Earth Pvp/PVE Ideas

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CaptainPoptart, Jun 7, 2015.

1. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

The devs did pretty good with the tanking side of earth i`ll give them that but they could add a few tweaks

Earth dps in pve its alright i find it quite unique but after gu 49 i think earth is going to be a not so good power right now its alright,devs you guys really brought more work upon yourselves instead of just buffing earth aftershocks and looking over everything in pvp/pve and not making it seem to rely on a Pokemon in pve or just straight wm in pvp you guys made it quite worse in my opinion, yes i like that crystal finally got a buff yes hooray who cares wheres the rock throwing,beating on the ground, and earthquake type of earth style game play. you guys could`ve fixed it gu48 how comes you guys focused on crystal you guys could`ve done better i think you guys need to look over earth again its not good to make the same mistakes over and over .....

I made this thread so we can have a discussion on how we can get EARTH to be a better and a more enjoyable power lets Discuss and If you have any ideas please comment below ":D
    • Like x 2
  2. The VL Active Player

I'd like some improvement in the aftershock ideas as well. And improve the overall use of the seismic tree for dps. Practically no dps uses it, and even if they do, they're more like to put out more damage using the geokinesis tree. I still do think buffing crystal was a great idea, but at the same time I feel so limited as a dps considering so much of it relies on crystal. There's only so much you can do yourself as a dps even if you change load outs and mod differently, and WM crits are out of the table.

For a few dps ideas:
    Possibly create a mechanic that allows us to do better/worse with crystals damage rather than just a basic power up that lets her do her own thing. Now what earth players would really love to see is aftershock dps that's usable in raids. It utilizes the dazing PI, however Pebble Blast is severely weak compared to Rumblecrush(Crushing), Pebble Blast hits one target while spreading the PI while Rumblecrush does the same except it hits multiple targets. Tectonic Break is hardly viable for raiding due to the close distance being required. The main aftershock powers themselves: Upheaval and Jackhammer don't hit very high compared to something like simply spamming HB combos (Jackhammer is also close range). Maybe if some sort of increasing precision damage mechanic were included, similar to that of Light while increasing the range of the jackhammer and tectonic break. Perhaps alternating a few aftershock powers while speeading the PI and using Crystal. A multitude of ideas are possible. It would be great if these and any other ideas were expanded upon.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aggro Well-Known Player

Earth needs to be more frequently. crystal is great but the physical powers aren't enough to keep up with all the ticks that ice and fire are doing. fireburst and arctic gust ticks are way too fast and can just be spammed vs crystals 20k.

If you guys wanna keep the pokemon idea, Add when crystal/fury is active certain powers do additional damage, that way its a must to run both crystal/fury and Fortify/Offering. Jackhammer could be awesome aswell. fireburst is a pretty fast move and the ticks that come with it plus all the 7k-9ks on each hopefully fit the crystal per second gap
    • Like x 1
  4. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Yeh also i would really like to see them bring out the aftershock idea more in pve its just sitting their useless.....
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I played Earth and Rage, trust me you do not want a Aftershock mechanic if it is anything similar to Rage Melee. I prefer the Pet Mechanic as only one other powerset shares this Mechanic vs. being another combo based mechanic.

I do have to say that the limitation on ability used while Fortify Golem is active has made all Earth DPS players very similar. Instead of only limiting it to two abilities, it should be players get power regen for abilities (no limit) used while Fortify Golem is on cool down. This would allow a bit more flexibility by the players. You could go Might or Precision builds. The same can be said for Sorcery.

I tested a my Sorcery toon out doing rotation a pure might rotation that would be similar to Earth and the DPS using the Combat Parser was higher than using a WM build with Staff. I know for Earth we get a nice precision buff from Reinforce where as Sorcery it requires a multi hit weapon like Brawling, Staff, or 2H to maxmize the damage.

I prefer having options and right now the Pet DPS feel very restricted for loadouts.
  6. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

And i just hate the idea that they made EARTH/SORCERY wayy too in common
    the art, practices, or spells of a person who is supposed to exercise supernatural powers through the aid of evil spirits; black magic;witchery.

The power to manipulate earth, including sand, stone, rock, lava, dirt, glass, metal, and other minerals. Sub-power of Solid Manipulation. Variation of Elemental Manipulation.

To me these 2 obviously have nothing in common and i hate the idea .....
  7. Dogico Loyal Player

Aftershock AM, if it is coming, is at the very least a year away. Earth dps and tanking are both competitive with other powersets. Best for us to just be content with what we have.
    • Like x 1
  8. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

9. AL Lonso New Player

Sucks that pet AM relies on performing WM or that dreaded scissor kick to deal decent damage. They should buff aftershocks, so it's the players' part to deal damage. It'll nicely go with the pet AM since you're not performing WM. Sorcery meh.. Maybe Soul Storm (I think that's what it's called). Least it'll stop the 2 DIFFERENT powers being so identical. Earth can be Precision with aftershocks and Sorcery can be Might with Soul Storm.
    • Like x 1
  10. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Yup they should buff aftershock
  11. Aggro Well-Known Player

what we have always isn't finished while other powers get rebuffed again... im happy where crystals at, which by the way got a ninja buff again with crush pi this time hiting around 5k on 8 targets vs hitting 4k which is nice (league hall dummies)

Our physical powers need a tweak, im not saying a huge tweak tho... and when it comes to precision base powers, stop buffing the weapons, it doesnt benefit the actual power if everyone can use the weapon. uphavel and jackhammer for example, yea its a "am" which devs claim it is but it doesn't feel like one at all, which is the only am thats different from what sorcery has..

we need the time = reward factor on these ams (all im doing is jackhammer in the that time frame till my pis comeback... give me the reward while in animation , why not? quatums spaming 1,2,3, timebomb look at fire inferno, fiery, fireburst) heres a video...

we need crystal to be active while giving jackhammer and uphavel additional damge so it works with the pet am the devs keep enforcing on us, also a better aoe daze pi other than gag glove, which does better damage then rumble, striking, shards, pebble blast.. on stationary adds/bosses.
    • Like x 1
  12. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Funny thing is EARTH struggles the same way it struggle in pvp and pve without using crystal in dps role ...
  13. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

14. CaptainPoptart Committed Player