Dumbest Base Items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Dec 25, 2013.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

Have to agree here. I have 4 bases on my main (mostly for quick teleporting to sections of the cities with NO teleporters) and each has 2-3 different themes in them. My uber-dressed-up main lair starts of with a game room mentality, then you proceed down the hall to the infirmary, above that is the throne room, below that is the torture chamber and living area. I suppose, if most players have no sense of creativity, then lairs are not for them.
    But I'm curious, if no creativity, does your character look like the generic off the ship?:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  2. Scott Zyur New Player

They are all dumb. I am playing a super powered hero saving the world from destruction. Not barbie dreamhouse. The only time i even visit my base is because i need to re-up the rent or put mods in new gear.

At least it serves as a nice warp to my favorite bit farming area.
    • Like x 2
  3. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This.
    The only base-items which I'm interested in are those, which can be sold for a useful amount of money or which are feat-related. Decorating bores me to death.

And this!

Base-items I hate the most are those, which replace another item, which I would have had use for, like a style I need from a weekly or monthly box and lockboxes of course.
  4. Feenicks New Player

I have a villian cave lair. I use the dirt and shovel, body bags, and other assorted things to give the effect of burying bodies and loot in the basement. If done right it's really creepifying.
    • Like x 3
  5. El El Committed Player

Well playhouse is kinda Joker themed so it makes sense to me,the Joker is weird loool.
    • Like x 2
  6. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

All base items especially the ones that come in my weekly reward boxes, double annoying when I get that junk in my PvP boxes. Base items have become the new green ooze or chattering teeth.
  7. akaivy Dedicated Player

On the other side of this, I would really like some of the things in the wastelands duos/alerts. The skeletons, the blue orb lamps, for example.

Also, from Origin Crisis alerts the city under glass and the plane that hangs in the air.
    • Like x 3
  8. Minnion Devoted Player

Stick a garbage bag or two in the corner under the stairs with some scattered bones and a mumified corpse and it makes you wonder just what is in the bag....

I found that the plywood can actually be used to give your lair that "I'm renovating" look as well act as a breakable floor extender to a degree..
    • Like x 1
  9. Feenicks New Player

I use the plywood planks vice the rubber mat in my dojo.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I like how people don't like the garbage ones, like the bag or dumpster when I love them. I can safely say, I think any magic theme ones I find useless and they are riddled throughout content for some reason.

Why do I need another red crystal?! Or a summoning circle?

Why can't I have a dang effin computer?!

I'm a tech based character, why isn't there enough tech based stuff?! An entire hard to get set for Mystical on release?! Really? Occult?! Why two?

Shabby was the only set that actually looked good too!

/rant

@OP You say useless, but there is a use for it for someone. :)
    • Like x 3
  11. Enickma Dedicated Player

Damn, beat me to it!
  12. BumblingB I got better.

In the cave and sewer lair, the plywood planks make a very useful walkway in the basement at the stairs. Especially the sewer one, with water puddle. :)

I use the papers and trash just to make my lair looked used. If you are a superhero on the go, no time to tidy. I also got a bunch of case files too.

The bumper car and horse go well in the gothic theme, if you go for an eccentric type of person.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

:p
  14. Foe Evah New Player

There's a dumpster?! I NEED THAT! It would look great on my basement, nearby the operation room with the body bag and OP table!
    • Like x 1
  15. Minx New Player

That big ugly rusted gas pipe looking thing....just ugly.
  16. SonOfKalel New Player

Yea I hate dirt shovel
  17. Poo New Player

Occult Dining Chair is the worst IMHO. I just delete them. ;)
  18. Dirty Fred New Player

Dirt & shovel i use that in my special room where i bury all my loot from my crimesprees in the ground ^^ !

(one mans garbage is Another mans treasure)
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

My hobo toon has at least 50 garbage bags in his lair. I'd love to have more, but already at 500 items limit...
    lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I got the Mastodon but that's it.