Earth Needs a Buff, My experience switching back

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WreckingBaII, Mar 9, 2014.

1. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

After switching back to earth from rage I realized even more how in need earth is of a revamp or just some love in the next couple of game updates. I switched because I was earth for a year and missed it and it's animations and honestly it was extremely boring using the same 2 dps moves over and over for rage.

How is it that upheaval (I understand that it's not exactly earths best move and is a 35% dmg modifier) , whose animation looks like the final combo from dreadful blast comes almost no where near the damage if it. Upheaval even has a slower animation and costs power to aftershock, this means that it should at least be close to if not more in damage with dreadful blast (and I understand that dreadful blast only hits hard with the plasma pi). Devs please tell me how with 1875 base precision and 2700+ buffed with bloodlust I can hit dreadful blast for 9k on the last hit where when buffed the same way with earth i rarely see anything over 2.5k ( and I could probably combo dreadful blast into itself twice before I finished afterschocking upheaval)?

Same goes for jackhammer, why am I seeing that most hits hit for 300 when I have over 2700 buffed precision with reinforce that I can keep up most of the time? Sure I get one or two hits over 1k every once in awhile but there is no excuse, especially when I am using power to use it instead of it being a combo. I know I shouldn't compare it to other moves from rage because there is nothing similar to jackhammer in the rage trees but like comeeee onnnn lol, I could just use outrage on a single target and get 6k dmg in about 2 seconds (idk how long outrage takes) and even more damage with more enemies.

Put on my might gear and all I can say is the dmg/dots/ticks are too low and for it to be truly effective you would need to use insane amounts of power clipping and phase dodge which is no longer available to not be worthless. Rumble crush is totally broken, at least for PS. Tested it out in the watchtower and wasn't lagging and I stood there for a minute trying to throw the stupid rock (you guys should also buff the weaponization in the iconic tree because there is hardly a noticeable dmg difference). The devs want us to slow gameplay down but this would make earth even worse and honestly I don't see weapon mastery being useful for earth at all because the powers hit like electric and some hit for even less.

Devs you guys did awesome with the recent hot fixes and game updates for sorcery and I hope you do the same for earth.... and electric

This isn't a nerf rage thread, it's buff earth (and electric) for the sake of the people who actually like the power. But most of all do it for Brick;)
    • Like x 7
  2. Anti Bezz New Player

+1 What gets me is they are always saying we are looking into balancing, but the fact is they either don't care or don't do anything to balance power sets. I don't think Rage needs a nerf imo it's perfectly inline with other powers, but Earth does need some balancing of it's own, and atm the devs just don't care. Even though players give reason after reason and show examples we get nothing back.
    • Like x 1
  3. Invictus2112 New Player

Check my sig, the Devs understand, just already have a full queue, so to speak.
  4. Shift New Player

You, sir, are my hero. I saw those little hints towards Electricity. You have my support. Earth/Electric revamp, BANZAI!!!
    • Like x 1
  5. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Go back to electric soon and we can be the under powered together again:D
    P.S. Brick needs electric healers tooo :(
  6. Noisereject New Player

I wanna try earth, won't let it scare me away just cuz it's weaker than Puke powers (rage).
  7. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

I realize this is a bit off topic, but I wanted to say that you guys will more than likely get your buff. Reason being is that sorcery is now able to keep up with the big 4 along with nature as well. This is actually the most balance we have seen between powersets in a long time. My belief is that they are bringing all powers in line with Celestial/Rage/Nature/Gadgets/HL/ and now Sorcery (mental as well in the right hands).
    • Like x 1
  8. WreckingBaII Well-Known Player

Hopefully it's not too late because the longer we wait the more likely earth users will be switching to other powers to keep up with new content. And yes sorcery is now amazing and is up there with rage gadgets and celestial
  9. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Yea, I have a feeling that it won't be too much longer though. They seem to be trying to hurry up and finish the balancing issues so they can worry about other things. We have 7 powers that are actually balanced now (Celestial, HL, Rage, Gadgets, Mental, Nature, and Sorcery). HL, Gadgets, and Mental could use a power cost decrease though (might be remedied through the WM however).

The only ones that need work now are quantum, earth, fire, ice, and electricity. Once they get those up to par we will finally be balanced powersets IMO.
  10. FelixDuo Committed Player

If Earth (and the others) could get the same kind of tender loving care Sorcery just got, I'd be way happy. I recently switched my Gadgets character to Earth, simply because I like the visuals and the thought of being an earthbender (Toph is the coolest), but I have already noticed that the PI's are a little weak, the aftershocks are kinda meh, and the power is overall a bit expensive. Looks badass, but needs some tweaking.
  11. pyroshade13 Committed Player

i messed up the rotation ALOT but the damage is still really good and not fully 90...sooo
    • Like x 1