Earth 3 Panopticon Elite Raid

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kryptonian Being, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

I’m a rage tank cr 221. I don’t understand the mechanics when fighting Ultraman. I was told not to breakout when he freezes us, so I don’t but I end up dying somehow. Is my cr too low or what tips can y’all give me. The raid was frustrating me, wipe after wipe after wipe. I’m not liking rage at the moment lol
  2. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Many things going on in that raid. So tells of one shots are easy to avoid if you know what to look out for. The tell for him lunging out at someone random is when he points in a random direction. Usually people know to block, but it gets so hectic in there that they sometimes don't notice. The tell for his ultra beam attack (which will kill anyone regardless of role) is when he encases everyone in ice. The easiest way to avoid that is to remain frozen and to not break out. Now if you are dying while still encased there are edge cases of this happening. One such case is when you are so close to him while he does the attack that it clips through the ice. The other edge case is when the Owlman statue drops a few mines next to you as they penetrate the ice and will not save you. The last edge case is when the Ultraman statue puts a fire under you as that too can penetrate the ice to damage you directly. Now there IS a tell for the Owlman mines. If you have your in game sounds up high, you can actually hear them before they actually drop on your character or anyone nearby. They sound exactly like gadgets mines. So if you hear that sound (hopefully no gadgets DPS is using that power otherwise it will confuse you) simply roll off to the side as there is ample time before it drops and blows up. When the Superwoman statue uses her lasso of submission on you don't panic. Simply spam the key it tells you. if you see someone nearby who is lasso'd however, I suggest to get away from them because if they don't spam the key enough, they will one shot anyone nearby. Like I said, once you know what to look out for, this raid isn't so tough anymore.
    • Like x 3
  3. Darth Loyal Player

When you're in ice, the only thing that can't kill you is his heat vision. You can still be killed by scatter shot, fire, group member with the lasso and mines. The best thing for that is to have a shield on when you're in ice. Shields and soders can still be used. If you get double/triple mines, I would suggest to breakout and either run around Ultraman or get out of range depending on how close you are to him. If you decide to run around him you want to be as close as possible because that is where the heat vision is rotating the slowest. That's the best I can do without covering the whole fight given the information you've shared.
    • Like x 4
  4. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

As a Rage Tank, I can tell you that this raid will be challenging, but it's certainly doable.

Other two posts have already mentioned about the mines, but are you also buffing your health (without mercy, ragebringer, etc)? I would also recommend doing that boss with 2 healers, but you can't simply sit there and block Ultraman's attacks either. If he block breaks you, you'll probably be KO'd instantly.

Fight him PvP style, but also kite (hit, run, buff). You can also run with Vindictive (supercharge) in the rare cases that he smacks you for 50K on one hit, but you also need to be ready to pop a soda if he does that.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Wow, that’s a lot of stuff to look out for. Have any of you done it as a rage tank?
  6. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

How exactly do you buff your health using Without Mercy and Ragebringer? Those two powers just heals or did you mean reaching the 50x hit?

My health is around 50k+ and my loadout is

Ragebringer| Severe Punishment| Redirected Shield| Ire| E.Chain| and Without Mercy

Vindictive has been nerfed. It used to be 0. Something cooldown just like Atomic aura supercharge. Having a 30 second cooldown doing the same as Severe Punishment is not favorable in my opinion. I’ll just need to have practice running that elite raid. There was also two healers in that raid. My main concern was it was first time but kept wiping so many times. Too much stuff was happening.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've healed a rage tank that did it just fine, and this was before it got it's most recent buff. Just make sure you have redirect rage on your loadout to pop while in ice, just in case a mine decides to drop by and say hi, or he lights your feet on fire.
  8. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

As a Rage Tank i will recomend you to put Amazonian Deflection in your loadout, it really helps a lot, and dont try to block all the damage, kite him a bit because he and Owlman hit really hard on Elite. If you want to watch our Leaguemate who is Rage Tank you can go to the 2:05:19 mark of my last livestream when we beat Ultraman with him Tanking. The video is on my signature.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Thanks guys for the tips.
  10. farm3rb0b Committed Player

The ice is as dangerous as it is helpful. If you're finding that you keep getting other mechanics on you while in the ice (mines/fire pool), you can break out of the ice and survive the heat vision.

If you watch, you'll see him spin in one direction using his freeze breath. Then, he'll switch directions and spin using his heat vision. If you play ring-around-the-rosy, you can avoid the heat vision. You're grounded, so this is easiest if you're really close to him...which is where the tank should be. We have numerous folks do this just because they like to live on the edge...-_-.