Devoted Player

Same here ;)

We have the ability of true balance now. Always have.

It's sitting there staring us right in the face...

Removal of the completely useless Scoreboard - if we didn't see that slim difference in damage, we wouldn't know the difference as ALL powers are perfectly viable, damage wise, in all current content...
    • Like x 2
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Quantum vs Gadgetes vs Atomic Finishers...

Quantum TB takes just as long as a Gadgets toon EMP or Atomic toon Geiger Blast to go off. So from TB to the last ability along with other powers doing their AM the timing is almost identical. Maybe .5 seconds faster if anything.

Earth and Sorcery are BROKEN and have been since the last update to buff the Pets. The Pet powers were fine before just needed some modification to how they used power, but instead of that we go a fix there and the pets got a buff. So instead of players producing more of the damage, Pet are now closer to 50% for most players who use Pet powers. Hopefully they adjust Pet Power prior to Nature or Electric and adjust the damage downward after the developers fix the weapon damage.

As for Ice, its damage out of the gate is really good and it has not real draw back compared to other powers. Using Bitter Winds when close also does extra damage if needed. Ice IMO will be adjusted more than Mental, Gadgets and some other powers as it is to quick to the punch.

I would go with Gadgets, Mental, Atomic, Quantum, or Fire. These powers have been adjusted for all three ranges are close to each other damage within the three ranges.
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

Roll a toon for each, level them for a few hours and get a sense of which you prefer. I certainly won't be as accurate as when the are run in end game content but should at least give a taste.

That said high damage in pve and pvp isn't always easy with most power sets. Most tactics that do well in pve are interuptable or easy to avoid in pvp and that's even before the coming adjustments to AMs.
  11. megamanzero Loyal Player

quantum is the top dps now
  12. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

How exactly are they "broken" ? They keep up with ice, fire, mental, etc. My other question to you is this. Why exactly do you care what percentage of the damage the pet does for us ? What does it matter ? If I wanted my weapon and powers to do most of the damage. I would use a WM loadout. As it stands fury does half my damage. That is a fair compromise.
    • Like x 3
  13. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I have played earth for a while and right now is worst for it because it requires less skill than even ice to be an effective DPS. I played with plenty earth and sorcery DPS and most do not know how to produce more damage than there pets. I do about 66% of the damage not my pet. It is sad now that we have so many bad DPS in the game now. Many should learn support roles it would make them a better DPS.
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

The problem is the concept of the AM on Pet powers because the pet is nothing more than a helper but the main damage should comes from the player, not from the pet. Earth/Sorcery powers need to be revamped and get another kind of AM where the Pet just help you. An Aftershock AM for Earth and a Advanced Interactions for Sorcery are ok, perhaps would work in this way:

Player using another AM: 70% damage
    Pet: 30% damage
  15. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Ok then. The power shouldn't suffer. Just to teach newbs a lesson(what you're pretty much getting at)
    • Like x 1
  16. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

I didn't like the concept at first. It has grown on me though. It's not just a "helper". It IS our AM. It's no different then artic gust or first burst. You can even look at it as offering IS your gust or fire burst if you like. You hit it. It does a big hit. Pretend the fury isn't even there. I hardly see where mine gets to half the time anyways.
    • Like x 2
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

But Pet powers is basically: You summon a creature and this creature take more damage than you. It's not you, it's your creature even if you give power to him.
  18. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

I do half the damage. I'm ok with that. You can say it's "it's your pet and not you" as many times as you want. This isn't real life. There's no personal gratifying feeling of "i did that ! not some helping object/creature !" here. There's really no difference between my pet hitting for 40 k total or me hitting 40 k between my weapon or transmute. I just think it makes sense for my pet to do half the damage. Since it IS a pet power after all.
    • Like x 3
  19. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

You really believe this?
    • Like x 1
  20. megamanzero Loyal Player

i know it