Dual Pistols?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WR Strike, Apr 19, 2013.

1. WR Strike New Player

How are dual pistols these days? They where my favorite weapons back when I played hardcore...and I would like to start with them again (since many of the starter fights are better at range)
  2. Octantis New Player

They are my ranged weapon of choice. I absolutely love them. These days people like to hate on them, but I think it's just because Pistols don't fit their personal playstyles.
  3. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Pistols are perfect for Healer and Trollers. Not so much for DPS though.
  4. Force of Nature New Player

If you like Duel Pistols thats all that matters.
    • Like x 2
  5. Meta Flare New Player

they are good for dps, i use them alot when i was a gadget dps since i prefer ranged dps. and ranged fire dps aint bad to use them with. but i do agree most people only use them if they are a healer or troll. in PvP they are good to block break with if your target is in a fight already. they would have to focus on you and they make a good distraction.
  6. The Huntress New Player

I use pistols on one or two characters and enjoy them. Though, I'd love to see a more of a gun kata move. :p
    • Like x 1
  7. WR Strike New Player

I'm using gadgets DP right now...and topping the charts in =p
  8. WR Strike New Player

I like them very much....my favorite weapon outside of MA
  9. blklightning New Player

I used dual pistols for my healer and love the fast power regen. I thought I'd like them for controller, but find that they just don't have great CC abilities, and all the range moves aren't clippable. So, combo clip recharge is a challenge compared to bow/HB.
  10. raaddd Well-Known Player

They are fun to use. The combos are awesome
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Pistols are great as long as you don't waste too much time with full auto. It's great for a 3 second CC blast. Magnum round is the best move with it. In short, I loves me DP.
  12. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

The greatest thing about pistols, IMO, is that it´s probably the weapon that can chain combos the easiest. As in, adding an extra tap or hold can send you into a new combo instead of having to restart it. I actually found a way to chain ALL existing combos for them, haha! This enables extra easy damage and more hits if you are going for troller.
  13. BomombRook New Player

Love them for controlling. They have such great power regen rate and also since they have one of the vit innate, which saves me sp as well. Plus looks bad-*** with any outfit.
  14. cravex15 Dedicated Player

I love Duel Pistols. Probably cuz Im a fan of shooter-games but I have a character with Duel Pistols and Gadgets and he rocks. If it fits your character then I say use it.
  15. EmeraldCobra New Player

I just picked up a controller pistol and I'm still trying to learn best how to use it. Are most of you pistol users using full auto, slip and jump shot? Just curious what some of the techniques are to learn.

I am normally hand blaster but I haven't gotten a hand blaster drop so since the pistol one dropped I have been trying it.

Thanks,
    EmeraldCobra
  16. CameroWings New Player

I use it to combo and its one of the best change up weapons as in you can keep ppl guessing. plus its tap square 2x hold square combo is a long range melee attack most ppl would try to long range when I do that plus I can pop them up use full auto to distract I consider it one of the top 3 best weapons in the game. it can hit hard when in melee too harder than I expected it to be I could keep up with a HL and Gadget DPS for the most part with them.
  17. Vosh_Daemon New Player

I've found they're also pretty good for crowd control. A good three second burst with full auto can push a horde of smaller enemies away, and allow a small window of opportunity for me to stun them further with illusions.

They're also handy against enemies like Kilowog, who tend to come in close range and block your incoming attacks. A good slip-shot gets you a good distance away from him, and magnum round manages to soften his hard light pretty quick...

Usually, the pistols has me spamming the triangle button on enemies, but it's a quick, easy way to get the combo meter up. A steady string of attacks can easily get you up to the fifty-something range on simpler opponents...
    • Like x 1
  18. Octantis New Player

Full Auto? No! No no no. That move is ONLY for a quick, half-second knock back and Block Breaking. It's for a mass-group CC, not power regen or damage. Why? Because there are combos that generate Hits much faster, and the damage of Full Auto is incredibly low, especially when hitting more than one target. Even then, I prefer Slip Shot or Magnum as my Block Break over Full Auto. I refrain from using it as much as humanly possible. In PvP, sure, spam away and BB the whole enemy group if you want.

Tap > Slip Shot > Jump Shot > Sweep Shot > Repeat

If you want a little extra damage in there, add Magnum to Sweep Shot. Or, leave off Sweep and just do Slip > Jump. You can clip Sweep Shot and Magnum as well.
    • Like x 2
  19. Meta Flare New Player

you can even magnum shot after the basic 3 tap square combo. i just found that out a few hours ago.
    • Like x 1
  20. Octantis New Player

Yep, or [Melee Tap x2] > [Melee Hold] for Sweep Shot and follow that up with [Ranged Hold] for Magnum.

I like how Pistols has all these little combos; and not just that but how they quickly interchange between Block Break and Interrupt
    • Like x 1